Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 153291 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 23 - Injuryville
« Reply #555 on: February 11, 2016, 01:37:57 am »

Round 23: Injuryville
Weather Conditions: Snowing (11.2 inches)
Time: Evening

Ukrainian Ranger lifts her one good arm towards the heavens and makes a prayer to the Kung-Fu Gods. (??) With the (possible) endowment of her deities, Ranger leaps from the car at NAV. (1+2-1 vs. 2) Ranger kicks NAV in the back of the head, which whiffs so badly that even as it makes contact he barely notices. Ranger then flies past him and lands on her face in the snow.

Execute brandishes his widish smile and struts towards the sailor with the cadence of a cartoon character.  "Oh, 'ello there, I was wondering where you were! I think you've had a bit too much to drink, I mean, heck, I'm your subconcious, you shouldn't normally be seeing this stuff." (6) The sailor looks at Execute as if he's an eight-legged dog. "....are you-?" (7 vs. 5) Execute interrupts him with a quick chop to the neck. "Agh! Damn you!" The sailor falls to his knee, not injured by any means by temporarily incapacitated as even an amateur chop to the neck by someone inexperienced with martial arts as Execute still hurts a good deal.

NAV, undeterred and mostly ignoring the Ukranian's leaping kick, barges down on Hawk's position. (Agility vs. Dexterity: 1 vs. 2) NAV doesn't account for U.R. having fallen on the ground in front of him, and trips over her body; this gives Hawk just enough time throw his pistol on the ground and swap it for his Riot Gun before rising over the cover of the car. (9-1 vs. 5) Before NAV can stand up, a fast flying bean bag hits him just under his right eye. He tumbles backwards, dropping his Golf Club, his face bruising and the area quickly becoming swollen shut. [-2 Perception, Stunned: -1 to all actions for the rest of this turn.] While this stops NAV for a second, he is quickly back to his feet and running towards Hawk once more, driven by his own rage as much of that of his enemies; Hawk pumps a fresh beanbag into the barrel of his gun. (Agility vs. Dexterity: 8 vs. 1) NAV bounds over the hood of the police car before Hawk is even able to raise up his sights. (7+2-1 vs. 8-2) NAV kicks at Hawk's leg, hitting him right in his broken ankle. It does not make the wound worse, but given Hawk's cries of agony it isn't pleasant either. [Pain: -1 to all actions]

Abstract drives to the gym where the tournament will be hosted next morning. Registering on the sheet, he feels spontaneously empowered and energized and begins the first three steps of his grand plan:
A. Training Montage (6) Speed bag! Weight lifting! Treadmill! Wishing that guy would stop grunting so loudly! Stationary Bike! Dead lifting! Watching part of a movie on the TV in the corner! Shadow boxing! Jump Rope! Checking out the girl in the yoga pants just briefly enough that you don't get caught! Chin ups! Sit ups! Push ups! Selfie in the mirror in order to justify your exhaustion and pain with some semblance of progress and self-worth so you don't break down crying! Water break! Abstract is worn down from his training but it will hopefully pay off by conditioning his body for the tournament tomorrow.
B. Courtship (7) Abstract takes at a shower at the gym and then heads down to a casual Single's Dance downtown. After some mingling, he is able to get some personal space with the spunky pixie-cut blonde who goes by 'Autumn' and works as a local barista. Nothing more than some casual questioning and light humor takes place, but he does get her number which she requests he call if he's free tomorrow evening.
C. Political Leadership (8+2) Abstract goes back to city hall and enters his name into the ballot for Mayorship, which all goes smoothly. If he can get at least 5% of people in Green Bay to sponsor him for a ballot, he could challenge the incumbent Mayor for his office.

In desperation, Hawk attempts to get NAV to stop kicking the life out of him with a point blank shot from his riot gun. (9-1 vs. 10) The beanbag flies over NAV's head and buries itself in the snow somewhere beyond the two combatants. (1+2-1 vs. 6-2-1) Hawk rolls out of the way as NAV stomps his foot which lands on the hood of the police cruiser, triggering its blaring siren and lights. Hawk moves towards the trunk end of the vehicle and uses it to stand up. NAV and Hawk face each other, both determined to win and also crippled to an extent.

Nunzillor explains her plan to Tiny Chuck who nods contemplatively, scratching his beard. "I'll see what I can get done, but no hard promises yet, we haven't been working with you long enough to see what you really got." After this meeting is concluded, Nunzillor exits the sports bar and skiis into the nearest hospital open at this hour. She goes to the front desk and explains her situation; as it is not the most dangerous ailment, she is made to sit in the waiting room among crying children and groaning old people all over the place. Thirty minutes in, and her name still has yet to be called; oh the joys of medical bureaucracy.

"Sore o shiyou to shinaide kudasai." Greatness delivers this one-liner through his injured jawline and performs an action roll. (Agility vs. Dex: 3 vs. 6) Greatness completes his roll which maneuvers him to the side, but as he rises out of his roll, Person already has his machine gun trained on him. (6+2 vs. 10) Greatness fearlessly charges forward with his Katana held above his head, a mighty warrior's cry coming from deep in his chest that sends fear into everyone around him, including Person who is so shaken that he misses all of his shots as his shaky hands fail to keep his gun aimed properly. (7+2 vs. 5+2) Person steps back before the blade can cut through his head, instead it goes into his right forearm, cutting through the armor and into his flesh. Greatness pulls his blade away, blood flowing freely from Person's wound and staining his adjacent armor a red that stains the snow beneath him.

