Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Godslayer (Chapter II: Secrets) (TSG)  (Read 9470 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Godslayer (Turn I: Goon Fishing!)
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 08:26:01 am »

Ask if it specifically has to be humanoid flesh, or if random wildlife will suffice. Also, ask if goblins or the like would be likely to work. If he says yes, let's get Malachi and have him inquire about goblins.

"Most mermaids prefer human flesh, though they are content with large corpses of deer, cattle and such. Syra, though, prefers magical beings. I heard that magic flesh increases potency for a while, but it isn't permanent. And she prefers them live. Goblins would work, but you would need one that can at least cast one spell. There are goblins in Sorrow's Peak, up higher near the summit. A whole tribe of them; there's bound to be one goblin witch."

Malachi enters the tent with a basket. He sets it down near the beds, and when it is opened it reveals steaming hot bread, with potatoes packed neatly at the side. On Malachi's back is a large clay jug, and he pours it into two stone cups. After he serves Kaphio and Keph, you ask him to meet you outside. You tell him to go ask about the goblins from the villagers.

"But Sjek, I know a lot about goblins already. I've been taught about many creatures in Queen Maliss' great libraries. Goblins stand about 4'2 at their highest, and the largest one was 5'8, but some thought of him as a very short orc. They are cowardly alone, but put up a good fight in numbers. They fight with tooth and claw, but occasionally some are smart enough to use sharpened wood spears or rocks. Especially smart goblins have been known to make use of elvish armor and crossbows.

Goblins are poor magic users. They can use magic, but it leaves a bad taste in their mouths. They aren't very potent either; their witch goblins generally bite and scratch like any other goblin. If you're thinking about using them as bait for Syra, I bet it might work. Syra hasn't been fed for a while; Ragni fed her every once a month, and I heard that he used up most of his cattle that he feeds her on some banquet for a captain. She'd probably take a weak magic goblin than dead cattle.

I'd advise you to be careful; you may not be hurt by dragonsbane, but they render your spells impotent, and they don't allow you to fly and take away your scale's enchantment. She's probably still weakened from not eating but, I say it's still dangerous. The goblins will be easier though. Where did Kaphion say they were again?"

I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 08:30:06 am »

Tell Malachi the location. Assuming he doesn't inform us it's extremely dangerous or far away, buy a bit of rope and head off.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 08:37:30 am »

Syra, though, prefers magical beings. I heard that magic flesh increases potency for a while, but it isn't permanent. And she prefers them live.
Well, we're a half-dragon demigod, so I can only imagine the amount of drool she'll produce at the thought of eating us. We may have to fight this one.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 10:13:31 am »

Syra, though, prefers magical beings. I heard that magic flesh increases potency for a while, but it isn't permanent. And she prefers them live.
Well, we're a half-dragon demigod, so I can only imagine the amount of drool she'll produce at the thought of eating us. We may have to fight this one.

Not if we bring her a bound witch that she doesn't have to fight. No predator wants to get hurt by its prey. Also if we offer her the chance to eventually eat our father, that will get her drooling big time. We should invest in some candles after we deal with the goblins though, just in case she does turn out to be unreasonable.

Tell Malachi the location. Assuming he doesn't inform us it's extremely dangerous or far away, buy a bit of rope and head off.

Also ask around the Inn to see if any locals are brave enough to go goblin hunting with us.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 07:59:59 pm »

Turn I: Goblin Hunting

You ponder on Malachi's words, then you tell him of the presumed location of the goblin's hideout. He thinks about it, then he says to you.

"You could possibly do it, but I heavily advise you to bring some extra help. I'll go on to the inn to see if anyone is willing to help you."

