Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 987

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1586368 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! Post pics to be photoshopped, if you dare~
« Reply #3390 on: June 18, 2011, 05:03:25 am »

Oh gods, I think the last time I had tea and cookies was when I was four.

My mom and I semi-regularly do that sort of thing, though it's more of a "we like tea and we like cookies, so snack time" thing that "let's pretend to be dressed up ladies."

... Anyway, yeah, I can fix that :D  Well, with Russian chocolate, anyway.  I don't think I trust myself on the cookie-baking.

But yeah, I've done some stuff with my hair.
Nothing traditional though, aside from a regular ponytail to keep stuff out of the way when working with electronics and cooking.
And mine is somewhat wavy and very fine, so it knots easily.
Also, those drills that you see in animoo, right?
I get those when I don't wash my hair for over a week.

Er... do you mean in terms of curls, or dreads?  With that hair length, you might try braiding it for the week, unless you're really into the way your hair looks out.  I've found that that's a really good way to keep mine from snarling horribly.  Otherwise... lots of shampoo and cream rinse, and wash it at least once a week.  Cream rinse gets really important as your hair gets longer, so that it's easier to undo tangles.  I figure you may already know that, but I thought I'd mentioned it just in case.

Though secretly, I have to say that I don't clean mine as much as I should, either.  It can get pretty disgusting.

*sigh*

I guess I should go learn how to do hairstyle stuff myself, but I'm actually kind of nervous about it.  I even have trouble braiding and stuff, let alone doing all those complicated combinations of different little braids and buns and ribbons and auuuuugh.

But somehow, they end up looking so cute.  Maybe not on me, but on all those other girls...

I should stop whining =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: June 18, 2011, 05:20:26 am »

Here. I'm curious what you'll do with it.
On a completely unrelated note: (i.e. Please don't shop it)

Spoiler: lol, k (click to show/hide)

Er... do you mean in terms of curls, or dreads?

Curls, drills, girly animoo hair that will pierce the heavens.
Spoiler: These things: (click to show/hide)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: June 18, 2011, 05:20:50 am »

Oh, I wish I would have the slightest idea how to take care of my hair.
Oh well, give it another 10-15 years and I won't have to worry anymore...

It's just, if I asked some other guy about what they do with their hair, it would create a weird atmosphere. Well right now I'm not so anxious about that stuff, but male conversation topics are generally horribly limited.

I have to wash mine every or every second day or it looks horrible.
That can't be healthy, but I don't have any other idea and it starts bothering me at the second day without, to the extent where I can't think straight anymore.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: June 18, 2011, 05:24:26 am »

Curls, drills, girly animoo hair that will pierce the heavens.

Weeeeeeeell, then.  That... that sounds really awesome.

I get stupid little ringlets at the back of my neck that go "sproing."  Hate the suckers.

I have to wash mine every or every second day or it looks horrible.
That can't be healthy, but I don't have any other idea and it starts bothering me at the second day without, to the extent where I can't think straight anymore.

Could be normal at your age, though.  I hear it gets a lot better as you head away from your teenage years, especially for dudes.

If you post some good photos of your head, though, we can give you hairstyle advice >_> <_<
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: June 18, 2011, 05:32:35 am »

Well, I'm used to have it rather short now.
Not really much I can do, since I refuse to use hair gel.

I probably should have asked for advice, when I still had long hair.
But no, I waited until it was too damaged and I had to cut it.

It's not so much about hairstyles, but about how to take care of it without damaging it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: June 18, 2011, 05:43:06 am »

It's not so much about hairstyles, but about how to take care of it without damaging it.

Hurm...

Use shampoo and cream rinse if it's hanging well off your head, wash it often-but-not-too-often, and most importantly of all:

Get snarls out by starting at the bottom of the strand and working your way up to the crown of your head, slowly.  Don't rip at it.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: June 18, 2011, 06:47:34 am »

Oh, I wish I would have the slightest idea how to take care of my hair.
Oh well, give it another 10-15 years and I won't have to worry anymore...

It's just, if I asked some other guy about what they do with their hair, it would create a weird atmosphere. Well right now I'm not so anxious about that stuff, but male conversation topics are generally horribly limited.
We are kindred spirits. I have no idea what to do with my hair. Whenever I somehow end up with product I always end up just running my hands through my hair contemplatively.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: June 18, 2011, 06:53:38 am »

It's not so hard.
1. Go to shopping centre and get 1 bottle of shampoo and 1 of conditioner. Cheap brands work well I have found, I'm currently using palmolive.
2. Wash your hair with them.
3. ????
4. Profit!

What is there to screw up?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: June 18, 2011, 06:58:43 am »

As it turns out, I misunderstood the post. It's not so much taking care of my hair that's the problem, rather, turning it into something that isn't a slightly foppish mop on my head is the issue here. I have no idea how to do that. And believe me, I've tried.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: June 18, 2011, 06:58:50 am »

Hmm, so pretty much the standard procedure.
A lot seems to be depending on the brand too. Some can be quite harmful.

Also overusing a certain brand worsens the effect. Using different products may be advisable.

It's been some time since I've used cream rinse. I remember having some sucess with it.

Another factor might be that the water in our area is quite calcareous.
Me mother swears by some water mixed with a bit of vinegar againt is.
I believe achieving some favorable results with it.

Now that motivation is slowly picking up again, I care enough to take proper care of my body again. Maybe I'll be able to figure out out how to deal with my hair, with a bit of experimenting.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: June 18, 2011, 07:18:13 am »

My biggest problem with my hair is that my head is always framed by a glowing brown halo of thousands of individual hairs sticking up on their own away from the main, and nothing on Earth will get them to lay down and mingle.  When I need to look presentable, I tie it into a ponytail so it's not hanging all over the place, but that just enhances the unruly-strands-halo.

I also find it looks better a day or so after showering, since right out it's a lot more curly than it should be, and tangles really easily.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #3401 on: June 18, 2011, 07:54:06 am »

Though creating personal texts that don't make me feel weird apparently isn't one of them >_____________>

I'm sorry :< I should be more careful with what I say.

Personally, my hair has been just left to itself until last year when I sat to myself and decided to use a kitchen scissor to snip snap it all off. Then I just left it again.

http://da-dk.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.459906782320.233028.618212320&l=266639cbfb

Should be able to see last 1½ years hair journey there.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: June 18, 2011, 07:56:25 am »

Must resist urge to stalk...
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #3404 on: June 18, 2011, 08:02:58 am »

Must resist urge to stalk...

You've gotta be kidding, what an absolute waste of your time it'd be. I have nothing worth hiding, hence my facebook page is as public as it can get, no security AND it has all my information, 'cept passwords 'course.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 987