Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 803569 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: /mbg/: manbutt general
« Reply #2550 on: November 05, 2015, 11:41:10 pm »

Was it your first time playing? It might not have been random: IIRC FO3 leads you to a grocery store where a "wounded deathclaw" ambushes you, but it's so weak that it's really not much of a threat at all (I ran in circles around a building for a few minutes avoiding it because AHHHH A DEATHCLAW). I'm not sure but I don't recall the normal ones being that much of a danger either, though.
Huh, I don't remember that.
Then again, I probably panicked and dropped a mini-nuke on it because AHHHH A DEATHCLAW.

Anyway, I'm hoping I can convince my friend with a PS4 to buy this. Not sure if he will, yet.
I'll probably have to pay for half of it or something. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: November 05, 2015, 11:42:38 pm »

Atomic Command is pretty fun.
Also, I really really really love the new separation of armor pieces because the whole "one outfit, one helmet" thing annoyed me a bit in 3 and New Vegas.
Black lives matter.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: November 06, 2015, 12:04:11 am »

my gf pre-ordered me Fallout 4! Early christmas gift she said :D

despite all the hate fallout 4 is getting on reddit and steam, i'm still looking forward to it. It looks great to me from the leaked video, dunno whats up with people saying it looks ugly...animations are meh, but they've never been great in any bethesda game. everything else looks great to me graphics wise, but maybe i just really like the art style and other people don't like it or something. gameplay wise, it looks way better than fallout 3 and new vegas, but maybe its just me ;p
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: November 06, 2015, 12:19:53 am »

What hate?

There is an issue with Fallout 4 I am unaware of? I mean other then saying "I don't think this game will be as awesome as people think it will be" but that really just amounts to me thinking this game is a 8 instead of a 10...

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: November 06, 2015, 12:22:07 am »

What hate?

There is an issue with Fallout 4 I am unaware of? I mean other then saying "I don't think this game will be as awesome as people think it will be" but that really just amounts to me thinking this game is a 8 instead of a 10...

don't go to the steam fallout 4 forums or FO4 reddit (well at least a day or two ago it was filled with rants and how ugly the game looked amongst other stuff from the leaked video(s)) ;p or that nma place

maybe its just those three places lol.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: November 06, 2015, 12:26:38 am »

So basically Graphics Snobs who are complaining that Fallout 4 doesn't need a super computer to run...

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: November 06, 2015, 12:41:06 am »

So basically Graphics Snobs who are complaining that Fallout 4 doesn't need a super computer to run...
I imagine people are just upset because a brand new triple A videogame costing $110 has graphics that barely compare to games from 5 years ago. STALKER: Clear Sky launched in 2008 from a minor studio in the fucking Ukraine that blows Fallout 4 out of the water.

Developers can always offer lower textures, console commands and low-poly patches if they're afraid their consumer base won't have the hardware to support their average graphical setting, limiting it from the start just screams of laziness. Shouting "MODDDERS WILL FIX EVERYTHING" is a massive cop-out which Bethseda gets shielded by constantly, especially when modders can't fix a shit story and bad quests.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: November 06, 2015, 12:53:59 am »

Don't they just release texture packs later like in Skyrim?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: November 06, 2015, 12:56:41 am »

Most likely, but Skyrim's HD texture pack wasn't really all that great.
Also, it had issues with lag and texture glitches.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: November 06, 2015, 12:58:19 am »

Most likely, but Skyrim's HD texture pack wasn't really all that great.
Also, it had issues with lag and texture glitches.

Yeah but it is the same textures as the console versions. As for lag and glitches... Well I wonder why they limit the PC version's textures :P

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: November 06, 2015, 01:04:06 am »

I am rather glad that not all big games like this one come with really high system requirements. There's a few big games that have come out recently or are soon to be released that I have my eye on (GTAV, Witcher III, Warhammer: Total War) but I'm put off because the system requirements are rather high, as well as the hard drive space.

It's like... I remember looking at a bench in a corner of a map in Shogun 2: Total War and thinking that this bench could had more detail that a unit model from the previous games. To what end? Sure it looks nice but I'm not going to spend all my time looking at it and any time I'm not is kind of wasted effort on the developers side.

The high resolution packs are nice to include if people wish for better looking textures. I'd rather they didn't include them in the base game because from what I remember of Skyrim, if the game started running out of memory space for textures it would start leaving large white meshes everywhere it failed to load a texture.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: November 06, 2015, 01:09:10 am »

Oddly enough I was really impressed by how the fighting looked in Shogun 2... And I think I looked at it twice and then never zoomed in ever again.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: November 06, 2015, 01:14:13 am »

It is my point. The models in Rome 2 have eyes, teeth, tongues and layers of clothing. I know it reduces the quality of the models all the way to sprites when you're far away but it kind of seems like effort that could be put elsewhere.

I think the slightly cartoony, bright style goes well with Fallout. A dark, realistic style like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wouldn't match the 50s theme with all the bright plastic, neon, glowing radiation and so forth. Maybe ground cover could be better, as it is often a point in Bethesda games that you can tell the landscape is sculptured with dome brushes because the grass isn't thick enough or disappears a few meters in front of you.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: November 06, 2015, 01:21:47 am »

I think the slightly cartoony, bright style goes well with Fallout.
This made me groan out loud.
But it's true that it might work well.  It does fit the 50ths aesthetic, and this protagonist is actually *from* the prewar era.  So it somewhat makes sense.

I also don't care much about graphic quality, I have a very powerful suspension of belief.  It's just a bit odd, compared to modern games and especially other Fallout games.  I also don't believe that it's lowering the system requirements, they seem high to me.  Significantly higher than Far Cry 4, for example, including *minimum* 8GB ram. 

Edit: And a later graphics card than FC4.  2GB VRAM vs 1GB, and Radeon 7870 vs 5850.  Which would be incredibly disappointing even if it did look appropriately detailed.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 01:24:49 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: November 06, 2015, 01:31:26 am »

Has anyone recommended the Fallout 4 Build Planner yet?
And also the Fallout 4 Perks List for faster comprehension?

If you, like me, are worried about spending 5h in-game just reading through everything and then still screwing it all up and being forced to start over.
Beware of minor spoilers, like...the perks. And is it confirmed that we get 21 Special points to distribute?

I planned almost to level 25, but I think I'm prioritizing crafting and abundance of money/ammo too much.
Pretty sure I'll lack damage and resistance, but meh. I really want to craft and build neat stuff.

4,4,3,6,6,3,2 for me. Weird because I usually go for as much Agility and Luck as possible.

With 3 strength for armor mods, crazy endurance perks, Nuclear Physicist so I can power armor harder....IMMORTALITY IS MINE!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 462