You bid him on his way, and also ask him to buy some rope. After a while he returns with six men. Two look young, younger than Malachi. They look like twins, with strawberry blonde hair. They are wearing matching red vests, and tight fitting brown pants with patches sewn in. One is carrying a large square wooden shield with a platform cut in, and the other is holding a specialized crossbow that seems to fit in the platform. The one next to them is the strong man from before. He's wearing a sleeveless shirt, and he has a large ax on his back. Next to the strong man is an old man with an eyepatch, wielding two long swords, his old white hair tied in a ponytail. The next man is wearing a long robe, and on his belt are vials with strange bubbling colors of green and yellow hanging. The last one isn't a man; he's a halfling! He is wielding a dagger, and his face is covered in scars and a grin.

"As Fate would have it, I found these six brave men willing to help! The two twins here are Finn and Javos, the sons of the towns captain of the guard."

"Hey! I'm Finn!" says the one with the shield.
"And I'm Javos!" says the one with the large crossbow.

"Their father wished for them to repay you for ridding them of Ragni. The strong man here is Hursk. I believe you've met before. He knows his way around the mountain well."

"I had to chop the wood that grows on this mountain, since those damned elves protect the trees below. Anyways, Hursk. And I'll be glad to help you rid this village of those goblins!"

"The next man is Kavvu. He's also a traveler. I found him as he just entered the town. He's been looking for work ever since his village was destroyed along with Maglos. When I told him about your story of your father and the city, he was more than willing to help you."

"Hello."

"This fellow with the potions is an alchemist. He's called Brus, and he came along with this halfling. Warhe, right?"

"Yes. This fat fool works for me, and as long as I'm working for you, he does too."

"Now that the pleasantries are done, I say we get going! I've got the rope here Sjek, but I'm afraid it isn't that strong. I've explained the entire situation to these men, so we're ready."

You take the rope and tie it around your belt. You give the signal and motion for your party to start climbing the mountain. Hursk leads at the front, talking about fun facts of his time with his father in the forest. You get up there in no time, and while you were climbing you find a corpse of what you think is a traveler. It looks fresh. On him is a large, beautifully forged longsword, which you take and replace your shoddy old one. He also has on him a large pouch of gold, and fortunately a good piece of rope!

You soon make it up to the summit, and you all hide in some sparse bushes as you here the goblins barking and howling. You can't really see them clearly, but you can tell that there around ten of them. You ask around if anyone can guess which is the witch goblin, and Kavvu says that it must be the large one. You look very closely, and with your enchanted eyes you see a faint aura. You prepare to jump out and attack.

You spread your wings and soar into the sky! You land right in the center of the goblins, sending most of them flying and the rest shocked and stunned. They are confused and run around. Finn and Javos get in position; Finn kneels down and raises the large shield, completely blocking both Finn and Javos. Javos places his crossbow right into the platform and fires a bolt into a goblin! The bolt strikes the goblin in the leg, and he falls flat on the floor in pain.

Hursk charges in with his ax, swinging wildly. He barely misses his target, and falls on the floor. The goblin retaliates and bites Hursk in the shoulder. Hursk screams as the goblins sharp gnarled teeth sinks into his muscular shoulders. He tries to shake him off and punches the goblin, and the goblin stumbles backwards in pain.

Kavvu elegantly runs in, unsheathing both his blades, stabbing and slicing the goblins. He stabs on in the arm, and as the goblin jumps to attack, Kavvu sidesteps to the right at just the right moment, and the goblin falls flat on the floor. Kavvu again swings his twin blades as he spins around, and one blade is caught in the waist of a goblin, as the second sword slices into the other side, and with a grunt he pushes both blades inwards and the goblin's entire torso is separated from his legs. Both halfs fall to the ground with a thud.

Brus is anxious, his face scrounged up and covered in sweat. He pulls out a green vial and throws it across the small summit. The vial smashes right into a goblin, and the goblin falls flat as the vial of scalding burns his skin. Warhe quickly moves in to finish the burning goblin, but the goblin jumps and tackles Warhe to the floor, then the enraged goblin slashes and claws the poor halfling, cutting him deeply.

Malachi tries to help Warhe with the goblin, preparing his dagger for the strike. He jumps to attack the goblin, but the goblin jumps away at the last second, and Malachi lands flat on Warhe. The goblin, though, finally succumbs to the scalding liquid. He falls to the floor screaming, his skin liquid and bubbling.

