Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 954128 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5820 on: June 17, 2013, 05:17:08 am »

Except if you can somehow convince the Other that talking with him through an altar is your greatest need. Maybe a will roll to clear your mind of anything but this?

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5821 on: June 17, 2013, 05:42:28 am »

Except if you can somehow convince the Other that talking with him through an altar is your greatest need. Maybe a will roll to clear your mind of anything but this?
Hmmm. Yeah. Anyways, remember the idea was mine, so i shall get my share of glory!!!
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5822 on: June 17, 2013, 10:21:04 am »

Ahh crap. I think the forums has found a way to do, more or less, the exact OPPOSITE of the aim of this game. Why am I not surprised...
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5823 on: June 17, 2013, 11:18:38 am »

Ahh crap. I think the forums has found a way to do, more or less, the exact OPPOSITE of the aim of this game. Why am I not surprised...
I though the aim of this game was have fun while you accidentally (or not) kill yourself and everyone you love?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: June 17, 2013, 08:29:49 pm »

I though the aim of this game was have fun while you accidentally (or not) kill yourself and everyone you love?
Oh, whoops, my mistake. ;)
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5825 on: June 18, 2013, 03:04:51 am »

"You currently don't have any ranged weapons, what sort of specifications would you like for them?"
I might as well deactivate the unit, leave it to the people inside to decide...
Silica says <words>, she rescinds her runic activation permission. She then gives Corsair her greatbow and beam-katana.
She immediately returns to the anti-magic zone.

Spoiler: Silica's Catalogue (click to show/hide)
[pot:5+2]
You summon up what looks like samus's arm cannon. But no doubt significantly more dangerous.

Well shit, time to vamoose.

Attempt to escape by deactivating my portion of the fuck huge rune.

Here's hoping the other two do the same, eh?

((I wasn't keeping track of where everyone was and didn't realise it was that abyss.))
"Guys? I may have accidentally doomed us all."
Well shit, time to vamoose.

Attempt to escape by deactivating my portion of the fuck huge rune.
Try this also.
Only one more!

Gah.. Huge freaking spider [I want to have a pet one...]
Activate my ring, grab it's face with my flaming hand, and use "Experimental Combat Words"
[Spd:6+2]
[GS spd:5]
[dex:3]
Your flaming back punch-grab misses almost completely, barely singing the creature's carapace.
[Gs dex:2+2]
[spd:3+2]
You jerk your hand back as the Gloomstrider tries to bite your arm just above the flame aura.
[Pot:5]
[dex:5]
You reach out with the other hand and grab hold of one of the beast's limbs.
[gs end:5]
The limb shrivels and crumbles into dust. The stone skin on your face regenerates.

Spoiler: Side Comments (click to show/hide)

"THESE ARE WEAPONS, HAHAHA, YOU ARE A TRULY A GREAT GOD BLASTEL! I SHALL SHOW MY POWER NOW TO THE WORLD, HAHAHAHA! THE TOURNEY OF STRENGTH WILL NOT BE IN VAIN, BUT RISEN IN NEW GLORY!" There came shouting from the Blastel room as Jarvis proudly looked at his spiked knuckles and footgear, posing in various ways to show off the weapons and his muscles. "Truly the weapons of champions of the greatest art!" Then the man with the odd hair heard the crack and following curses. Stamping over to investigate the noises, he saw his new-found ally rubbing his head and glaring at a man with a steel stave. "WHAT HO, A FIGHT! YOU THERE, CHALLENGE A REAL MAN, NOT A PIPSQUEAK! DON'T YOU EVEN WANT TO FIGHT A REAL FIGHT, WHY DO YOU THINK HE WOULD EVEN SATISFY?! I'LL SHOW YOU HOW REAL MEN FIGHT, NOT WITH STICKS BUT WITH FISTS!" Shoving the small man behind him, he unleashed the fury! SHORYUKEN!

