Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 222138 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Breaking In [Turn 57]
« Reply #1185 on: October 02, 2010, 03:59:54 pm »

Roar, and cleave through a hunter.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: October 02, 2010, 11:14:07 pm »

YAY except I wanted to change a few things a long time ago but you never updated it. Changing name to Davar and Summoning to Metamagic would be swell.

Anyway:
Use Necromancy to magnify one of the hunter demons' hatred, driving it into an indiscriminate frenzy.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: October 03, 2010, 12:52:10 am »

YAY except I wanted to change a few things a long time ago but you never updated it. Changing name to Davar and Summoning to Metamagic would be swell.

Oh, sorry. I've been sort of disorganized recently... anyway, I'll change it.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: October 03, 2010, 01:51:24 am »

ICE STORRRMMM FOR MASSIVE AOE WIN

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: October 03, 2010, 10:11:42 am »

KILL ALL SONS OF BITCHES WITH MY FORCE BOLTS
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1190 on: October 04, 2010, 08:10:20 am »

Wait. Let me get this straight.
Are you saying that my coincidental dabbling in necromancy actually servered a purpose other than me being a Jack-of-all-trades? The same magic school that will help me with building a powerful golem when paired with earth magic?

Cue manical laughter! *Muhahahahaha!*

Unequip the black metal shard and equip the Gaia Dagger (counts as a free action in combat right?) and bring on the hurt with a well placed Grave Embrace on the assassin. Stone Spirit will copy my Stone-spell and aim for one of the hunters.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Fumble fumble [Turn 58]
« Reply #1191 on: October 04, 2010, 11:36:39 am »

I test out my shiny new Banish spell on one of the hunters.
My skeleton guards me.

Eager to test out your new shiny magic, you aim a Banishment at the nearest demon hunter. (5+1) You unleash a massive burst of energy at the demon, (6) Which starts warping the space immediately surrounding it. (Resist 4-1) Caught by surprise, the hunter is unable to react and gets sent back to Hell. The dimensional warping persists a few more seconds, and then suddenly tears open a rift right where the demon was standing.

+3 to Demonology

...I have no clothes?

Well, gonna have to fix that. :P

Kinda busy to get some right now though.

Taunt a hunter into attacking me instead of anyone else. If he charges stand my ground and attempt to get the first strike on him.

You yell wildly at the hunters, making a variety of funny faces and sneers in an attempt to get their attention. (2) They seem to ignore you for the most part, (Luck 3) though one of them shifts it's attention to you.

+1 to Taunting

Cast shield of faith on myself, and ready my blessed Iron Dagger for a counter-attack.

You pray for protection (6+1) and are bathed in the golden glow of Madantum. (Luck 3-1) You don't feel very protected though... especially after noticing that the demons really seem to hate the golden light, and have now all turned to you.

+1 to Invocations

Roar, and cleave through a hunter.

You roar wildly as battlelust overtakes you, and you charge at one of the hunters. (3+1) You swing your axe wildly, (RTD 5+1) but the agile hunter quickly leaps out of the way.

Anyway:
Use Necromancy to magnify one of the hunter demons' hatred, driving it into an indiscriminate frenzy.
You suddenly get the idea of using necromancy to manipulate the demon's soul so it becomes a being of pure hatred. (4+1) You start forming the soul of the demon, (Luck 3) but notice that the demon is already a maddened killing machine. You're not sure if you managed to accomplish much...

+1 to Necromancy
ICE STORRRMMM FOR MASSIVE AOE WIN

Taking the much, much more direct route of disposing of your demon problem, you try to create an ice storm centered on the leader. (3+1) You send a bolt of cold in the air, which creates a massive swirling ice storm. (Luck 1) You aren't able to exercise enough control over the storm however, and it spreads out over a pretty wide area, decreasing it's effectiveness... and enveloping you and your allies as well.

+2 to Elementalism

KILL ALL SONS OF BITCHES WITH MY FORCE BOLTS
You charge up a blast of force energy, and unleash it at the nearest hunter. (3+3) You send a massive wave of force at one, (RTD 4) which tries to jump out of the way but gets blasted by the bolt nonetheless.