You turn and face the witch goblin. She grins from ear to ear, revealing multiple rows of gnarled teeth. She howls, and around ten more goblins climb down from the large rocks or crawl up from the soil. She vomits bile at you, it is black and glows with malice. You duck just at the right second, but the goblins all descend on you. They overpower you, and you are brought to your knees. You try to break free, and you spread your large wings, shoving away the goblins on your back.

The witch looks at you with her toothy grin, and the goblins in the back laugh wildly and bark. What do you do now?

Party:

Spoiler: Sjek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malachi (click to show/hide)

Quests:

Goon, baby, goon [Started] [Find the dragonsbane and bring it to Kaphio.] [Bonus: Kill Syra]

Spoiler: GM's note (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 08:10:43 pm »

"Brus! Anything that can paralyze, at the witch!"
Dragonscale, Take Flight, carpet bomb the non-witches with fireballs, then land, and try to kill/subdue the rest of the goblins. Once everything is dead or subdued, tie up the witch and go back to town.

((I don't think posting the rolls is necessary.))

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 08:16:50 pm »

Cast empower on Kavvu.
Instruct Kavvu to deal with the regular goblins around you.
Wrestle the witch into submission.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2013, 02:09:55 am »

Turn I: The Drowning of Syra

You struggle to shake the goblins off, and eventually you break free. You turn and command Brus to throw something that can paralyze at the witch. He looks around his bottles, and all he finds is an illusion bottle. He throws it anyway, and it hits spot on! The witch falls and shakes violently on the floor. In her mind she's just been burnt alive, but in reality she's perfectly fine.

The goblins retreat as their leader twitches on the floor. You spread your wings and leap into the sky, and the air around you smells of ash and smoke as your mouth bellows balls of fire at the goblins. Many goblins are caught by the flames, and they fall on the ground, laughing as their bodies burn. The goblins that dodge the fire are struck down by the bolts of Finn and Javos. Soon the battle ends, the area flickering with little bits of fire on the dead wood and brush. Goblin corpses litter the summit, filling the air with a burnt, dead stench.

The witch lies on the floor, still screaming. You quickly grab her and tie the rope around her, tightening it. She puts up a struggle, and bites your arm, but her teeth don't harm your scales. When she is subdued, Hursk picks her up and carries her by his shoulder. Wiping soot and ash off your clothes, you begin your descent down.

The potion has worn off, and the witch regains consciousness. She tries to escape, biting Hursk in the shoulder. Hursk lets her go as he falls to his knees. The witch tries to run away, but falls and lands face first and rolls down the hill. Malachi helps Hursk up, and you all chase after the witch. She lands in water, her scream muffled by a splash. When you arrive, you see the pool stained red. An arm lies strewn at the bank, and pieces of rope float in the water.

As you go closer, you trip and fall flat on your face. The tail that tripped you wraps around your legs, and you can feel the slimy ooze dripping down your shin. You burrow your fingers into the soil, but the tail continues to drag you in. You let go and unsheathe your blade, and you swing the sword down to the tail, but its scales shrug it off. The air smells of fire again, and you open your mouth as flames appear. The tail finally lets go, but you still roll into the water. You are completely submerged, and when you open your eyes you see a gigantic woman, with tentacles for legs. Her hands are clawed, and her face has an eerie beauty to it.

You shake off the enchantment, and the mermaid grabs you again with her tentacles! You swing your sword again, and you slice one off. The mermaid is visibly hurt, and the tentacles tighten their grip on you. You need to breath soon. Suddenly you here a smash, and the water turns green. A sharp stinging sensation washes over you! The mermaid writhes in pain and lets you go! You quickly swim and you crawl up from the bank, your clothes melting away and your body smoking.

"I'm sorry. I had to do that. I poured an acid bottle into the lake to help you. Don't worry, the lake will turn back into water eventually." says Brus.

