Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1220745 times)

sgt0pimienta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #1785 on: August 31, 2011, 03:57:27 pm »

HEres my FIRST draw your adventure drawing,also,please don't tell me it looks like a 5 yr old drew it,ts on purpose :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
By:
Bdthemag

Great, now thanks to Bay12 im going to go out and buy an old journal just to write occult information in it and pretend to be insane.[quote

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: August 31, 2011, 04:16:53 pm »

Man. I wish I could draw.
So. If anyone wants the details of this game of mine, they follow below. There has to be something good in here to draw:

My human adventurer, Zitha Freshsnacks, begins with a starting kingdom that has a capital across the ocean from the part of the civ he started in. I  find this out by talking to the local villagers: "the capital is not accessible from here". They do me the favour of drawing the capital on a map, however. Surrounded by black, farrrrr off the edge of anywhere I know.
To prepare for the journey to what I am dubbing his "ancestral home",  training to legendary biting, dodging, stealth +5 and all weapons classes to a decent level. Basically, a superhuman badass considered legendary by all who meet him, with the impressive title of Zitha Freshsnackes, the Enjoyment of Panting.

Finally ready, he starts to walk across the icepack of a narrow point in the sea (A day's walk). It melts halfway and he swims for his life, making it to shore something like 5 steps from it re-freezing. On the other side, all the people in the villages claim "they have no capital". And all the castles are filled with the berzerking naked wrestlers normally produced by a fallen civ that leaves populated forts behind.

After about a few days travelling even farther into the frozen south, the villages are now entirely empty of peasants, some lie in ruins, and things look pretty grim. THen at the far side of this new continent, nestled in the crook of a river is a tiny one travel tile castle (instead of the usual 9).  Zitha rushes inside with joy, only to find wrestlers pouring from the walls, streaming towards her. Dashing into the keep, a startling sight is revealed - one lone lawgiver, "Tamed Inizimel", fighting for his life against the mindless wrestlers. THis lone noble would surely have perished within the hour had not Inizimel made it to him in time.

I ask if I can be of service. "Oh! Yes! You have arrived just in time! I need you to go kill a dragon.". Not "Help! Help! Save me from these madmen!". Nope. Go away. Come back when you've killed a dragon.

Then the lawgiver, bruised and bloodied, dashes out the door to go kill more wrestlers, or die trying. I go to sleep, and wake up to the most scarred NPC I have yet to see in DF. no permanent injuries.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 04:22:20 pm by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: September 01, 2011, 08:02:00 am »

THE MIGHT URIST MCCOMICFACE STRIKES DOWN ON ALL MORTAL BEINGS THAT CROSS HIS PATH!

Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: September 01, 2011, 08:17:44 am »

Goblins are technically immortal...
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: September 01, 2011, 08:28:23 am »

Goblins are technically immortal...
Goblins and Elves do not die by old age, are they related? My guess is yes.

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: September 01, 2011, 09:29:23 am »

Typically how Boss-Knight's days play out....

Bonus-Later that same day
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Jashuir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: September 01, 2011, 12:35:15 pm »

From my most recent adventure.

My adventurer had his eyes gouged out in the middle of a battle.

Kay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: September 01, 2011, 11:54:18 pm »

I made some new vector art character templates in Inkscape, and decided to draw up some of my current adventurer's deeds.

So, below here lies the (heavily) dramaticized depiction of one of my Demigod adventurer's recent bandit takedowns.
Fun fact - I actually did take a surprise bolt to the leg from the crossbowman, at which point I took his crossbow and beat him half to death with it, finishing him off with my fist. I didn't depict how she then jumped on the guy with the silver hammer and pounded in his skull, though.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: September 02, 2011, 03:50:27 am »

Typically how Boss-Knight's days play out....

Bonus-Later that same day
Brilliant! Those are really funny :). Especially the giraffe neck.

You only made one mistake: witchhunters use crossbows.

I made some new vector art character templates in Inkscape, and decided to draw up some of my current adventurer's deeds.

So, below here lies the (heavily) dramaticized depiction of one of my Demigod adventurer's recent bandit takedowns.
Fun fact - I actually did take a surprise bolt to the leg from the crossbowman, at which point I took his crossbow and beat him half to death with it, finishing him off with my fist. I didn't depict how she then jumped on the guy with the silver hammer and pounded in his skull, though.

I'm digging the style! And the story of course :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: September 02, 2011, 08:14:36 am »

You will notice...it's ONLY the neck. No head on the end of that.

I like to think that Boss-Knight was using it as a floaty when he crossed the ocean....
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a turtle and a master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: September 02, 2011, 09:46:56 am »

Boss-Knight is truly awesome.

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: September 02, 2011, 03:17:29 pm »

Some more Boss-Knight

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: September 02, 2011, 09:37:57 pm »

I really like Boss-Knight.   :D  He reminds me of my friend, who I convinced to play Adventure Mode a few times. 
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: September 03, 2011, 06:59:42 am »

thanks Bodygripper. I actually only started doing these comics after laughing tremendously at your own, particularly the legends of Wiredust.

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: September 03, 2011, 09:45:59 am »

D-D-DOUBLE POST!

Also, Huge Boss-Knight Dump

Useless Stats

The Power of Divorce
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 365