Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 11: its over town won  (Read 39829 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: Day 1 - It Takes Three Thieves [5/5]
« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2016, 05:30:33 am »

Waiting for rev to answer.
@rev is there anything he might say that might change your mind?
I'm not unreasonable. I doubt he'll change my mind, but it can happen.

Also, I don't like the way your pushing this specific question, as if you weren't voting for him yourself. And you let this question halt the game for you? Tell me, are you certain of your own vote, or were you hoping I wouldn't notice you trying to throw TempAcc a bone, help him tailor a response to weasel himself out? I could very well see the both of you holding your breath and waiting for me to answer your question. I could also see you being brave enough to ask this just after I agreed that a bus strategy would be stupid as hell.

I ask again: how do you feel about your own vote against TempAcc?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 23, 2016, 09:53:35 am »

Do you agree then that it is odd? I mean why the waiting and the green voting and shit? Do you want temp to change your mind rev?

Technically I'm not voting him thanks to you and even if I was voting him that does not preclude me from being suspicious of you. I know my alignment. Also I like how you completely ignore the context of my question. Everyone agreed to be back in two days. My question was designed to say: hey I'm here! Nothing more.

My vote against temp I was confident and then the waiting shit and I'm like okay yeah better to be safe than sorry makes sense. Then the fake voting thing. I'm like okay whatever no big deal. But eventually I start thinking why all this nonsense from rev if they are confident in their vote? It seems to me like you are waiting for temp to change your mind. Vengeful 10 was finished in 5 pages town win and didn't last very long. I get this is another game and everything, but I feel like that thing the waiting is impeding us from progressing. And you rev are the person that has suggested we delay. You all but admitted confirmation bias. The longer this goes on the more I feel I might being tricked.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 23, 2016, 09:54:45 am »

wait @osg why is temp acc town?
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 23, 2016, 10:08:47 am »

Because I am town, which means that at least one of the people voting Temp acc are scum. This completly removes the possibility that temp is the godfather, and it makes it unlikely that he is scum. More likely is that 2 scum are voting him, and he is town.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 23, 2016, 11:11:38 am »

I was considering voting rev for like a day or so. Idk why manufacture the waiting game and continue to prolong this. I dislike the osg argument as well. Temp just can't be scum. It makes sense but is ultimately circular ir I should say has an internal logical consistency. Being crude here is boils down to I am town; therefore he is town. And I hear that I just can't get past it. He is exculpated from his actions in game and is not even here. The dismissive nature of the fact that he could very well be scum and it is or isn't a bus is definitely on the table. My paranoia may have gotten the better of me and my entertaining of it is meh. I was piqued by rev who out the gate omgus read me. I just remembered they were entertaining the idea a while back. Idk. I do know that this day1 has gone on for a long ass time. And it has stagnated several times. And now I am more confused than when I started. So what now?
Or not it's cool.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 23, 2016, 11:14:43 am »

PFP: roo, I instated the faux vote thing so we have all the time we need. Still, I'm a bit frustrated that it hasn't led to very much, especially considering TempAcc practically disappeared at the end of last week and the rest of us have been sitting on our hands waiting to hear what he has to say. Yes, I think he's scum. No, I can't guarantee that lynching him won't end up flattening town. We ALL have to be damn certain.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 23, 2016, 11:25:13 am »

You seem incredibly eager to see temp acc go.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 23, 2016, 11:29:09 am »

If that were the case I'd have just allowed the hammer to happen.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 23, 2016, 11:31:19 am »

EBWOP: and this is strictly speaking in terms of me being scum and attempting a mislynch

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 23, 2016, 11:40:02 am »

Sorry, I got carried away reading an RTD while multitasking :v

Anyway, my defense is basically this: I've made myself (unwillingly) an easy target during the start of the game, which led to me getting targetted and tunneled upon by multiple people for reasons I said were (and still are) tenuous or even trivial, which however haven't been questioned by other two players, with only OSG actualy calling it out. I've become a very convenient target, and me being such has actualy only served to reveal some odd behavior on the part of other players, which, in turn, have backpedalled around a fair bit since and did some really fake questioning of one another to try and pull attention away from themselves + partner in scummyness.

In their efforts, they've managed to convice 1 player that I'm scum, for a reason or another. However, the can't outright snipe me without trying to paint someone else as scum, since this is a vengeful game and they're quite aware that I'm probably going to kill one of them if I get lynched. My opinions haven't changed thus far.

The only one thus far who seems to have a shade of townie to him is OSG, which means one of two things. He's either a really good mafia member who knows I'm townie and is thus trying to cause me to shoot one of the two other townies, or an actual townie who ended up comming to the same conclusions as I have.

I have no reasons to change my vote as of now, altough Roo and Elephant Parade seem increasingly scummy to me, but haven't given me as many red flags as Reverie has.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 23, 2016, 12:06:04 pm »

Wtf is an rtd?
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 23, 2016, 04:44:17 pm »

Roll to dodge. It is an entire sub forum to itself. I do notice that roo has been mostly following revarie and seems to be going with the flow. I agree with temp acc that roo seems to be just lynching the most convienient taget.

Temp acc: I'm not going to lie, your play day one was pretty scummy, but because of the position I'm in, voting for you is not an option

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 23, 2016, 05:14:27 pm »

Where did temp say this?
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 23, 2016, 05:16:16 pm »

I've become a very convenient target,

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 23, 2016, 06:48:24 pm »

That is so shitty of you. Why are you lying about what temp actually said?
Or not it's cool.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26