Making use of that my opponent will surely be stunned (I just hit him on the head ohmygad!) I run towards Flux altar and cut my hand above it with the metal of the staff. (Dont do this if is a suicidal thing and the enemy is right next to me)

Once that is done run outside the temple, throwing the staff toward the closest target in a attempt to slow them down. (I assume that the other dude who said to come in wont teleport, so i will probably have time to cut my hand over Flux Altar before he gets here)

If they follow me outside, use Words, then Words and finally Words (In that order) Since im as fast as them and i will probably have advantage as Flux is the god of speed and i will have a earlier start, i will probably reach the outside first. If i am able to cast the words before they exit the temple, go back inside and continue the fight blocking them from leaving the temple.

Now lets hope the dices are with me :D
Sarassh sacrifices to flux in a hurry and then sprints out into the hall, directly into Jarvis.
[Sarassh spd:3+1]
[Jarvis spd:4+1]
[Jarvis dex:6+1]
[jarvis str:1+1]
Jarvis' uppercut glances worthlessly off Sarassh's head, his great spikes knuckles barely scratching him with an awkward blow. Sarassh shoves his attacker away and bolts outside to the temple grounds. At least here he can use magic.

test fire my distortion greatbow at anyone who attacks me or the nearest wall, take a second to examine the results then execute my magical plan.
[str:4+1+1]
You fire a single massive arrow into the wall. It doesn't so much as impact or  explode so much as it disperses into a several foot wide area of distortion; warping the stone quite badly.

[will:5,6,3,1,1]
The shield breaks after you manage a few successes.
[pot:6,2,2,+1 all]
Welp...19/20

((I would like to change my stats to
Spoiler: New Stats (click to show/hide)
This also takes into account the point I lost.))

"This death was odd, I now feel like I can use more magic, but I feel abnormally weak and slow…"
Go into the basement to see if any of the weak monsters re-spawned, if there are no visible creatures use Words, but if something attacks me use Offensive Runes

Oh thats right, you died. Guess that circle is off now then. Welp, tune in at the bottom of the post for what happens.

So it's empty in there.
[pot:2]
Sad trombone.

Thaltelsho!
Shape myself a Sand-Man minion(Keep trying until he works)
Clo-Caltel Contar
Give him Axe if he summons

[pot:4+1]
You summon some nice sand.
[will:6]
[pot:4+1]
And give him an even nicer chainblade ax.

And make yourself a nice sandman.

[+1 aware]
"Ranged? well a magic bow would be good for things that try and run away"
*Hears yelling*
"If you could can you assist if nessecary? "
After receiving buffs from Scilica go and Investigate yelling

Well, she buffed you with weapons, if thats what you mean.

You run upstairs, pushing past some guy with a metal staff on the way. When you reach the hall of the gods you find some other guy with big old Blastel knuckles standing around looking sheepish.

Continue to the fungus forest, to rescue Saurinae! If I get there in time, send my thallids springing in to tackle the thing and pry it off saurinae, realeasing some spores in the process, then have fungus consume the beast from the lungs out.

You manage to get all the way down to the branching paths before something wanders into your way. It looks like a lizard, though it's as big as you are, covered in scales that are more like plate armor and boasting six legs and glowing green eyes above a mouth that takes up half it's body length.

"...TAKE COVER!"
Daniel dives for safety and Desperately tries to will the zombie tiger dragon to obey him and fly away from him.
If it attacks him, WORDS 1, else when the coast is clear WORDS 2.

[pot:1+2]
For an instant, you are the shiniest zombie at the ball. Then you're not. The zombie tiger just kinda stands around, eating it's own tail.

"Ouch, that really, really hurt. Thanks for the help Jarvis."
I stand out of the way and let Jarvis do his thing.
He chases ironrod McSuckerpunch out of the room. What happens after that, you have no idea.

"~Ah.~"

Will the giant lump of steel to form a suit of plate armor. Make the leftovers orbit around me as levitating metal spheres.
[will:4,3+1 all]
Suit of armor made. Orbiting steel done. This is all surprisingly easy.

