Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 965019 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #5910 on: February 06, 2014, 05:23:33 am »

Once the attack is fired, it is no longer magic, it isn't magical in itself, only the generation and containment of it is magical. If anything, the shield actually wouldn't affect it at all
By that logic, most forms of magic would not be affected by the field. Hell, the bomber from my event would be able to nuke the entire house in a single turn by that logic. At least quite a fair bit of the cast has magic that wouldn't be affected.

For example:
Kyle's air persona/magic wouldn't be affected due to everything else carried out by the imparted kinetic energy.
Nuriel's fire wouldn't be affected due to the heat and reaction already occurring.
Sen's spells would already generate enough heat/electrical difference/whatever.
Marie's nuclear reactions would produce heat, electromagnetic radiation and a shockwave that aren't magically sustained.
Gintama's magic wouldn't be affected as the electric difference isn't necessarily produced within the field.
Catherine's ice shots would continue on due to their momentum.
Tobias's shadows could circumvent it by flinging objects.
Grandiose could circumvent it by creating some sort of ranged weapon.
Ra could burn it with photons from the Sun.
Tabella and Selina's constructs could use magic effects to similar ends.
Stella's dragonfire would still be hot and the chemical reactions would still be there.
All Creation magic would still be able to be fired through as long as the matter creation takes place outside the field.

A blast of matter-manipulating power very much is magic. Otherwise, it wouldn't be able to sustain itself. Because there generally isn't anything that spontaneously turns all mass into energy short of a blast of antimatter which I'm pretty sure is not an aspect of entropy. Also, it doesn't disable containment mechanisms, otherwise the moment Cyrielle used her magic in the house, it would be consumed by a false vacuum metastability event expanding at c fraction speeds as Creation's attempts to block it would fail.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 05:26:23 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: February 06, 2014, 05:30:05 am »

no point in scrapping it, though I do wonder why none of the angels bothered blasting whomever sealed Shis'm Caes to smitherens. I mean, Shis'm being sealed is a huge risk for creation, should something come along that would require Shis'm intervention (which is also good, because it makes many plots possible in the first place (at least the ones I have in planning).

so please do go on, Angels wrecking shit *is* okay (as long as the rules dont change mid-fight to suit them :P ). By now, I think everybody hates the angels so much, if you scrap the plot now, we will never have a chance of revenge. Next time, we will have prepared for them, and *maybe* will manage to get some coordination going, and then we will tear those fuckers limb for limb.

so just bring the fight to a conclusion, and the next time we face the angels, have the rules ready, visible for everyone, and binding. When someone calls out an attack with mechanics that have not been fitted to the combat rules yet, just ask the player over PM *before resolving the action* and discuss how what works.

Then simply take your time with the turn post (and don't forget so many things :( ), and it'll be much smoother. I think the main problem is that there is just *so* much going on at once, it's hard to keep track off.

I was very angry yesterday because you seemed to insist on making Hainuwele entire useless almost on purpose, so I might have been more strict with you than I should have been, I apologize.

just make up for it by at least giving us a chance for revenge.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: February 06, 2014, 05:30:26 am »

I understand that the lore dictates that it should work, but if it did, the characters would have been informed about it already by the party members well versed in such matters, otherwise, suddenly revealing lore that characters who should have logically known about would amount to a reverse Deus ex Machina. Furthermore, Alexander isn't even using this universe's anti-magic so that lore may not even apply to him.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: February 06, 2014, 05:32:26 am »

As for the "it's still a curse" thing, that is something you have to argue to @Elf; as always, though you have written the majority of the lore, the GM's decisions are absolute and none are above their rulings.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: February 06, 2014, 05:34:35 am »

I dare say Shis'm can give us pretty much the entirety of the relevant lore once combat is over, alongside maybe a few pointers on how do deal with the angels (given that shis'm actually wants them dealt with?)

if anyone can tell us how to deal with those fuckers, it's shis'm, else maybe Sen, Nuriel or some other demon may provide us with information on proper counter-measures against angels. this time we lost, but next time we will be prepared, blah blah, limb from limb

I for one will certainly put some research into getting some sort of enchant on my needle so that I can properly fuck with angels just like I can fuck with humans. Wasn't an enchant that neutralises resistances already mentioned, before the mention of weaponized ebola injections overshadowed it?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 05:37:12 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: February 06, 2014, 05:40:08 am »

@Ragnarok, you really need to discuss these matters with @Elf. At the end of the day, the GM has absolute control and currently your proclamations are in direct violation of GM rulings. I'd rather some greater transparency in these discussions seeing as the specifics of antimagic and magic type definitions have no need to be confidential.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: February 06, 2014, 05:41:06 am »

Grandiose is not a Boss-tier character. He was made to fight Selina and a few others. I made his abilities as such because I planned on using him in a few plots after his introduction when my turn for plots came up. Granted those will still have to wait due to me having a different plot I'm running when its my turn currently to introduce my next to last two characters.

Also, if your going to put us in a losing fight. Tell us that in OOC first so that we can put up a good fight and still lose. That is just common courtesy and good DMing. Also, inform us of the needed characters before hand. Communications is import especially since some of us don't get on Skype that often or not at all.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: February 06, 2014, 05:42:43 am »

people should use the IRC more

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: February 06, 2014, 05:52:53 am »

Actually, they should be using IRC and Skype LESS for these matters. Otherwise, players who aren't on at the time won't have access to necessary information.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: February 06, 2014, 05:57:34 am »

Agreed.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: February 06, 2014, 06:35:18 am »

on another note, secondary character is entering the planning stage

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 06:42:19 am by Akroma »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: February 06, 2014, 06:40:47 am »

I can't view the image due to a 403 error.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: February 06, 2014, 06:42:28 am »

should work now

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: February 06, 2014, 06:56:36 am »

I would keep her from Yomiko for fear of disassembly and reassembly. But otherwise that should be an interesting Character.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: February 06, 2014, 07:30:07 am »

It is vaguely familiar and I have a feeling that Kyle will flirt with it.

Also I think that it would be nice if we had some forewarning of the impossible boss fight. Especially since it happened out of no where and that the angels have an unjustified reason to do so since they probably have rather high mind stats. I'm still going to fight them to the removal from the fight and then bring in Keith but still.
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 1030