Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Intelligent Creatures  (Read 5037 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Intelligent Creatures
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2016, 05:48:32 pm »

Historical figures have a lot to do with labors, and even more to do with militar.y

meltorefas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 01:03:54 am »

Ahh, I see. So I guess it might be as simple as them not having historical figure IDs? (As expected, buying them from merchants results in an ID of -1 as well.)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 03:21:05 am »

Ahh, I see. So I guess it might be as simple as them not having historical figure IDs? (As expected, buying them from merchants results in an ID of -1 as well.)

This could be fixed with a script that creates an historical figure for them on a regular basis, I'll see what I can do.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 06:41:36 am »

This could be fixed with a script that creates an historical figure for them on a regular basis, I'll see what I can do.
create-unit does that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2016, 07:42:52 am »

create-unit does that.

Yes, so you could scan for units in your fort, select the intelligent creatures without historical figure and use create-unit to generate one. I will try to have one for the next update.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2016, 07:21:25 am »

Yes, so you could scan for units in your fort, select the intelligent creatures without historical figure and use create-unit to generate one. I will try to have one for the next update.

Done : https://github.com/Devduweb/DF-succubus/blob/master/succubus-prod/raw/scripts/fix/smartpets.lua

Checks every 3 days for living and sane creatures who belong to your civ, thanks to create-unit.

It currently "fix" animal pets too, giving historical figures to dogs has no bad effects but it would be slightly better for fps to avoid that. I just need to find an easy way to check if a creature is intelligent.

meltorefas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2016, 06:52:41 am »

Finally came back and checked this out, SUPER excited to try this script! :D Thanks so much for making a fix! Now the ridiculous numbers of Frog Demons driving my fortress population up and drinking my alcohol can actually CONTRIBUTE.

Edit: Turns out I have no idea what to do with this to make it run for an existing fort.
Edit2: Nevermind, just downloaded 1.09, looked at how it was done there, and copied that. Works great, thanks again!

Edit3: So, it looks like Decay Brutes and some of the HFS types cannot be assigned to the military still, though they can now be assigned labors. I note that both the brutes and these HFS do not have names and have very limited 'thoughts'. So I am assuming they aren't completely intelligent, or something. Would it be possible to change how they are treated to either allow them as squad members or to treat them as animals (like in pre-reborn) so they can be war trained and assigned as labor animals to my soldiers? (Not sure if this should be a suggestion or if it is still a bug of some sort.)

Edit4: Sorry for all the edits, keep seeing stuff I hadn't noticed. It looks like Frog Demons get negative thoughts about not having clothes, but do not come with/never equip them.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 08:02:37 am by meltorefas »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2016, 08:04:02 am »

There was a report about intelligent murmaks in orc mode dropping their trading gear; and because of their buildingdestroyer-flag they started razing workshops, just like visiting titans/werebeasts in taverns. Guess the script does require some refinement.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

meltorefas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2016, 08:10:23 am »

Yeah, makes sense. Honestly I am just really happy to have civs with multiple intelligent citizen types, which is something I always really wanted to see. :) Looking forward to seeing how this developes as time goes on!

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2016, 03:38:34 am »

Decay brutes and some of the HFS are intelligent enough to perform labor, but not smart enough to join the military. In DF (and real life), military requires more brain power than labor.

I can keep it that way, or limit to fully intelligent creature, your choice.

I'll check the murmaks. The script is a bit rough right now and I need all the edge cases we find. I'll prevent it from working on traders.
Pages: 1 [2]