Ah, so those words did do what I thought they did.
One final spell, just to see if it can do what I think it does.
Then I'm done with those dangerous magic boosting words and go back to normal mildly dangerous science. I'll get back to them once I have some more endurance.

[pot:6+1]
Congrats, you now have another whole +1 pot. Try not to get yourself killed with it.

FLYING SMASH ATTACK MOVE GO! Jump up above the Head, and hit it with my staff when I fall to it's level.
[Spd:3]
[H spd:2]
[str:3+1+1]
[dex:4+1]
You raise your staff and proceed to repeatedly smash the Head's wooden shield. Your blows get stronger with each hit; wood splinters and stones crumble and burst into dust. The head itself falls to a single hard blow that tears through the remains of the shield and a half foot into the ground.

You gain a point! Good for you. You are currently standing in a graveyard filled with weapons. There is a large mausoleum just a bit forward, and the way you came behind you.

Grab the knife on the steps of the temple as I get the heck outta Dodge.

Your knife died when you did. But getting out of dodge, that I can give you. You get AAAAALL the way down to the village center.

You have forgotten to give me god xp.

Deactivate the active rune on my left foot, or at least hold onto something solid until it stops. Then do the previous spell for my left foot again to remark it.
[pot:1+1]
You remark it with nothing. GAWDDAGIT!

Pray to parathun/ do whatever i need to do to activate the altar.

That would be cutting your hand over the basin and dripping blood into it but we'll assume your character worked it out.

Well, this is probably a bad idea, but I want more power for more dakka, so....
Things, then words.
Anyone near the wolf, run away. Unless you want to try and kill it, then fine.
You turn back around to face the wolf and...it's gone. Recently too. The last bits of the tendrils are just vanishing. You've got a bad feeling about this.

"Been waitin' fer this."

Words.
[spd:4+1]
[M spd: 5+1]
[m dex:1+2]
The mantis moves faster then you imagined a strange, thin limbed creature like it could. You duck back as it carves a thin gash across your chest, and counter with your magic as it rears back for another blow.
[pot:1+1]
BURNS!
[pot:2+1]
You poot out a tiny ovoid of fire and lightning that flies like a bottle rocket and expends its lack luster energy against the mantis' carapace without any noticeable effect.

I will -1 Dexterity.

Respawn. Examine self. Words.

You respawn.

You are still Mr.Blackpool.

[pot:3]
You poot out a little wax lizard that flies a few feet and then breaks on the ground. Yay you.

What?  I didn't die?  This went much better than expected!

Does anybody know offhand if you keep otherflesh bits through a normal respawn?

"Ahahaha!  Ahh, what a body!" Faust said as he flexed and stretched. "Still, I think there might be ways to improve it further..." he said with an evil glint in his eyes.

Go devote myself to Flux, and shoot Sarzael a smug glare after that.  Watch him die.  Then, kill myself with a head beating.  Shift three points from Channelling to potency

Empiricist, do you mind if I take the lightsabre?

done and done. Except the smug thing, since he's long gone.

Grab awesome hammer. Find someone or something to fight. If another player, offer them this:

I don't aims to kill ye. How about we skirmish? Hold back, no outright murder, just fight till we concede defeat. If you win, I'll make you a little something or help you feed a circle. Can't offer information, sadly. If you decline, I'll find someone else to maim.
There are several other players around here. You offer them all the chance to fight and perhaps accidentally die.

Now where to find dudes to murder...

Continue to search around, heading toward the forest areas.  Turn left at all crossings, regardless.  Will anything hostile to kill itself, or its hostile friends if it has any.

You, using the left hand path, make it all the way down to the Pillars of the sky area. There's a four way intersection here so I figured you might want to chose.

