Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: UMcS's Space Station - On Slow Movement and Remodeling  (Read 17512 times)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Re: UMcS's Space Station - On Slow Movement and Remodeling
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2014, 06:01:34 pm »

Sounds sorta like the old /tg/ station, except cargo and security are switched. I might be imagining it wrong though.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 11:05:12 pm by Cheedows »

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2014, 11:09:01 pm »

Medbay near escape, cargo near engineering.  As in, adjacent.  As for the rest...if the AI is on-station, put the core INSIDE of either the bridge or security.  Otherwise do it like it is now.  The theater should be separate from the kitchen and the bar, and near the bridge, so it can easily be used as a general meeting room. Put botany BETWEEN the bar and kitchen.  That way each feels separate, and the chef and bartender have less reason to kill each other over who that watermelon and those lemons were for.  Janitorial closet should be near to medbay, for obvious reasons.  I recommend having a shop area somewhere, just full of vending machines.  Would be interesting, rather than having them just kind of everywhere.  In case you can't tell, I'm just throwing out EVERY suggestion that would make this different in a way I deem good at this exact moment, heheheh.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2014, 11:25:53 pm »

Since we're using Bay apparently now, would the map still be done according to /vg/?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2014, 04:20:00 pm »

Since we're using Bay apparently now, would the map still be done according to /vg/?
Ah... Can it be clarified?

And can I help with the map production?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2014, 04:45:20 pm »

No. It'll be done with Bay in mind, since they likely have different stuff. I'm going to play a few rounds with Bay on our server before I start the map.

And can I help with the map production?
I'd prefer going at this alone, but thanks.

Also: Updated the general section of the OP.
- c_tags will be in the following format: "Engineering - Storage" "Bar - Starboard" "Bridge - Captain's Quarters," etc.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2014, 04:56:54 pm »

Thats a tad mean.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2014, 05:00:09 pm »

Thats a tad mean.
Well, nobody's ever complimented my tact.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2014, 05:01:05 pm »

Thats a tad mean.

Not particularly. It's his own map. When I was making my map, I invited people from the community to be a part of making it, that was my decision. Jacob is making his own map, similar to Metacide. If you want to make your own station map, go ahead. As I said to Jacob, there's no absolute guarantee that we'll use it, but more choice is always nice.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2014, 06:16:23 pm »

And I still mentally drool a little bit every time I think the words, "random map rotation".
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2014, 07:10:49 pm »

And I still mentally drool a little bit every time I think the words, "random map rotation".

Actually, I was discussing a system with J/L the other day. If we get to a point where we have 3 good unique maps for BS12, we could rotate every month or so to keep things fresh. It's entirely possible. The problem with "random map rotation" each round is that the map is compiled into the .dmb (kinda like an .exe for byond) and thus can't be changed without taking the server down, recompiling with a different map, and then starting the server again.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2014, 07:24:11 pm »

When I was making my map, I invited people from the community to be a part of making it, that was my decision.
It was due to that (and this thread) that I believed that multable people would be involved in the creation of the map.

So, anyone know where I can get the files we will be using so that i may get a head start on producing a map for a rotation?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2014, 09:57:10 pm »

When I was making my map, I invited people from the community to be a part of making it, that was my decision.
It was due to that (and this thread) that I believed that multable people would be involved in the creation of the map.

So, anyone know where I can get the files we will be using so that i may get a head start on producing a map for a rotation?

Nowhere, because a Urist branch of BS12 doesn't exist yet. You can play around with BS12, but I can guarantee there will be conflicts once I'm done with merging Urist features and /vg/ features with Bay. It's best to hold off making anything big atm.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2014, 01:37:42 am »

Nowhere, because a Urist branch of BS12 doesn't exist yet. You can play around with BS12, but I can guarantee there will be conflicts once I'm done with merging Urist features and /vg/ features with Bay. It's best to hold off making anything big atm.

Unless somebody fixes the damn memory leak, restarting the server more than once a month won't be that surprising :\

I know it should be more in the main thread, but what features are you merging from /vg/?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2014, 09:50:25 am »

I mentioned it somewhere in the main thread. Mainly their ports of /tg/ stuff like mobs on fire and 3d sound, but I also want to port MoMMI's. Plus I'll be taking suggestions, because I assume people will want vampire mode, even though it's kinda broken, unless it's been fixed in the last month or so.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2014, 10:26:53 am »

Tell me, do the vampires respond properly to sunlight?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13