Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Ingrown toenail and missing portion of nail Issues  (Read 2360 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Ingrown toenail and missing portion of nail Issues
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2024, 05:52:09 pm »

You continue to be very helpful. Thank you.

This thing got infected, but the good news is my GP prescribed me oral antibiotics and it seems to have cleared up.
I have no idea how that happened. I have been soaking it every day, using antibiotic cream, and I haven't worn shoes since the operation/procedure.
I mean I also keep it covered with a bandage too, so I don't get how it happened. At least it seems better now.
It does not throb anymore on antibiotics and Tylenol but it used to do that all the time.

Tomorrow is a follow up with the podiatrist. Hoping for good results and I mean it still has a scab on it and no more infection that I can see. So that's good.

As I said, not giving it time to air out daily can lead to an infection. Unsure how much of that you did. And there's levels of infection. I mean.....I basically took the entire surface of the last digit of my right middle finger in an accident. (Pinched in a fork lift.) That thing took months to heal and it looked SO incredibly fugly I would have thought it was infected. And yet it wasn't and I didn't take antibiotics. Feet are just gross, I guess, and nearest to everything that can introduce bacteria. Consider that your carpets are loaded with foreign particles. Anyways, glad to hear it's not super infected and that you got stuff for it.

Thank you. Yeah the swelling was just nuts whenever I wasn't on antibiotics. Weird thing was sometimes it helped to elevate it and sometimes it didn't. I mean it helped at first to elevate it but then if I kept it up there elevated for a while it started to hurt again. Then, weirdly, it just sorta started feeling better once I put it back down after elevating the foot for a long time. I'm not brilliant but I don't get that one.

That's just blood pressure at play. Elevated and most of the blood has run out of it? Contraction. Pulls on the wound. Pain. Not elevated? Loaded with blood due to gravity, it swells pushing out on the wound. Pain.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 2 [3]