Add Ogre Tribes - done
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 31, 2012, 09:54:22 am

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41

Author Topic: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1  (Read 108386 times)

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
Re: fans and modders requested for a Warhammer TC - Alpha RELEASED
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2011, 01:14:14 pm »

Your starting civ likely spawned in a glacier or a tundra. Since chaos warriors don't have underground farming and there can't Be aboveground crops in glaciers for gen purposes, you won't be able to embark with plant products like that. Just like how you sometimes cannot make highboots as dwarves if your home civ can't. Glacier would also explain the blizzard man as a pet option. The only way to make chaos able to have juggernauts/horrors/etc was to make them evil pets, which means you could take other evil beings as pets in your home civ area. The issue is that the game doesn't assign most creatures pet values, so when they become available as pets, they are almost free.
yeah, must be the reason. DF never fails to surprise me even after those years.

Also most of the magic items from the armybook is ready but I'm not sure how to add them. There are three options:
a) Blessed Lake - throw a normal weapon into a workshop and have a chance it gets magical or lose said weapon (easiest),
b) Enchanted  Forge - custom recipes for each item using bones, gold bars and other stuff (will take a long time),
c) Mood - buff them even more and leave as mood only stuff (very, very rare).

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: fans and modders requested for a Warhammer TC - Alpha RELEASED
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2011, 01:30:43 pm »

Hey sorry to be a pain again, however is your download link in the opening post the new download link as i tried it again, and it does not seem to contain the slayers. Again great mod keep up the good work and sorry for bothering.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: fans and modders requested for a Warhammer TC - V0.1c
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2011, 02:02:35 pm »

FIXED
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

EggFibre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2011, 02:14:16 pm »

Here are the raws fir the ogres. Adapt and use as you see fit.

Civ Raws
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ogre Creature Raws

Please feel free to change them at your will. I'm sure they're not perfect, though they'll probably need bugfixing anyway. Much of the stuff in the Civ raws are designed for use with Ogres as the playable race, but I'm sure they'll actually run better as neutral opposition.

I'll also post raws for other custom creatures after this (post too large) to be implimented in any way you see fit.

EggFibre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2011, 02:16:24 pm »

Here is the code for Rhinox, Gnoblars and Sabretusks. I'm not sure how to make it so only Ogres may use them, but I'll leave that to more experienced Modders to figure out.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2011, 03:00:22 pm »

if you want to do them buy yourself, don't worry, you don't need to rush at anything, if you want a hand just ask, here some hints

about the ogre raws, in warhammer ogres use almost no medical treatment so i think you should remove infections, and secondary, their skin is way thicker than human one (an empire phisiologist who dissected an ogre said it was more like tanned leather) and their bones are harder.
don't get me bad i don't want to cause ruckus, those are just some suggestions, but humans,beastmen and chaotic followers use neraly the same  tissue structure (twisted or not) but ogres are definetly harder to cut.
second check the biomes, city cap values, and especially the ethics
third: Clubs, clubs, clubs... and the occasional gnoblar could be implemented as third caste(insted of pet) that will do most of the jobs
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 03:34:52 pm by Krantz86 »
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)

Isa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2011, 03:48:42 pm »

Will you add Slaaneshi, Tzeentchian, Nurglite and Khornate chaos factions?

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2011, 09:43:54 pm »

Will you add Slaaneshi, Tzeentchian, Nurglite and Khornate chaos factions?

Didn't want to carve them up. But all of those gods have good representation in my mod--ie. champions of each god and super-nasty weaponry for each as well as pets like Juggernauts, and Horrors (minus Slaanesh, they don't have pets yet). If you want, you could be really evil and cull all the ones belonging to a different faction.

Also, I saw that the Ogres thought eating fallen enemies was unthinkable... Pretty sure that's like their forte. Maybe change that?

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2011, 10:05:30 pm »

I'm beginning work on the chaos dwarfs. They should be ready to siege some dawi in some form by the next few days. I think I will implement the inferno and the hell-cannon for some special creatures and mrtspence I may borrow a few weapons and ideas from your chaos warriors so CD's have some coherency with the others forces. Is that ok?

