Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 455079 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Days without an accident: 0
« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2019, 01:43:27 pm »

Edward joins the party? Maybe he crawls out from under the break room sink.
"Huh? Did I just hear something?"
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 01:51:54 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: All I want for Christmas...
« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2019, 01:44:30 pm »

Spoiler: HAZMAT Harry, HMRC (click to show/hide)

"That's a new one...

Can we just foam it and use the foam kind of like a crate that he can't bark in until somebody can muzzle him?"

Nevermind, everyone's insisting on touching the dog. Just stay away from where it's pointing its mouth, warn everyone if my scanner indicates another "high energy event".
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 01:48:28 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2019, 01:45:06 pm »

Put some food from the former fridge (hopefully the guys who took some out will lend me some) inside the cage so that the dog will go in voluntarily. Maybe calm it down with some food first, but don't go near it, just throw it from a distance. Or give it to the guy who is going in to pet it. Either way, once food is placed/given stand weeeeell back, and urge the npc's to stand back as well. Don't wanna make the dog feel cornered.

If at any moment my scanner indicates another high energy event, get out of the dog's line of sight and duck 'n cover!

Spoiler: Jion Maupin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 02:08:10 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2019, 01:45:18 pm »

"Aww, poor widdle guy," Mildred coos, her foul mood, broken teeth and general mystique forgotten as her soul overflows with concern for this adorable-yet-volatile critter.
She frowns worriedly, standing up from her spot in the corner.

"His throat chakra must be so blocked. It's obvious. C'mere you little scamp."

Get up and cautiously approach the pupper, ready to dive to the side if it so much as looks at me.
Attempt to scoop him/her up for some calming, cleansing pats
(pets?) and cuddles whilst continuing to coo reassuringly at the little cutie.
Be sure to keep its head and mouth pointed away from me, just in case my attempts at dispelling the pup's obvious spiritual anguish are somehow ineffective.

Then plonk 'em down in front of the open cage once they're calm. Try and keep the business end pointed away from my colleagues in the process, too, without relinquishing control over its head movements to the point that it might be able to direct a borkblast at me. Priorities.

Edit:
If anyone fetches me a treat to give the dog, I will jam it onto the edge of my Null-Rod and carefully hold it at arm's length, keeping it out at a diagonal between myself and the dog - as in, out to one side, so that if it opens its mouth sooner than expected any potential blasts will be directed that way instead of straight at me.
Try and gesture my colleagues to shuffle to the other side of the room if possible, too.

If nothing goes wrong thus far, shake the treat/meat/whatever off the rod onto the floor, then crouch behind the dog as it starts to eat to calm it down with pats and soothing noises.
It's a pet, so hopefully it isn't too protective of its food... Pick it up once it's done eating and take it to the cage, as described.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 09:27:15 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2019, 01:56:08 pm »

Spoiler: Class (click to show/hide)

Right, Prep all the paperwork for Accidental Workplace Related Death Due to Lack of Caution, and get that done.. Also see about his Will to determine Dave's next of kin.
Read about "Destiny and Fate Clauses" in my Omnilawyer suite as well, afterward.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 02:46:47 pm by TricMagic »

Hotfire90

« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2019, 01:57:20 pm »

Apply first aid to Benny's burns.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2019, 01:59:49 pm »

"Hey uh, occult gall? If you wanna go near it, maybe take some treat with you to calm it down? I think some food survived the fridge massacre.

The rest of you, let's give them some space, shall we?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2019, 02:36:23 pm »

Ed walks up to Lisa Aethair, looking at the carnage around them.

"Hey, dear colleague, I see you're already jumping on the paperwork for this person's death. Good initiative, don't forget to make them in triplicate. Anyway, do you want to split up who gets to do the paperwork for which coworkers? Just so's you have less people to look after and less workload in the future, you know."

Walk up to this dog, assertively but non-threatingly, and say the following in a calm, commanding tone: "Stop! Sit! I am Edward F. Slant esquire, legal representative of OMNITECH. You are currently not being a good boy, damaging OMNITECH property like that. I'm going to have to have you sign these papers and then return to your cage immediatly. Compliance means you will once again regain the status of being a good boy, and will lead to anywhere between 5 and 20 bellyrubs." If the dogs complies, have him sign (paw print?) the paperwork for causing the death of an OMNITECH employee, damaging OMNITECH property, and disrupting an OMNITECH experiment. Then lead to him to his cage or whatever containment unit it's supposed to be in.

If it barkbeams at me, jump out of the way.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2019, 02:53:12 pm »

"Looks like we'll need to fix that edge case."
Open up the control panel and cross some wires to make it so the energy stream automatically stops once the tube opens.

Spoiler: Patrick Edmundson (click to show/hide)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2019, 06:02:58 pm »

"Huh. I won. There was still pizza in that fridge. And they sent us a dog. A yapper. You owe me five OMNIFUNDS, Pathos."

Jon turns fro mthe hole in the wall and squeaks across the breakroom to the fridge.

Hand Jion (Radio a glob of meatloaf and Reconstituted Nutrient paste. Incinerate the remains of the coffee pot, once it is cooled enough to handle - preferably with tongs or something rather than my rubberized gloves. Check out the hole in the wall behind the fridge - where does that lead?

"Anyone in there? did y'all just get hit by a giant laser beam? Any dismemberment, evisceration, or massive bloodloss? Got any fires or smudges?"

Edit:
After much debate with Pathos, Jon decides to bring in a second opinion, and shouts through the gaping hole:
"HEY! Science Guy! Would you consider things to have gone horribly wrong at this point, or only a little wrong?"

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 08:16:07 pm by Ozarck »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #130 on: January 27, 2019, 06:20:28 pm »

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Apologize for being late, if she wants inject Mildred with a stimulant so she has better chance of surviving in case the dog explodes
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2019, 08:50:05 pm »

"Hmm. I'd argue things are only somewhat wrong and not horribly wrong. They can always get worse. I bet the next specimens are already on their way." Pathos argued, trying to weasel his way out of paying.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2019, 09:16:03 pm »

"Hey uh, occult gal? If you wanna go near it, maybe take some treat with you to calm it down? I think some food survived the fridge massacre."
"Um, well," Mildred pauses in her advance to glance around, "the negative energy he's currently expressing seems to be coming from the mouth-area. I'm not sure holding out a treat would be the best idea."

She ponders it for a moment. "I guess we could give it a try. I'll just have to be careful. I'm sure the widdle guy could use a yummy tweat, couldn't you? Yess, couldn't you?"
Mildred recovers from this renewed bout of cooing long enough to recover some of her usual dignity and remember to introduce herself, levelling a stern gaze at the glorified janitor who addressed her so casually.
"The name is Mildred Hootzal, for your information. That's Occult Materials and Information Management Officer Mildred to you. Maybe O.M.M. Hootzal for short, or just Officer Mildred - I haven't decided which I prefer the sound of, yet."

With that said, she tosses her hair and turns back to what she was doing.

Partially editing action.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2019, 09:24:28 pm »

wait and watch, make snarky comment if aplicable.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #134 on: January 27, 2019, 10:07:32 pm »

Oh, good.
Exactly what flavor of fucked is this dog? Is this some sort of technical malfunction or something else?

Stand where I am and observe the dog. I'm just as likely to be killed where I'm standing as anywhere else, so there's no need to move.

Also, keep an eye on the teleporter. More packages should still be on the way. Next one is an ape.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 334