Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 854224 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #180 on: February 10, 2016, 12:35:26 am »

Dude, that's what I'm telling you: The idea of introversion and extraversion being two ends of a spectrum is a fad - at least in the form that's currently popular. A more solid analysis of human behaviour probably would start by identifying introvert and extravert behaviours, and then trying to describe with what regularities these beviours occur in different people. Maybe then we'd get some useful results from our new nomenclature instead of just the labels 'introvert' and 'extravert'.

I wager we'd arrive at some sort of 'capacity for social behaviour' that everyone has, but whose size and speed of regeneration varies from person to person. We'd need some empirical work to see whether this is a fruitful approach though.
We'd probably also need a 'capacity for being alone' in order to make it work (i do know at least one guy who has explicitly stated that he needs other people to "recharge"), but i can totally see what you're on about, with it being more than a one-dimensional spectrum. I don't actually care that much about it, it's just easier to say "i'm introverted" than it is to say "i have a low capacity for social behaviour but i'll be fine after a few hours by myself", since it basically confers the same information. :v
This reminds me of an info bit I posted about a (long) while ago. :P

Also it's less of a fad and more on common (mis?)conception of what introversion and extroversion is. The whole history of how these things develop and are constructed are somewhere in my many notebooks...somewhere. But yeah. Notes.

Though basically Introvert nowadays mean 'I feel rested and energized when I'm alone, doing my things by myself, thinking and listening to my thoughts[...]'. Which can basically apply to anyone. :P

And to make my post relevant: I seriously wish Psychology was a general subject with invested interest everywhere -.- The things you can learn...mmph.
Also pretty sad that despite the clarity and insight I (and others) may have, words fumble in delivery. GAH, YOU, SOCIAL ANXIETY!~
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 12:38:14 am by Tiruin »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 10, 2016, 04:25:32 am »

The snow from today didn't really stick around.

At least you had snow. I've only seen snow once in my life: it was also artificial and and I was too young to remember :'(
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 10, 2016, 06:39:00 am »

Dude, that's what I'm telling you: The idea of introversion and extraversion being two ends of a spectrum is a fad - at least in the form that's currently popular. A more solid analysis of human behaviour probably would start by identifying introvert and extravert behaviours, and then trying to describe with what regularities these beviours occur in different people. Maybe then we'd get some useful results from our new nomenclature instead of just the labels 'introvert' and 'extravert'.

I wager we'd arrive at some sort of 'capacity for social behaviour' that everyone has, but whose size and speed of regeneration varies from person to person. We'd need some empirical work to see whether this is a fruitful approach though.
We'd probably also need a 'capacity for being alone' in order to make it work (i do know at least one guy who has explicitly stated that he needs other people to "recharge"), but i can totally see what you're on about, with it being more than a one-dimensional spectrum. I don't actually care that much about it, it's just easier to say "i'm introverted" than it is to say "i have a low capacity for social behaviour but i'll be fine after a few hours by myself", since it basically confers the same information. :v
This reminds me of an info bit I posted about a (long) while ago. :P

Also it's less of a fad and more on common (mis?)conception of what introversion and extroversion is. The whole history of how these things develop and are constructed are somewhere in my many notebooks...somewhere. But yeah. Notes.

Though basically Introvert nowadays mean 'I feel rested and energized when I'm alone, doing my things by myself, thinking and listening to my thoughts[...]'. Which can basically apply to anyone. :P

And to make my post relevant: I seriously wish Psychology was a general subject with invested interest everywhere -.- The things you can learn...mmph.
Also pretty sad that despite the clarity and insight I (and others) may have, words fumble in delivery. GAH, YOU, SOCIAL ANXIETY!~

I'm convinced that if psychology, philosophy and history received some more attention at schools there would be a lot less stupid people. Or... I suppose less not-actually-that-stupid people thinking stupid things due to a lack of understanding and a lack of practice in thinking in general.

I suppose I'll make that the sad of this posts. Especially philosophy and history are often met with undisguised disdain, even though its impossible to properly make sense of what happens in the world without them.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 10, 2016, 07:25:15 am »

My feet are sore from shopping.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 10, 2016, 07:27:19 am »

My feet are sore from shopping.
This sounds like a good problem to have :P

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 10, 2016, 07:58:45 am »

So I just showed a friend a drawing I made a few months ago. It was really spooky and kinda creepy, so I don't know why I bothered showing it. Now I'm filled with anxiety that she might think I'm really weird. (Not in the good way.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #186 on: February 10, 2016, 08:48:01 am »

Eh, a few people have seen some of my spoopy drawings in meatspace, apparently that didn't have a noticable effect on what they think of me (though admittedly you are better at both drawing and spooping than me :v). With that said, i can TOTALLY relate to that kind of anxiety, it's basically what i've been struggling with for years. :c

also i'm still sick blaugh

Only a mild sad though, because it seems like i've gotten a discount flu instead of the full power version. Both mom and my brother were a LOT worse off than i am here at day 2 of the sickness, with them being basically bedridden all day (and the following two days). I'm not exactly a spring hare right now (terrible night), but i do have enough juice to go about most of my usual routines.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 10, 2016, 09:55:09 am »

Uh-oh, it's almost 1 AM and it looks like I'm gonna be sitting here listening to sad/bittersweet songs for a long while yet.
Not even sure what sparked this sudden melancholy feeling. Oh well my sleep pattern wasn't going to survive the weekend anyway, I guess I'll start rebuilding it after that. Probably.

Get well soon, Shook!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 10, 2016, 09:57:46 am »

discount flu.

This made me better. Thanks, bro! :)
Dying of laughter?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 10, 2016, 11:10:37 am »

I'm so tired of being alive.

I should probably post this in the sad thread, but people are discussing actual problems there right now.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 10, 2016, 11:39:09 am »

I should probably post this in the sad thread, but people are discussing actual problems there right now.
Being tired of living is up there, if that matters >____>
Do you have someone to talk to about it?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 10, 2016, 11:42:08 am »

You and me both.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 10, 2016, 12:18:13 pm »

You and me both.

And how.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #193 on: February 10, 2016, 06:03:58 pm »

Being alive is pretty exhausting. Sometimes the best thing to do is load up a big plate of food and start a K-On marathon.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #194 on: February 10, 2016, 07:16:02 pm »

discount flu.

This made me better. Thanks, bro! :)
yer welcome bro <3

Uh-oh, it's almost 1 AM and it looks like I'm gonna be sitting here listening to sad/bittersweet songs for a long while yet.
Not even sure what sparked this sudden melancholy feeling. Oh well my sleep pattern wasn't going to survive the weekend anyway, I guess I'll start rebuilding it after that. Probably.

Get well soon, Shook!
thanks bro <3

I can relate to that kind of sudden melancholy, sometimes i just kind of want to sit there and be pitiful while listening to sad music. Also, good luck with the sleep schedule. :v

also i've been koffing all day and it's fucking annoying for both me and my lethargic brother who was TRYING to sleep the illness away

soon i will evolve to weezing because my voice is already heading that way

It actually just feels more like a cold than a flu right now, because my nose is running faster than Usain Bolt and my abs are getting a hella workout from all this coughing, and that's pretty much it. Here's hoping it'll be better tomorrow, and/or that i can sleep properly without suddenly waking up due to my body trying to drown me in sweat or feeling like my liver just shifted within my torso (godawful feeling, though it was probably just my bowels). Also, my butt is getting sore from all this sitting around all day. :<
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 778