Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 58

Author Topic: Day Z  (Read 218401 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Day Z - A Zombie mod for Arma 2
« Reply #720 on: August 01, 2012, 10:20:55 am »

The ArmA engine is notorious for being hard to optimize. Sometimes people can run it better on a lower end computer just because of a type of graphics card, sometimes people actually have to turn UP the settings to get it to run better. There are plenty of guides out there if you just search for them.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?73947-ArmaHolic-ArmA-2-Optimization
http://www.10-78.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27601
http://www.moddb.com/forum/thread/arma-2-ultimate-tweak-thread

Those are probably as good as any place to start looking. Google is your friend otherwise.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 01, 2012, 11:11:20 am »

Small necropost, but I have a couple of questions. I have a crappy dell laptop with a nondescript 2 core processor and a 128mb laptop gpu with 2gig of ram, and the game runs lag free for me at 640x480 interface and 3d with settings on high and anything disable-able disabled. My friend has better computer than mine, quad core AMD phenom and a 512mb graphics card and 4gig of ram, and he can only run the game lag free at 640x480 interface and 3d at 320x240 with all settings verylow/low and disabled. A side effect is extreme blurriness, and the game seeming almost nighttime despite the fact that it is full daytime. Is there anything I can do? I had him add -maxmem=2048 and later -maxmem=4096, and I also had him add -vram=128 -cpucount=4 (later 2) -exthreads=7 and no effect. Help?

maxmen is hardcoded to 2047 and there is no vram paramenter

but there is a maxVRAM , he could try using another Memory Allocator.
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Custom_Memory_Allocator
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 01, 2012, 11:14:30 am »

Just out curiosity is there's some kind of application to determine the "optimal" setting for my PC. I've really only heard only a whole bunch of speculation at this point over what I can run and what I cannot in ARMA.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 01, 2012, 12:44:15 pm »

In my experience, you can preatty much run arma2 on High settings on a "Medium-end" PC, just dont go ridiculous on view range and you should be good.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 04, 2012, 10:05:10 pm »

Well, due to some weird stuff, every server I join has been saying I have a invalid CD key for the past 2 days. Therefore, I hosted my own server on a private hive. If anyone is interested in joining me, just let me know and I will post the IP. Otherwise.... eh, anyone know how to fix this invalid cd key thing? I've reinstalled and patched twice and no luck.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 04, 2012, 10:27:02 pm »

Well, due to some weird stuff, every server I join has been saying I have a invalid CD key for the past 2 days. Therefore, I hosted my own server on a private hive. If anyone is interested in joining me, just let me know and I will post the IP. Otherwise.... eh, anyone know how to fix this invalid cd key thing? I've reinstalled and patched twice and no luck.

Can you join un-modded servers? If not; I'd get in contact with BI/Steam customer support.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 04, 2012, 10:43:42 pm »

Can you join un-modded servers? If not; I'd get in contact with BI/Steam customer support.

I can join un-modded servers, but not any DayZ servers.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Tronak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 07, 2012, 07:58:13 am »

Seems Standalone Dayz its finally announced (as the mods reaches the million players so they say  :P).

Linky: http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

Shall a new thread be made for this?, it is standalone, but the Mod version is going to be updated aswell.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 07, 2012, 08:00:42 am »

So is it's standalone being published by Bohemian Interactive? Am I the only one who thinks this is the best possible result? 
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 08:05:45 am by Catastrophic lolcats »

Tronak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 07, 2012, 08:06:28 am »

So is it's standalone being published by Bohemian Interactive? Am I the only one who thinks this is the best possibly result?

I think the same, things stay at home, so Dayz and the rest of BI titles can share assets and code, its not an "license engine and GTFO" deal like it happened with IF. So RV gets stronger.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 07, 2012, 08:08:37 am »

Guys whats happening? I'm throwing money at my screen and nothing is happening?!

Will people playing the standalone version play on the same servers as the mod version?

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 07, 2012, 08:14:44 am »

Guys whats happening? I'm throwing money at my screen and nothing is happening?!

Will people playing the standalone version play on the same servers as the mod version?

I can't imagine that being the case.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 07, 2012, 10:37:34 am »

Hmm. Should I change the title now or wait until it comes out? I'll just change the name to "DayZ" for now to encompass the mod and the game.

Quote from: Rocket
This is the fairy-tale outcome for a mod that many would have said impossible four months ago.
I don't see why he's acting like this is a surprise, It's not the first time an Arma mod got turned into a full game.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
Re: Day Z
« Reply #733 on: August 07, 2012, 01:06:24 pm »

Because Rocket knows how to play the gaming media like a fiddle. Or is just a huge drama queen? I can't honestly decide.

cameron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Day Z
« Reply #734 on: August 07, 2012, 07:06:09 pm »

or maybe he just didn't expect it to grow much bigger than any of the other arma2 zombie mods
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 58