Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 695829 times)

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #7095 on: October 08, 2013, 10:22:16 pm »

Okay, I really want to make a lego version of a generally accepted RtD, but I cannot for the life of me pick one. So, which one should I get started working out rules for?

Door number one: Basic arena fight; fighting other players or enemies with lego flavor. Not very original.
   Backdoor 1a: Really weird arena; Pick another door, stick the fancy lego mechanics into a high speed arena fight. Could be amazing,
                          could be terrible.
 Door number two: Adventure game; Souped up arena with a world and a plot. Hopefully includes overcomplicated crafting of weapons, skills,
                            spells, or some combination of those based on actual lego configurations.
 Door number three: Life/evolution game; Multiple, competing, attempts to create a successful lifeform.
  Backdoor 3a: Life game with unique lego based chemistry. You will start off with a self replicating molecule made of bricks and go from
                     there. May have very long times between updates, but I am fully willing to try this. Will require extreme dedication if anyone
                     wants to successfully make a universe from scratch. May have ethics considerations if it works. May be written as a computer
                     program to create a baby universe. Will take a while, probably working with the future players, to come up with laws of physics.
  Backdoor 3b: Stripped down version of 1a, you are a lego chemist. Less mind numbing to run/play. Might be fairly boring.
 Door number four: You are a Lego; A block, not a minifigure. Probably no minifigures at all. Not sure how to spice the game up, but it's an
                      interesting place to build a game from. It currently has no game mechanics. It really needs some.

So, which of these deserve to see the light of day? Which should be killed forever? I have no idea, so I need you people to help me out with this.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #7096 on: October 08, 2013, 10:24:35 pm »

I've been thinking about doing something similar. At one point I was considering turning Looter's Delight into a stop motion film too.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7097 on: October 08, 2013, 10:29:29 pm »

Tis a pity that Brikwars cannot be played online since that would remove the whole point of it

...or can it...  Htmmmmmmm I didn't know they had a forum...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:33:47 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7098 on: October 08, 2013, 10:51:32 pm »

I've been thinking about doing something similar. At one point I was considering turning Looter's Delight into a stop motion film too.
I've actually been waiting for the point where I'm assigned another story project in English, so I can turn one of my RTDs (Or someone else's with their permission) into a comprehensible story. Looter's Delight would be a nice one, as would TCM's arena match game.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7099 on: October 08, 2013, 10:52:33 pm »

I've actually been waiting for the point where I'm assigned another story project in English, so I can turn one of my RTDs (Or someone else's with their permission) into a comprehensible story. Looter's Delight would be a nice one, as would TCM's arena match game.
If he gives you permission, PLEASE DO THE ARENA THING.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7100 on: October 08, 2013, 11:16:53 pm »

Man you should do a real famous RTD.
Hint hint.
Nudge.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7101 on: October 08, 2013, 11:17:30 pm »

Man you should do a real famous RTD.
Hint hint.
Nudge.
But then he'd have to complete it.
Sig! Onol

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7102 on: October 08, 2013, 11:59:07 pm »

Aha
Ha

I wish I knew what you guys were talking about.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7103 on: October 09, 2013, 12:00:32 am »

He's talking about the long abandoned Roll to Roll to Dodge, wherein he gained his reputation for derming everything.
Sig! Onol

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7104 on: October 09, 2013, 12:04:19 am »

He's talking about the long abandoned Roll to Roll to Dodge, wherein he gained his reputation for derming everything.
Someone needs to make a suggestion game where you control Derm.

There wouldn't even need to be a story line, because if there was one, it'd die shortly thereafter.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7105 on: October 09, 2013, 12:04:54 am »

Ahaha. I remember starting reading that.

And then trying to necro it.

When I was a Naïve young Forum-Goer.

But no, I think Id rather stay away from anything INCREDIBLY long. I wouldn't make a novel of Einsteinian Roulette or Deviation 22, but something like Roll To Dodge Princess Celestia or The Magnificent Timelord, or even the aforementioned Looter's Delight would be more fitting for a literature makeover.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7106 on: October 09, 2013, 12:06:33 am »

I've only read part of the Magnificent Timelord but I can tell you with all certanity that it would be amazing.
Sig! Onol

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7107 on: October 09, 2013, 12:08:35 am »

I believe I played an undead theodore roosevelt, who upon defeat had a fistfight with death.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7108 on: October 09, 2013, 12:10:17 am »

I believe I played an undead theodore roosevelt, who upon defeat had a fistfight with death.
This doesn't surprise me at all.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7109 on: October 09, 2013, 12:21:00 am »

This doesn't surprise me at all.
There's a reason death took Theodore while he was sleeping.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 661