You enter a small clearing that is surrounded on all sides by trees even greater then what you've seen so far, trees so tall that their upper branches are lost amongst the clouds.
The massive bases of the trees, each at least 50 feet in diameter, are so grown together and interwoven with their neighbors that they've formed an impenitrable wall along the circumfrance of the clearing, save for the thin gaps through which the path passes.
In the center of the clearing is a single standing stone, alone in a field of grass.
To the west you can see a thin column of smoke rising from somewhere nearby.
To the south you can see a dark area of the forest and what looks like a gateway or arch.
The path to the north leads off towards a crossroads.
And the path to the east passes by several carved tree trunks.

Kin attempts to vibrate his crystal body by making the electric current go back and forth hopefully freeing him from the tree. If it fails he tries to say "Zaral Zerth".
Well, you're not The Flash, so you're not vibrating your way out of this one.

Also it's hard to speak without being able to move your mouth. You might have one untrapped hand on the outside of the tree though. Maybe you can do something with that.

"Huh, say it with blood you say meta-voices? No, be quiet, they can't hear you... can they?"

"ANY-WAY, Note on interesting observation: God worship suffers popularity swings. First elementals, now Blasteellians (or whatever they are called). Intriguing."

"Say WORDS OF DISCOVERY!"

Also try and ascertain just how "bright" the bear-dy guard really is.
[pot:6+1]
Well dang. You went and removed the contact words. Try that again, but with a word for effecting what you touch. Actually, whats his name vs the spider just did it, so there you go.

Say Testing Words and then leave through the lighted doorway.
[pot:6]
You summon a plastic head. Thats kinda odd.

It's hard to tell if this room is a barracks or a jail; it's set up like a barracks with lines of beds but each bed has an ankle shackle.
The windows, which let in a precious little light, are barred with heavy iron and the only door out of the room that doesn't just lead back into darkness is a massive iron gate set into solid stone.
The gate leads out into a courtyard and, luckily for you, someone has left it open.

Now, it's 1'o clock and I'm tired so I'll make this quick. As soon as everyone revokes their permission for the circle to remain active, the globe immediately collapses and all the men inside it are dumped rather unceremoniously out on their collective asses.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5826 on: June 18, 2013, 03:08:20 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5827 on: June 18, 2013, 03:26:34 am »

Hmmph im a idiot. Oh well atleast here i can try to make something helpful.

Say as many of the words i PMed you before as i can, then go back and dont let them get into the basement. (Fight them both with whatever i get if its good, else continue to run away though any exit that isnt the same as they re coming off from)

OOC: As i said, IM NOT DEAD YET!!!

Also, what does the Flux Power Become Mercury mean? I can transform myself onto mercury at any time?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 03:39:43 am by Sarzael »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5828 on: June 18, 2013, 03:41:10 am »

magickery and self empowerment.

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #5829 on: June 18, 2013, 03:52:50 am »

"Oh come on you"*grabs Mr mace fists*"He went this way"
Lead Mr Mace fists to the courtyard, stay in the anti-magic zone
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5830 on: June 18, 2013, 03:53:44 am »

"Oh come on you"*grabs Mr mace fists*"He went this way"
Lead Mr Mace fists to the courtyard, stay in the anti-magic zone
Whos Mr Mace Fists?

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5831 on: June 18, 2013, 04:08:18 am »

((Sarzael, the "mercury thing" means when you get a natural roll of 5 on speed or dodge, you turn to mercury for that action.))
"Hmm, I must have said that wrong."
Try that spell again.  Then (even if it fails) go upstairs and ask the Lore-Monk a question.

((Are summoning circles any circle that summons something or just particular circles?))
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 10:13:18 am by Vakothu »

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5832 on: June 18, 2013, 04:15:52 am »

Attempt to get it off me. Then attempt to pin it to the ground and break off one of it's remaining limbs and stab it to death with it.
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5833 on: June 18, 2013, 04:18:35 am »

"I... don't think I'll be trying that again any time soon. I wonder if there's a way to teleport with circles..?"
Rune Materials Science!
B20, B22, B23, and B24.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #5834 on: June 18, 2013, 04:26:36 am »

((The guy who absolutely failed at killing you))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 435