You shake the excess acid off, and you grimace as you feel more pain in your shin. The tentacles of that mermaid must be barbed! You shrug it off, and you and your party prepare themselves. The mermaid bursts out of the water, screaming, her face half melted. She lashes out with her tentacles, trying to smash Kavvu, but he sidesteps to the right just in time. She looks at you, and belches a foul cloud of green and yellow. It smells horrible! You fall to your knees as the stench overwhelms you, and a stinging pain surrounds you again!

Javos fires another bolt at the mermaid, and the bolt burrows straight into the sea-witches forehead. She is knocked back, but she regains herself almost immediately and pulls out the bolt. You get up now that the stench is gone, and you fly and charge right into the mermaid. You turn around and around, like a flying arrow, increasing speed continuously. You can barely be seen at your speed, and a gust of wind flies behind you. You ram into the mermaid, and you slam straight through her chest! Blood splatters everywhere! The mermaid falls backwards, and as she lands, a burst of flame shoots upwards from the mermaids chest, blowing her torso apart.

You clamber out, your body bruised, burnt, and exhausted. You pass out. When you wake up, you are in a wooden hut. You turn right, and you see Keph, her scars healed but still asleep. When you sit up, you are greeted by Malachi and Kaphio. They are smiling, and Kaphio's arm is fully healed. You try to get up, but you instinctively sit back down as the pain in your leg stings.

"Careful Sjek. That mermaid's venom is still in your system. You'll need to rest for a while longer."

"Hey. Thank you so much for saving my sister. It means a lot to us. And I heard what you did to Syra. The whole town thinks even greater of you now. Warhe and Brus are leaving; right now they're packing up in the inn right now. Hursk is being treated by his wife at home, and the twins are celebrating in the barracks. Kavvu left a while ago, but he wanted to tell you to "kill the dragon". Strange. Aren't you a dragon?

Anyways, thanks again. You're our new town hero now! Oh, and Mali really wants to meet you now, says she's going to repay you for your heroics. The lakes back to normal, but it tastes kinda off.[ If you need anything, just ask."/color]

Party:

Quests:

Goon, baby, goon [Finished!] [Find the dragonsbane and bring it to Kaphio.] [Bonus: Kill Syra (Done!)] [Find Mali for reward]

Cell-ing Out [Not Started] [Talk to Mali]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 02:15:15 am by Cheesecake »
Dying of laughter?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2013, 02:23:14 am »

((Kill the dragon? Great. Now our cohorts want us to commit suicide.))
Ask if they managed to get the dragonsbane alright, and rest some more. Once we can walk about, find Mali and ask her about the cellar.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2013, 02:28:42 am »

Ask if they managed to get the dragonsbane alright, and rest some more. Once we can walk about, find Mali and ask her about the cellar.
No no, patricide.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2013, 02:40:53 am »

No no, patricide.
I wasn't suggesting we got the dragonsbane for ourselves; Rather, just making sure that it didn't get dissolved in the acid or something.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2013, 02:57:04 am »

No no, patricide.
I wasn't suggesting we got the dragonsbane for ourselves; Rather, just making sure that it didn't get dissolved in the acid or something.
... I meant that the dragon is our father, not us. Patricide, not suicide. And obviously they got it ok, we saw the girl was healed.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 03:19:54 am »

No no, patricide.
... I meant that the dragon is our father, not us. Patricide, not suicide. And obviously they got it ok, we saw the girl was healed.
Oh. I misread that  :P

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Godslayer (Turn I: Cellar)
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2013, 04:42:32 am »

Turn I: Cellar

You ask if they got the dragonsbane from the lake. Kaphio raises an eyebrow, then points to Keph.

"Yup. Oh, and I've got some left over. I gave it to Malachi, and that guy's a genius! He's growing more, he just shoved it in a jar of...water? I think. Anyways, he's in the inn seeing what he can do with the stuff, told me not to interrupt him. So, you want me to bring you to Mali?"