Wait. Let me get this straight.
Are you saying that my coincidental dabbling in necromancy actually servered a purpose other than me being a Jack-of-all-trades? The same magic school that will help me with building a powerful golem when paired with earth magic?

Cue manical laughter! *Muhahahahaha!*

Unequip the black metal shard and equip the Gaia Dagger (counts as a free action in combat right?) and bring on the hurt with a well placed Grave Embrace on the assassin. Stone Spirit will copy my Stone-spell and aim for one of the hunters.
Yes, your necromancy actually helped you, because the dagger was created by necromantic magic.

You go to wield your earthen dagger but suddenly find that you can't let go of the black metal shard. It must be cursed... is everything the demons use cursed? It seems like it.

You shrug and go to impale one of the hunters with earthen spikes. (1+1) You try to grab one of the demons in a Grave Embrace, but all you manage to do is make the earth rumble a bit. (Luck 2) Suddenly the ground beneath your feet gives way and you fall into a pit! (Luck 6) Luckily you don't seem to be injured, but you won't be able to do much down here.

+2 to Elementalism

The demons rush at the group. The leader and one of the hunters pounce on Aarchan, (1+3)(3+3) attacking him with horrible speed. (RTD 4)(RTD 3) Aarchan avoids the leader's attack, but the hunter catches him and rips at him with it's horrible claws. Aarchan suffers a deep gash on his shoulder, followed by a shriek of anger from the demon as the wound partially closes as soon as it is inflicted.

The demon that dodged Dunib's attack decides that he is a bigger threat that Aarchan, and attacks him. (2+2) The demon strikes at him, (RTD 1-1) and Dunib completely fails to make any defensive move. The creature's claws scratch on the bronze plates of his armor, creating a heavy screeching sound before the find one of the less armored joints and sink into his flesh.

The last demon turns on Marcus, attacking him in a frenzy. (6+2) The creature aims directly at Marcus' neck, (RTD 3) which Marcus tries to block. The creature tears up his arms and rips through his leather armor, heavily wounding him.

The open rift expands and starts sucking nearby things into it. (Resist 5)(Resist 5) Both Nirur and his skeleton quickly move away from the rift so as to not get caught in it's pull, and Nirur quickly decides that this is nor supposed to be a normal effect of the banishment spell.

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Davar(IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demon Ambush (click to show/hide)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1192 on: October 04, 2010, 12:17:08 pm »

Quote from: RNG
Luckily you don't seem to be injured, but you won't be able to do much down here.
Oh, if you only knew what I know.

With the new situation at hand I turn it to my advantage by using my knowledge in Earth magic to drill myself into the earthen wall in the direction I belive the demons are. Suprise demons with a new spell called Earthen Jaws, a variant of Grave Embrace.

Also, Stone Spirit heals Marcus.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: October 04, 2010, 12:28:43 pm »

I really, really want to cast Soul Feast on one of them.

My skeleton guards Marcus.
I'll try to close this rift. The practice should be useful in the future.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: October 04, 2010, 12:59:28 pm »

I really, really want to cast Soul Feast on one of them.

Hmm... You can try it. If you pull it off, you might gain quite a few interesting abilities. If you mess it up, well... just remember what happened to Dragnar.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: October 04, 2010, 01:46:34 pm »

Slice-n-dice the Demon Hunter attacking Marcus with my sword.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: October 04, 2010, 05:06:14 pm »

Smile and take the demon assassin's surprise to my advantage, and ram my blessed dagger into the nearest part of it to me.
Nom nom nom

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: October 04, 2010, 05:38:36 pm »

If I'm still heavily damaged, I use a salve. If not, I cast force slash at the bastard that hit me.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: October 04, 2010, 06:13:44 pm »

Aim for the spine!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: October 05, 2010, 01:20:41 am »

Attempt to magnify Tarran's physical strength.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 08:40:30 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 120