Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 804451 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #6225 on: July 11, 2016, 06:22:01 pm »

So what is life like post Creation Kit? I saw some news on the Nexus while getting mods for a different game and saw a lot of hullabaloo about Bethesda's own mod site? (And how it's totally unregulated etc...)

Anyways, have any erf-shattering mods come out since then?

Also, RE: Centaurs?

That's a goddamn Chaos Spawn.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 06:24:44 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: July 12, 2016, 12:33:57 am »

It's pretty stable for me and very rarely crashes, even though I use quite a few mods.

Maybe its your drivers?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6227 on: July 12, 2016, 04:56:54 am »

Played for 4-5 hours this week so far without any crashing or issues. No mods though.

ParsleyPWG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Poking Water Games
« Reply #6228 on: July 13, 2016, 09:22:03 am »

I find the twitchy, unpredictable movement of the ghouls creepy. Crawling out from under benches or through windows and hurling themselves at you from the darkness is a nice change to them. Other than that Fallout isn't too spooky to me. Turning a corner in Boston and coming across a Deathclaw is an " eyes wide, scramble for my exploding shotgun" dealy.

I feel like with the ghouls if you don't shoot them in vats before they start moving, it's quite hard to hit them while they're running at you and unpredictable. Makes my heart race when I suddenly see one I missed get up and start charging

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: July 13, 2016, 09:35:00 am »

I just discovered what was causing my fallout 4 issue, I've been using a gtx 820m, I thought it was a 950m for some reason.
Compare to that newer laptops don't seem so bad and I might settle for a 970m.
Or I could use thunderbolt and a 1080 but that kind of seems like overkill now.
Or maybe a stick of ram and a cooling pad would help. Probably would save $2k.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: July 13, 2016, 09:50:11 am »

You know if you amputate a limb you can still kill something by shooting it more.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6231 on: July 13, 2016, 11:25:32 am »

You know if you amputate a limb you can still kill something by shooting it more.
I know, I do finish them off, but it means I don't have to drop their health to 0 to make them unable to do any damage. It's especially useful when dealing with a swarm of the buggers.
I think he means you can shoot the severed limb to damage them even after it's been detached

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: July 13, 2016, 01:22:24 pm »

Legless ghouls have to crawl, I.e. lose all useful mobility.
Black lives matter.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: July 13, 2016, 02:09:37 pm »

Oh, huh. Useful.
Black lives matter.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: July 13, 2016, 02:49:35 pm »

Fun fact, assaultrons do.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: July 13, 2016, 02:53:33 pm »

Fun fact, assaultrons do.
Assaultrons are pretty much Fallout terminators though, so it makes sense.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: July 13, 2016, 03:00:51 pm »

Yeah the "build a bot" DLC makes defending bases pretty breezy.
It's actually annoying 'cos some of the stuff you get last is also unequivocally mid-range.

(Although cool looking. C'mahn bandit base DLC. My Gorgon needs to stretch it's headlaser)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: July 14, 2016, 12:54:11 am »

Also if you disable all the weaponry of a robotic enemy, they will go and blow themselves up. Not a diddy little explosion either, an explosion probably on par with a mininuke. Apparently they'll also attempt to charge you, but the one time I did it the guy only stood there, giving me about 7 seconds to escape.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p-IOO9932Vc
Click basically anywhere in that video and you'll see robots going nuclear.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6238 on: July 14, 2016, 04:00:33 am »

Slightly off topic, but Fallout Shelter has updated with their much-hyped actual bit of gameplay. Dont think its on PC yet though.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: July 14, 2016, 05:08:49 am »

Slightly off topic, but Fallout Shelter has updated with their much-hyped actual bit of gameplay. Dont think its on PC yet though.
You mean it isn't gameplay when I make the little people run around on fire while being chewed on by roaches and deathclaws?
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 462