Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 907 908 [909] 910 911 ... 987

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1586375 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.
« Reply #13620 on: April 01, 2016, 06:39:27 am »

Anyway, what does a student government even do? We don't have anything like in in NZ.
In my hometown, they mostly manage various events around the year. They have a small treasury of grant and flea market money, which goes into those events and occasionally communal equipment around the campus. They also speak for the students in the town council, but nobody listens to them.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13621 on: April 01, 2016, 12:50:28 pm »

Well, the body that this picture is from deals with a lot of higher level stuff. They make large funding and policy decisions on campus. It's the primary student voice on campus.
Pretty much this. Hell, my university even has sort sub-presidencies for each course. I've seen some pretty brutal politics, like one of the sort-of-parties trying to discredit another by repeatedly claiming they were racist.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13622 on: April 01, 2016, 12:55:05 pm »

I've seen some pretty brutal politics, like one of the sort-of-parties trying to discredit another by repeatedly claiming they were racist.
Sounds about right. Over the last couple years, we had a mini Israel/Palestine conflict. It got really intense at times.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13623 on: April 01, 2016, 06:39:07 pm »

I've seen some pretty brutal politics, like one of the sort-of-parties trying to discredit another by repeatedly claiming they were racist.
Sounds about right. Over the last couple years, we had a mini Israel/Palestine conflict. It got really intense at times.
Did it have a mini Six Day War where you drove over to neighboring universities and set their dorms on fire?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13624 on: April 01, 2016, 07:03:36 pm »

Did it have a mini Six Day War where you drove over to neighboring universities and set their dorms on fire?
Sadly, no. There was a bit where they set up mock checkpoints, but that was the worst of it.
I'll make sure to suggest the Six Day War thing to them, though.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13626 on: April 02, 2016, 10:30:57 pm »

I dunno, the picture includes you face, and not much else...

That makes it a pretty good selfie in my book.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13627 on: April 02, 2016, 10:52:32 pm »

You forgot to ruin the picture with a duckface, this is too cute to be a proper selfie.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13628 on: April 02, 2016, 10:58:41 pm »

Some random pictures spread across the past month or two, just got around to setting them up.

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13629 on: April 02, 2016, 11:04:32 pm »

Vault-Tec doesn't seem to have anticipated the population growth.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13630 on: April 02, 2016, 11:08:32 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:06:38 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13631 on: April 02, 2016, 11:18:01 pm »

Probably one of the best pictures I've taken in my life, from that one time we decided to mess around with a dead tarantula for an entire AP Bio period.

Oh my gosh, that's so cool! Thanks for sharing that. I find it pretty without being creepy, but I've also worked spiders before? YMMV.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13632 on: April 02, 2016, 11:20:37 pm »

I dunno, the picture includes you face, and not much else...

That makes it a pretty good selfie in my book.
I shall never make a good selfie then ._.

Probably one of the best pictures I've taken in my life, from that one time we decided to mess around with a dead tarantula for an entire AP Bio period.
Squee for you! :)) That's an amazing shot :3 Wonder what the hairs are for? Traction? Is that a tarantula? (hairs = defense mechanism) Seems too tiny ._.
Reminds me of all the times I had to steady my phone camera to take pics of all those microbes back in my MedTech days.

Biology never ceases to amaze me.
Silly past-time we did while we were working with microscopes was explore the scenery of the slide ._.
Was pretty awesome to see things close-up. Especially with plantlife wherein you could see water running through those tiny passages and stuff.
But mmph. That spider. ♥!

Um. Have bird-watching pics from my "backyard"!
Spoiler: All taken by my dad (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 11:23:00 pm by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13633 on: April 02, 2016, 11:34:47 pm »

Spoiler tags != quote function :P It breaks it up.
Yeah, it is a tarantula. Funnily enough, we only realized that the hairs could be potentially dangerous until after we had handled the tarantula gloveless and doin things like scratching our eyes. :P
I'll assume you had it handled veeeery well then. Oh dear. ._.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13634 on: April 02, 2016, 11:39:21 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:06:02 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 907 908 [909] 910 911 ... 987