Kaphio brings you to Mali's new house, perched on the edge. The view is beautiful; it's facing the other side of the mountain, with the elf forest at the back. The view is of a beautiful beach with white sand. Palm and coconut trees strewn across the shore. You both take a while to take it all in, until you are interrupted by a woman's voice.

"Hello, boys! Oh, Kaphio, how's your sister doing? Please, please come inside! The children are playing in the yard, I'll go get them!" 

You are led into the beautiful wooden lodge, supported by stone pillars with a wooden platform. In front of the house is a beautiful garden surrounded by a cobblestone fence, with flowers of all colors and enchanting smells. There is a large beautiful oak tree, with bottles hanging on the branches. There are two children playing in the grass chasing each other.

The boy has strange yet majestic white hair, his hair around the dome trimmed but a long ponytail with vines woven into it. He's wearing beautiful vestments, and a makeshift cape which appears to be a blanket tied around his neck. He's holding a dull, yet intricately carved wood sword, and a small pretend buckler.

The girl has long blonde hair and fair, pale skin. She has a beautiful short skirt, and has a brooch around her chest. It is small, golden, with various runic inscriptions carved into it. She's also wielding the same kind of sword and buckler, and she runs around shouting pretend spells. Curiously those are actual spells, but her pronunciation is off.

"Children! Come meet Sjek!"

"Yay!" they scream. You find it strange how they can be that happy at their father's death, even though he wasn't much of a father.

You ask this to Mali, which she merely replies, "Oh, that fat bastard isn't really their father. We're from the forest below. I'm half elf." she smiles and winks. "They're quarter elf. When Ragni wanted to marry me, I convinced him to allow me to take my children with me. Their real father was a sorcerer from the Blasted Lands. I have no idea where he is now.

Anyways, kids, this is Sjek. And you remember your old friend Kaphio? Sjek, these are my kids. This fine lad is Ragos. He wants to be like his adoptive ancestor, Ragnov. And this beautiful lady is Rali. She's got a knack for luck, and she's wanting to be like her real father. Whoops, I just mean father. Please, let's all go in, and I'll have my servants prepare supper."

You enter the beautiful lodge. It seems a lot roomier inside. There are beautiful paintings hanging on the oak wall, depicting old elf tales and some North legends. On the floor are pelts of bears and mountain lions. Mali leads you to the open balcony. The view is breathtaking, and the beautiful breeze compliments the warm sunshine. You all sit around a table, and servants put plates and cups on the table and fill them with drink and food.

After the delicious dinner, Mali asks the kids to finish their studies, and an elderly servant takes them both to a room. You then inquire about the reward that she wanted to give you, and about what was in the cellar.

"Of course! I've already gave some gold to your servant I met in the marketplace. You can have whatever you wish from my husband's old armory, plus the gold from his vault. We won't need it. In a year Ragos will be providing for our family. My old elven friends are supporting us before that.

The cellar? Who told you about that? Nevermind. You can have whatever you want in there. i'm never going there, and most of the villagers aren't either. Got the creeps from that place, though I hear that's where Ragnov II hid most of his treasure when he was a raider. Ragni frequently went in and out. I hear there's much more levels of the cellar, and that it goes all the way to the bottom of the mountain. I doubt Ragni ever went below the first few levels though.

Hey! I know, I'll let you keep as much as you want from that place, if you go inside and see if there's anything about that place. If it's safe, the villagers might probably use it as a place for new homes or something, so you'd be helping us out even more. So, what do you say?"

Party:

Quests:

Cell-ing Out [Started!] [Explore Ragnov II's cellar]

Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)
Dying of laughter?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Godslayer (Turn I: Cellar)
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2013, 05:33:46 am »

That... was a lot of uses of "beautiful." You might want to cut back on that.
Anyways, we may as well agree. Also, ask her about the "spells" her girl is using. Is the pronunciation difference on purpose as a way to stop her blowing up the house and turning into a Magical Girl, the result of... different Elf methods of magic, or just due to lack of a teacher?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5