Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 804409 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Gay For Your Own Brain
« Reply #5310 on: February 11, 2016, 12:25:08 am »

christ bauglir your sig's pretty good

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: February 11, 2016, 06:07:46 am »

they're not super evil, just really.. really devoted to what they think is right?
would evil people... not be?
If you want to be technical about it, wanting to prevent a second nuclear war is actually a pretty noble thing to do... They're just doing it weird. And mean.
And they hate synths (which is understandable), and ghouls (arguable), and super mutants (who doesn't?).
Black lives matter.

YaW

• Bay Watcher
  • CremaGames
    • View Profile
    • CremaGames
« Reply #5312 on: February 11, 2016, 06:23:33 am »

they're not super evil, just really.. really devoted to what they think is right?
would evil people... not be?
If you want to be technical about it, wanting to prevent a second nuclear war is actually a pretty noble thing to do... They're just doing it weird. And mean.
And they hate synths (which is understandable), and ghouls (arguable), and super mutants (who doesn't?).
I would say they are the worst faction by far in my moral compass. The end never justifies the means et al. I should play more, but so far, they are the worst for me.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: February 11, 2016, 06:25:14 am »

I'm still confused about this whole situation, why is it understandable to hate synths?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: February 11, 2016, 06:28:24 am »

The Brotherhood is all about not having humanity wiped out by misuse of technology, and then you have a bunch of sentient robot people that think, act, and feel like real humans being made to look like other people and sent to live in their place, intentionally.
(I'm saying I get why they do. Personally I think it's super dumb that they hate half of the commonwealth, but I can't help that.)
Black lives matter.

YaW

• Bay Watcher
  • CremaGames
    • View Profile
    • CremaGames
« Reply #5315 on: February 11, 2016, 06:34:35 am »

The Brotherhood is all about not having humanity wiped out by misuse of technology, and then you have a bunch of sentient robot people that think, act, and feel like real humans being made to look like other people and sent to live in their place, intentionally.
(I'm saying I get why they do. Personally I think it's super dumb that they hate half of the commonwealth, but I can't help that.)
Yeah, but I would argue that if they are completely human, like, they think, act and feel like human beings, it doesn't matter what they are built from, don't you think? It would be a matter of education. And, after all, robots didn't nuke the planet, haha.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: February 11, 2016, 06:44:00 am »

Of course, that's what I think. Danse literally explains his grasp of emotions to Maxson at one point.
I'm just explaining why, personally, I get their discrimination.
Black lives matter.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: February 11, 2016, 08:17:51 am »

christ bauglir your sig's pretty good
oh hey, thanks. ai koans are neat.

fwiw i have always been a fan of your sig's image rotation. it contains many fine facial expressions
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: February 11, 2016, 07:59:49 pm »

I'm still confused about this whole situation, why is it understandable to hate synths?
Well, to be fair... Not all are sentient, right? In fact, many are basically completely subservient and don't have free will from my memory. Sometimes, they get all thinky. I don't know specifics, I should look into that more.

However, I'd also say the Brotherhood are the second-worst. You want to talk about ends justifying means? Look at the fucking Institute.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: February 11, 2016, 08:06:25 pm »

Not to defend the Institute but, to be fair, they did at least try to not be Those Creepy Guys to the Commonwealth when they made their first synths. It just didn't work, so then they kinda went "fine, go ahead, fuck you too, we'll save humanity OUR WAY, by OURSELVES" and then just used their synths for everything topside. Their extremist views about their own creations are also justifiable, because they made the synths to be subservient. Sentience is a bonus, I suppose. New workers that are completely obedient (99% of the time) and can think for themselves? Hell yeah.
Black lives matter.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: February 11, 2016, 08:08:10 pm »

cough genocide and xenophobic paranoia/hatred of the surface cough
I just can't see a good outcome for the Commonwealth with them in charge. Even with the minutemen.

In fact, if I could get an ending where the minutemen just kill every faction/boot them out I would happily do so.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: February 11, 2016, 08:13:37 pm »

Genocide?
Also, see
... they did at least try to not be Those Creepy Guys to the Commonwealth when they made their first synths. It just didn't work, ...

They hate the Commonwealth because the Commonwealth hates them first.
Black lives matter.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: February 11, 2016, 08:16:31 pm »

I would think that when your 'master plan' calls for turning the few surviving humans in the region into test subjects while living a perfectly safe existence within a sealed and nearly impenetrable underground fortress, then you are at least a heartless bastard and at worst several magnitudes worse than the Nazi party.

In fairness the inexplicable desire to commit what amounts to genocide against the synths is a completely insane motive, if I could displace Maxson and do things right, I would, but 'thesda cut that content.

But by far the most selfish and mindless idiots in all of this are the Railroad.  They have a simulation engine with eighty (80) percent accurate predictions of future events.  They use it to rescue toasters.  Who they are liberating because they are individuals who have a right to freedom.  But who they almost invariably mindwipe and implant false memories into (yes, I know it's voluntary, no I don't care.  Why save someone only to erase them?).

Only the Minutemen are really particularly good for anyone other than themselves, but they suck without your 'leadership'.

Sorry if any of that still counts as spoilers.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: February 11, 2016, 08:20:21 pm »

I think the Railroad are... Okayish. They need refinement. They're insane-Pretty much terrorists who are not using the technology in the way they should be. Not that the Brotherhood would, most likely. They'd probably just sit there and hump it.

But the Railroad does have a noble goal. At least they've got that. The Institute has... Well, it's headed by someone most people won't really want to kill, I suspect, but I think I will.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: February 11, 2016, 08:23:07 pm »

That's what they're doing currently. Their Master Super Ultimate Plangoal is to restore science. I guess they're just... doing it wrong? Also, what's all this about genocide??

Maxson sucks.

Counterpoint: Why save someone and leave them with memories of imprisonment, forced labor, and what amounts to racism, while simultanously thrusting them into an entirely new world that would just as easily rob them blind as slaughter them without a second thought?

That's because Preston isn't a leader, as he says. He needs someone who can do that, i.e. the "I Do Everything for Everyone" guy, the Sole Survivor. Without someone to take charge he just wants to keep his four friends alive. For once.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 462