Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 153483 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 46 - The Great Escape
« Reply #960 on: April 10, 2016, 05:39:17 pm »

@TCM: That makes a lot of sense, and is a good idea. I mean, imagine if someone like Execute, or Urist (or me) wins, and then picks something like Hoth, during The Empire Strikes Back. That would change a lot of things about the game, and has a lot of opportunities for allies.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: April 10, 2016, 05:42:24 pm »

I would always have GM Discretion in case someone was all like "I choose the Wikia for a show/game/book where every article is based around a super strong character or item", in which case it would be denied.

I do think, in the support of Choose a Location as a reward, I think it would much more interesting than a single person getting a single article, as picking a single location could change the entire outcome of a game. Note that this would include fictional locations as well.
Choose a Location's potential is incredible. Seriously, it basically allows you to pick any video game location, as well as major locations from many other popular pieces of media. Off the top of my head:

- the International Space Station
 - the Moon
 - Mt. Everest
 - the White House
 - the Overworld (Minecraft)
 - Hell (Dwarf Fortress)
 - Level 1-1 (Mario)
 - Mt. Moon (Pokemon)
 - Past Chaos Shrine (Final Fantasy I)

(For this list, I assumed that the location you picked would also determine the world—that is, picking Level 1-1 would cause the game to be set in the Mushroom Kingdom, rather than on Earth.)

Fake-edit: It was also made with the assumption that you could select locations from all wikis, rather than just Wikipedia.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: April 10, 2016, 05:46:06 pm »

Your assumptions would be correct.

Also, EP, are you planning to post an action?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: April 10, 2016, 05:49:46 pm »

Your assumptions would be correct.

Also, EP, are you planning to post an action?
Yes—I had typed one up last turn and forgotten to post it, and was seeing if I could find it. Looks like it's lost, though, so I need to retype a sentence. The horror!

Thank the man for giving me back my horse. Ride off to a nearby town—one that is neither the refugees' destination nor Aztec Death Zone.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: April 10, 2016, 07:24:28 pm »

siphon gas from the car to the truck then drive to the wrecked car then check damage of plane engine if usable load on to pickup either way drive back to the airport where I parked my racecar.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: April 11, 2016, 12:54:51 am »

Awww, no articles? I guess that makes sense, but still.
Okay, reload my weapon, then fly back and command the warriors to drag back Hawk's body to me then loot it, specifically, the handgun, AR15 and clips, take the guns, then get everyone to retreat back to the portal, and get the Aztecs to retreat to areas that a car would have trouble driving through, places with lots of pillars, or building with good coverage, anything will do, then give the AR-15 and clips to Yuri, fly him up to the roof a buiding that gives a good line of sight to most areas surrounding the portal, put him on sniper duty.
Finally, start messing with NAV and co. via death-from-above shooting fun times.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: April 11, 2016, 01:00:26 am »

It must have gotten left out, but I'm sure I got an article for you. Oh well, I'll get you a new one tommorow.

Also, when you say have the Aztecs retreat to the portal, do you mean around the area the portal is or through the portal itself?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: April 11, 2016, 01:03:23 am »

It must have gotten left out, but I'm sure I got an article for you. Oh well, I'll get you a new one tommorow.

Also, when you say have the Aztecs retreat to the portal, do you mean around the area the portal is or through the portal itself?
Heh, I actually made the action specify that they would go through the portal before I decided against it, since they wouldn't be much help there and I don't wanna be killed without at least using my several thousand strong army.
But yeah, the area around the portal.
Alan help.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: April 11, 2016, 10:13:37 am »

Choosing a location is definitely something I approve of.

Retreat to the tent I was at before, un-jamming my pistol as I go.

I'll take a tie, that works. (Say, how abstracted away is our need to eat or drink. Just wondering if you actually keep track of that sort of thing. Its been awhile in game since the start of the battle.)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: April 11, 2016, 11:26:40 am »

Added in Execute's new article.

I'll take a tie, that works. (Say, how abstracted away is our need to eat or drink. Just wondering if you actually keep track of that sort of thing. Its been awhile in game since the start of the battle.)

