Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Were-Person mod?  (Read 2358 times)

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
Were-Person mod?
« on: March 08, 2013, 08:35:08 pm »

Is there a way to mod my adventurer to become a were-person so she can heal limbs?
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Were-Person mod?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 10:44:51 pm »

Yes. There are several ways you can do it....

1. Make a curse with a simple healing transformation
2. Make the species have a simple healing transformation.
3. Make it an adventurer only transformation.

Need help?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 05:57:39 am »

How can you make it adventurer-only? Preferably something adventurers get automatically, God knows I need it.

Hell, I could use invulnerable adventurers. I really suck at it.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 08:44:40 pm »

Just make a creature which appears nowhere, and then make an ENTITY with [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] and [CREATURE:your creature].
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 08:49:43 pm »

Right.

Now to figure out how to make a creature that can't be killed. Slade flesh or something . . .

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 09:11:59 pm »

Right.

Now to figure out how to make a creature that can't be killed. Slade flesh or something . . .

Why?

No brain, no lungs, no thought center for movement, and skin made out of a tuff whatever. Think of them like giant sponges, except able to do things.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 09:31:30 pm »

Okay. Would candy skin be good?

Zogundar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 09:32:14 pm »

Right.

I made an "Archon" race that, as far as I've seen, is uninjurable (Except maybe by another Archon, and during world-gen where they have the durability of wet tissue paper.) The secret lies in making new organic materials so that every piece of their body is made of something far stronger than even adamantine. They can also swim in lava and don't breathe, so that's no danger either. In one test, I sent about 50 adamantine bow and crossbow men and various other adamantine armed races after a single Archon in the Arena.

They were all slaughtered. The Archon was never even scratched. And that was before I had them pick up a weapon. About the biggest inconvenience they ever suffer is getting knocked down by something that's a much larger size. Megabeasts are also quickly slaughtered by them.

Still a WIP though as I can't figure out how to get certain appendages to function as proper slashing weapons (They are tagged as "EDGE") so they aren't as deadly as they'd be if they could decapitate things without weapons.

Maybe curses or something could do something to them, I don't know how those work or how you would make something immune to them.

I can post what I've got if you want.
Rogan?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 09:38:54 pm »

Okay. Would candy skin be good?

Pretty good, but you might want to make a new metal based off it and raise the wait, if you want it to do more damage.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 09:39:53 pm »

The wait?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 09:40:51 pm »

Right.

I made an "Archon" race that, as far as I've seen, is uninjurable (Except maybe by another Archon, and during world-gen where they have the durability of wet tissue paper.) The secret lies in making new organic materials so that every piece of their body is made of something far stronger than even adamantine. They can also swim in lava and don't breathe, so that's no danger either. In one test, I sent about 50 adamantine bow and crossbow men and various other adamantine armed races after a single Archon in the Arena.

They were all slaughtered. The Archon was never even scratched. And that was before I had them pick up a weapon. About the biggest inconvenience they ever suffer is getting knocked down by something that's a much larger size. Megabeasts are also quickly slaughtered by them.

Still a WIP though as I can't figure out how to get certain appendages to function as proper slashing weapons (They are tagged as "EDGE") so they aren't as deadly as they'd be if they could decapitate things without weapons.

Maybe curses or something could do something to them, I don't know how those work or how you would make something immune to them.

I can post what I've got if you want.

EDGE is an ATTACK flag, not an appendage flag. You are supposed to put it into their punches.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 09:41:42 pm »

The wait?

How heavy it is, weight. Spelling is my biggest weakness.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 10:34:13 pm »

Oh, right.

Zogundar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 01:55:20 pm »

EDGE is an ATTACK flag, not an appendage flag. You are supposed to put it into their punches.

I did. They still function as bludgeoning type weapons (Crush things, knock people away.)
Rogan?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 02:11:18 pm »

I did. They still function as bludgeoning type weapons (Crush things, knock people away.)

Can I see the code?

Pages: [1] 2