Greatness strikes his first proper wound against Person, who is now bleeding onto the ground. Looking for any weak points in Person's armor, Greatness does see that the area between Person's jaw and shoulders lacks any armor at all. (3+2 vs. 1) Greatness pulls his blade away from Person's arm and slashes his neck. Person stumbles away, his good hand covering his neck wound while his other arm continues to bleed. Suffering from the pre-tremors of blood loss, Person fires again at Greatness, aiming for the general head area. (2+2-1 vs. 2) One of the bullets strikes Greatness in the face, but instead of seeing his opponent fall to the ground, Person watches with shock as the bullet wound simply starts to evaporate from Greatness's body; in fact, his jaw was begin to slide back into its original state. [Injured Jaw regenerates to Bruised Jaw]

The moon rises over Wisconsin.

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nunzillor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukranian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)

Even when he is set back by days of miscellenious bullshit, the GM returns to keep this train rolling! Apologies for the delays in the latest rounds, I'll do my best to keep a more efficient schedule in the future. No turn on Saturday, all my energy will be redirected towards romanticizing mi amore.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 11, 2016, 01:58:53 am »

Get up, grab the golf club with the healthy arm, attack NAV with his own weapon. Try to invent golf-fu while doing so.   
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 11, 2016, 02:01:51 am »

Well. This has gone pear shaped really quickly. Well I think I have a couple potential plans for this, no matter how stupid they might be.

So how bad are those cuts on my arm and neck? The neck one I'm worried about most, especially given the mention of blood loss.

Also wait a sec, I'm totally carrying the toolbox somehow aren't I? I guess I assume its strapped to my armor or something. It looks like I have it anyway, as I brought it to the market with me.

Anyway I'm probably as good as dead here, and I doubt that regen mattered on a 3v2 roll. I assume it just grazed the skin or something. Sometimes that's just how the dice fall. Don't think I'm giving up so easily though.

In hindsight I really should have looked for some usable items at the market.  Look at all the money I've got burning a hole through my pocket.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Nunzillor

« Reply #558 on: February 11, 2016, 02:05:26 am »

Wait patiently.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 11, 2016, 02:13:30 am »

Okay, now take him out through a neck snap, brutal, I know, but hopefully that gives me the 2+ to assasination.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 11, 2016, 03:52:03 am »

Rip the gun out of Person's hands, but before he can try to grab another one, continue the assault on the weak points in his armor, with extra priority on the neck wound, with my Katana.

This fight is awesome! Two Wiki-Warriors, neck and neck! ...No pun intended.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 11, 2016, 04:37:41 am »

It really is a good fight. I wasn't really optimistic about my chances if I ever had to fight you but this is surprisingly even. I mean I'm still losing, but not as badly as I thought I would, given that I expected to get one hit killed. Turns out armor is a lot stronger than I thought.

You might have actually been better off throwing a javelin or two as a sneak attack, but ah well. Odds are the only reason I had the slightest chance here is that I rolled well to enough spot you.

By the way, I'm not basing my strategy on your posts at all. Just thought I'd say that given that I've always ended up posting after you. My sleep cycle is AWFUL at times. I've got like two plans here that depend on how bad TCM says my injuries really are.

Anyway, even if I lose this, I'm damn well going to damage your gear as much as possible. I was actually extremely relieved that I broke your helmet first, though that lessened considerably when you returned the favor. Severely tempted to throw my broken helmet at you and see if that works.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 11, 2016, 06:55:31 am »

((Gah, sorry for not posting))

Take a lighter when the shopkeeper is not looking. Leave.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 11, 2016, 09:20:53 am »

"You can have your ten minutes after you reincarnate!"
For the Kaurava people smash a bottle of altbier over Hawk's head and then stab him with the broken bottle
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 11, 2016, 10:30:19 am »

"No, I'll have my ten minutes after I kill you."

Whack NAV with the riot gun's stock, once he tries to close in with the bottle.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 11, 2016, 10:35:52 am »

@Person: Neither wounds would be that bad on their own, but the fact that there are two of them compounds the problem. The neck wound is fairly wide but not deep, so it's about equal in severity to the arm gash with the same amount of bleeding from both. (While your arm is bleeding,  the armor prevented the blade from doing nerve or bone damage.) The effects won't be immediate, but you're going to need medical help within the next couple turns.
As for the fight, I honestly thought you would have the advantage with firearms and military bonuses, but Greatness's Samurai/Regen combo is surprisingly clutch. Still, even if regeneration is OP to some level, you can't regen a burst of bullets to the brain or getting decapitated, among other things; regen fixes injuries, not death.

((Gah, sorry for not posting))

Take a lighter when the shopkeeper is not looking. Leave.

No problem, you're not in combat so it isn't a big deal.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 11, 2016, 10:38:23 am »

go to the tournament win due to MY training then go on that date and with the money I won start campaigning.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 11, 2016, 10:38:41 am »

Not only one, but two epic duels, and one of them is a threeway!

Huzzah!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 11, 2016, 11:34:25 am »

I'd like to waitlist
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 11, 2016, 01:49:14 pm »

Block attacks with my PPSh, and get out my pistol with my left hand. Keep firing with that.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 97