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2011, 08:20:44 am »

I'm beginning work on the chaos dwarfs. They should be ready to siege some dawi in some form by the next few days. I think I will implement the inferno and the hell-cannon for some special creatures and mrtspence I may borrow a few weapons and ideas from your chaos warriors so CD's have some coherency with the others forces. Is that ok?

Ya, for sure. Just give me credit for the stuff you take and we're golden :D

I look forward to seeing how you do the artillery. The Hellcannon especially would lend itself well to being a creature. I'd be happy to take a crack at it if you don't want to, sounds like fun!

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2011, 10:02:48 am »

just a thing, i've alredy readied in a shelf the gunpowder and Bugman's beer ideas but i have to ask your opnion on this,
i always wanted to make trading more important so i thought about setting some stuff as import only, as you pèrobably know the XXX+ is a limited production beer so as dwarves we can't break laws by producing the Bugman's nectar right?

btw i just released the new patched version (0.2a):
Slayers fixed: Trollslayers and Daemonslayers (with corrected airstyle)
                      above mentioned guys learn military skills at twice the normal rate but won't gain skillpoints in armor/shiled nor with undwarvish weapons
various minor tweaks

link to v0.2a
i hope you'll like tha changes Krantz

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2011, 10:07:53 am »

@mrtspence, its not just hell cannons, bull centaurs will also make an aperance giving some access to truly punishing weapons.

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2011, 11:49:35 am »

@mrtspence, its not just hell cannons, bull centaurs will also make an aperance giving some access to truly punishing weapons.

Bull centaurs? I'm not familiar. I suppose it's because I started playing the tabletop after Chaos Dwarves had already vanished into legend as an actual army. Could you elaborate?

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2011, 01:41:12 pm »

Bull centaurs? I'm not familiar. I suppose it's because I started playing the tabletop after Chaos Dwarves had already vanished into legend as an actual army. Could you elaborate?

Picture

In general:

Chaos Dwarves were generally mutated in one of three ways:
“Chaos Dwarf” – their lower canines lengthened and broadened into stubby tusks, and their minds were turned to cruelty and dark pride.
“Bull Centaur” – as well as growing tusks, their lower bodies warped into those of red-furred bulls, making them like the Centigor of the Beastmen (Centaurs). These dwarves became particularly savage and bloodthirsty, although they retained their warped intelligence.
“Lammasu” – losing all semblance of dwarf-kind, these were probably runesmiths or other wielders of magic to begin with, and were warped into vast, sorcerous beasts with black-furred bull bodies, the wings of a gigantic bat, and the grossly distorted and charcoal-skinned face of a Chaos Dwarf. They breathe Dark Magic, and while they are no longer truly sentient, manipulation of the Dark Winds is second nature to them.

from: http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/Warhammer_Palace/index.php?showtopic=7304

Think angry dwarves who are also cavalry. They can wield great weapons.

** Edit/Update: The Chaos Dwarves are the proud owners of a whopping eight castes, 2 hoofed and non-hoofed "normal" dwarves. 2 Lammasu "noble beasts" and male-only sorcerers and bull centaurs. Body Raws for everyone!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:03:48 pm by Black_Legion »

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: fans and modders requested for a Warhammer TC - V0.2a
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2011, 04:06:25 pm »

the (planned) addon of CD made me think, i'm planning to add a whole array of import-only products and changes:
Gunpowder, Bugman's Beer, more....

every dwarven fan knows that no self respectiong dwarf would walk outside a karak without a proper preparations but dwarves can't also break traditions so i would feel strange to see dwarves forging cannons and using the guild's(engineers) secrets openly on a outpost, so i was thinking on creating a new dwarven workshop INSERTNAME where dwarves can get some gear that is lore-friendly:
examples of the stuff i plan (already available on adventure mode for testing pourposes):

-Dwarven Masks like Iron Breaker's ones - mask that protects face, throat and most importantly beard!

-Dwarven Coats - in various stories i read dwarves who work outside commonly wear some sort of chainmail, and the dwarven coat disguise it cleverly, ingame they're chainmails with a dress style coverage(but they don't allow plated armor)

-Drills(planned but not added) - lateley dwarven miners often use alchool-powered drills to dig fast throught stone
-i'd like to add mine carts but is impossible

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41