I always figured it was assumed that during the lulls in the battles, like people just spending their turns moving from spot A to B, it could be inferred that all the essentials were happening, like eating or using the bathroom, etc. I'll probably only bring in eating/drinking needs if its a certain scenario where it would be a specific problem, like someone trying to cross a desert or tundra on foot.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 11:29:38 am by TCM »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: April 11, 2016, 12:02:22 pm »

Makes sense. (I swear I'm going to get back to the battlefield some time soon, and when it happens your avatar is going to be very appropriate.)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: April 11, 2016, 12:21:34 pm »

"My Bullets will Taste the Blood of my enemies and my wheels will Bathe in it!"

Crush the Aztec army beneath my tires. And shoot at the flying one.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 47: Yuri the Untouchable
« Reply #972 on: April 13, 2016, 11:54:03 pm »

Round 47: Yuri the Untouchable
Weather Conditions: Snow (12.5 inches)
Time: Early Afternoon

High tyrol siphons the gas from the wrecked car to the pickup truck. (10) Tyrol uses her hat as a basin to pour the gasoline out into, an unorthodox method, but it works and she manages to fill the truck up with an entire tank! (+Pickup Truck [Superficial Damage], Cowboy Hat now [Soaked in Gasoline]) She drives her new ride back to the site of her plane crash where she briefly exits to check on the plane's engine. Opening the plane up, (8) she sees that the engine has been jostled around but is still in perfectly operational conditions. She pulls it out, (Strength: 2-2) and drops it on the ground, actually breaking it this time. With this new development, she finally abandons her plane and drives off in her truck towards the airport. [Will arrive in the airport next turn.]

FallacyofUrist scans the battlefield for a worth opponent, one that isn't about to be killed off by an Aztec army anyways. (5) It looks like from where she is right now, the only options are some people riding around in a car shooting at Aztecs and the people leading the Aztecs themselves. Actually, besides this current battle, it looks like the town is pretty much dead, with a lack of people in most areas, meaning the other Wiki-Warriors must have gone somewhere. Maybe if Fallacy checks the peripheries of the town she might have better luck than on the inside...

Person backs away from the hostile canine tent, sword still pointed at the entrance, but none of the dogs come back out. In the clear for at least a moment, Person runs back to the tent he was in, hunkering down inside and putting his sword away, swapping it for his pistol which he (8 = Success) is able to unjam. He is now armed with a two-shot gun and in a defensible position, still facing wounds and possibly still at odds with a pack of feral dogs.

"My Bullets will Taste the Blood of my enemies and my wheels will Bathe in it!" NAV invigorates himself with a speech loaded with some strange usage of capitalization. (4+2 vs. 1) The sports car turns around and makes a line drive at the Aztecs, who are still having difficulty comprehending the speed of a motorized vehicle, and thus do not react fast enough. The vehicle's bumper and hood are stained with blood as eight Jaguar Warriors are rammed at high speed, tossing them aside and leaving them either dead or crippled. NAV considers giving his whip (car) a red paint job as he leans out the window and attempts to take down Execute, waiting for him to take flight once again.

Execute reloads his Conquistador's Pistol as he shouts to his troops on the front line, "Jaguars! Bring me that body!" A group of them pick up Hawk and pull him towards Execute, who cringes as he watches an entire squadron get destroyed under the wheels of NAV's sport car. Hawk's body is dumped in front of Execute, desecrated the point of unrecognizability, and the Aztec deity retrieves the weaponry from it, (+AR15 Assault Rifle, +Police Pistol, +Ammunition). Before he leaves, he orders the Aztecs to retreat to some buildings nearby and take cover within them, which they do. "Yuri, with me!" Execute throws the AR15 at Yuri, who catches it and then jumps into Execute's arms as Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal takes off!
Execute flies towards the roof of a two-story office building, the highest in the area, when NAV preemptively spots him! (1 vs. 2) A quick burst of bullets catches the air around Execute and Yuri, but it misses either of them. When they reach the rooftop, Yuri leans on the edge and uses it to prop up his gun, sniper style. Meanwhile, Execute dives for NAV's car, shooting at it with his new modern gun. (7 vs. 3) Execute sprays the front of the car and breaks through the front windshield with a series of shots, one of which hits NAV in the chest! The bullet tears through some arteries, but fortunately for NAV, misses any vital organs. [This results in 'Serious' bleeding, in between 'Moderate' and 'Severe' bleeding. Left unattended, this a single Seriously Bleeding wound can kill you, though it takes about 6-8 turns, as opposed to a Severely Bleeding wound which takes around 3-4 turns.)

