Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Blank Plays: Recettear: an item shops tale!  (Read 3496 times)

Blankdoor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blank Plays
Blank Plays: Recettear: an item shops tale!
« on: January 01, 2014, 10:28:01 am »

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale is a Japanese indie (doujin) game developed by EasyGameStation that combines RPG-style shopkeeping with dungeon-crawling.  In Recettear, you play as a young girl named Recette Lemongrass whose father has vanished and left her with a substantial debt. Luckily, Tear, the fairy representative of the Terme Finance Company who comes to collect her debt, is somewhat lenient -- and, with her help, Recette opens an item shop named Recettear to begin the difficult task of earning enough money to chip away at her debt.

You can get your own items by buying low and selling high in the shops, or by exploring dungeons in an attempt to acquire expensive items from monsters and treasure chests.

Either way, get the money!

Blank Plays: Recettear an item shops tale - Episode 1 - free bread!

So we kick off this ride with some overly long tutorials (the joy) as well as completing the first day! We sell walnut bread, it's pretty intense!

~Blank
I'mma Let's Player as well, just a not very popular one: http://www.youtube.com/user/blankdoor

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Plays: Recettear: an item shops tale!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 02:18:27 pm »

This game is awesome, following.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 04:48:57 am »

CAPITALISM, HO!

ptw

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 05:40:40 am »

I recall watching this for the first time all the way through with Grimith and Lethalfeline.

I think another full LP is in order~

PTW

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 12:03:23 pm »

Watching these posts.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 03:19:09 pm »

Can I just say that "Recettear" is pronounced with a hard "c", like a k sound? Tear mentions at one point that it sounds awfully close to "Racketeer". With the aside of that note this seems pretty good. If I remember I'll be keeping an eye on this.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Blankdoor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blank Plays
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 03:12:12 pm »

The tutorials are nearly done and money making will commence!

Blank Plays: Recettear an item shops tale - Episode 2 - Abandonment ho!

Though Recette's past is all but a bit glum, though we now have an item shop and a future to look forwards too! Loan Sharks, giving unemployed children career opportunities! Wait a second, does school even exist in this world? Another thing to add to the unanswered questions list!

Can I just say that "Recettear" is pronounced with a hard "c", like a k sound? Tear mentions at one point that it sounds awfully close to "Racketeer". With the aside of that note this seems pretty good. If I remember I'll be keeping an eye on this.

I know, but I think it's become a bit of a thing to mock the title of the game a tad, though you are right, hence the pun it is a hard 'c'.

I recall watching this for the first time all the way through with Grimith and Lethalfeline.

I think another full LP is in order~

PTW

I'm glad you enjoyed it, I thought I'd picked one hell of a game for them to play, then remembered how awesome it was myself xD

~Blank
I'mma Let's Player as well, just a not very popular one: http://www.youtube.com/user/blankdoor

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 03:17:46 pm »

Wait a second, does school even exist in this world?

Given the time period this game takes place in. School does exist but you have to pay for it and if there is a free school it is only for very young children.

Though for children tutoring and apprenticeship is more common.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 01:09:59 pm »

Ah, I remember playing this one a couple years ago. It is great fun.

Blankdoor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blank Plays
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 01:25:09 pm »

We meet Louie! So soon we get to start dungeoneering soon, and then the fun begins!

Blank Plays: Recettear an item shops tale - Episode 3 - Sandal Store!

So we pass the day by going through a few tutorials don't worry those will stop happening (eventually)! We get the ability to buy from customers, which is a feature so broken I hate it! So essentially we are going to annoy every customer ever by refusing to buy form them, unless the deal is to great to pass up that is!

Wait a second, does school even exist in this world?

Given the time period this game takes place in. School does exist but you have to pay for it and if there is a free school it is only for very young children.

Though for children tutoring and apprenticeship is more common.

I'm surprised that someone else actually has an answer for this! Now to guess if it's true :P

Ah, I remember playing this one a couple years ago. It is great fun.

It really is, I honestly wonder why they're aren't more games like this. There probably are, just never ported, which is a shame!

~Blank

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 06:12:27 am »

Anyone else find Recette's catchphrase of Capitalism Ho a little tongue in cheek considering Tear is basically pimping her services out forcing her to run an Item shop to repay a debt her father may or may not actually owe.

pimps refer to their girls as a ___ , so a ___ who's pimp is forcing them to run an Item shop would be a  ___ for Capitalism, thus Capitalism ___ .

Blankdoor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blank Plays
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 11:32:09 am »

This game must genuinely hate me!

Blank Plays: Recettear an item shops tale - Episode 4 - Capitalism Crashes

Now I thought I'd upload this rather than make you wait even long for the next installment, as all in the all the footage that works wasn't too shabby! So whilst I fix more problems (and not just Recette's massive debt) such as crashes, enjoy my ramblings!

Anyone else find Recette's catchphrase of Capitalism Ho a little tongue in cheek considering Tear is basically pimping her services out forcing her to run an Item shop to repay a debt her father may or may not actually owe.

pimps refer to their girls as a ___ , so a ___ who's pimp is forcing them to run an Item shop would be a  ___ for Capitalism, thus Capitalism ___ .

By that logic most employers would be Pimp's ergo I like it!

~Blank

Blankdoor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blank Plays
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 01:37:58 pm »

Ok, so it seems to be working for now.....

Blank Plays: Recettear an item shops tale - Episode 5 - Dungeoneering and Rambling

So I finished the first dungeon, which took way more effort than needed! I also got a load of useless items and sell them, normally dungeon drops are a little better, things such as iron amour and helms can be standard fair, even in the first dungeon, so we got a little unlucky on drops. Still we are only a few thousand pix off, which means we are making good times.

~Blank

Blankdoor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blank Plays
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2014, 01:10:16 pm »

We can pay off the first part of our loan! The joy, with a day to spare to!

Blank Plays: Recettear an item shops tale - episode 6 - Another day another dungeon

That and we should probably save that cat, though honestly if there are adventurers to spare they'll get it in no time. We also go through the hall of trials once more just to nab a little extra treasure for our efforts! Where I ramble about magic and poor maintenance on the halls themselves!

~Blank

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2014, 01:44:18 pm »

I don't think those rock falls are the building collapsing, they look nothing like what the floors and walls are made from for one.
and since that building is obviously maintained by the adventurers guild as a entry test and/or training ground those are probably dungeon keeper style traps.

you know a trapdoor opens in the ceiling dropping rocks on your head, then after you leave workers sweep the rocks out of the hall and refill the traps most likely with rocks that were not too badly broken in the fall.
it also means those monsters were ether captured or raised by the guild and specifically placed there for you to kill, that's why they are all the lowest level monsters and there is no "Boss" monster.

also I have to say so far you couldn't have gotten a better playlist for my tastes if you were specifically trying, in other words Subbed. :D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 01:48:15 pm by JackOSpades »
Pages: [1] 2