"NO! ...N-No...Hey, driver. ...You wanna go bowling?" NAV is already on the gas before Greatness finishes his suggestion, the car plowing through rows of Aztecs. He takes this time to switch his rifle to a left-handed grip, which does stabilize it somewhat; this preoccupation prevents him from seeing Execute swoop down and shoot into the car. Greatness panickedly aims his gun out where the front windshield once was, trying to shoot Execute down before he flies away again. (2-1 vs. 3) Greatness takes five quick shots which results in five quick misses. He leans back in his seat and curses as Execute flies off again, unharmed.
Greatness's stomach wound completely heals.

Abstract takes Autumn out on the New York City streets to go exploring. There is a lot of traffic and angry drivers, shady restaurants around, drunk people yelling aimlessly and a pack of drug addicts who beg them for money. What a nice part of NYC they moved to.

Twinwolf leads her band of Patriots down the road until they close in on the Aztecs, from an angle that they are not paying attention to. As the whole army runs for cover on Execute's order, Twinwolf signals for a surprise attack. (10 vs. 4) As the Aztecs rush past, they are flanked by semi-automatic pistol fire, cutting their numbers down as the four men combine their fire to take out 14 Aztecs, a sizable blow to Execute's forces. The survivors do not retaliate, instead focusing on getting to the buildings that Execute indicated first.

Elephant Parade thanks the policeman for returning his horse and then rides off in a direction both away from the battleground of Denmark or the refugee haven of Green Bay. He rides west until he passes a sign welcoming him into a town called Glenmore, with a total population of just over 1000. It's less populous and dense than Denmark, and looks like it's mainly an agricultural community. The only area which could be called urban is a strip of stores that Elephant sees in the middle of town, containing things like a gas station, a restaurant/bar and a farming equipment store.

The Aztecs left alive in the wake of the recent vehicular manslaughter/pistol flanking combination take cover in the stores on the main street of Denmark, including places like a bakery, a military recruiting office and an insurance building. The Aztecs are now less excited and energetic about fighting, especially following their recent heavy losses. (Morale Bonus Nullified) From the front of the store, a few archers attempt potshots at NAV's car. It turns out they are now too far from the car to hit it, at the same time, NAV would have to come closer to attack them properly, though the range on Greatness's rifle might allow him to land some solid hits.
While Twinwolf's Patriots are celebrating their recent victory over the Aztecs, Yuri is lining up some shots with his scope. (2 vs. 3) The celebrations are interrupted as a burst of bullets strike the ground near the men. "Hey, one of those Aztec guys is on the roof!" He points at Yuri, who ducks for cover. (6 vs. 8+2) Several shots are fired at Yuri, but none hit due to the combination of his cover and his defensive advanatage of being so much higher up.
17 Aztec reinforcements come through the portal, and are accompanied by the 26 that Execute sent in to retrieve more weapons, which they now have.

The Sunset Invasion:
Leaders: Execute, Yuri
Active: 45 (+43)
Casualties: 85

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TinFoilTopHat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 47 - Yuri the Untouchable
« Reply #973 on: April 14, 2016, 01:17:11 am »

Indicate the new Aztecs to move over to the defensive position, with the soldiers carrying the new weapons to be evenly split between the buildings where the Aztecs are positioned, hopefully the rifles would have good enough range, though they are not to expose themselves in any way, Yuri, keep firing, give a demoralising speach to Twinwolfs followers, if it works or not, fly down the side of the building all the enemies aren't at, then swing around to continue harrasing our friends Nav and Greatness.
((I'm starting to think Yuri is the real god now.))
Alan help.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 47 - Yuri the Untouchable
« Reply #974 on: April 14, 2016, 01:48:39 am »

"NAV, continue with the Bowling. I need to take down the flying one. If he's a God of some sort, then I'll make him bleed.

Attempting to work through the pain, I'll aim and fire at Execute and Yuri. Then, fire at the mob of Aztecs, before taking cover and reloading.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 97