Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1220596 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #2100 on: November 02, 2011, 04:46:55 pm »

Logrin that guy looks absolutely FABULOUS, not the kind of guy you'd expect to commit genocide. :P
Also, i wonder when Toady will implement more organ functions???

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On the other hand, always good to have more meatshield in your body. Can't have your lungs getting bruised, right?
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: November 02, 2011, 04:48:53 pm »

O.O That gives me an odd idea. I think after I get home later today I might try my hand at modding everything except the eyes, skin, and blood to have the stats of adamantine and see how long fights last when you can't injure any internal organs...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: November 02, 2011, 05:00:49 pm »

*fieldgoal*

I always thought it was odd how indestructible any bodypart with the [UPPERBODY] tag on it was.  I've seen dragons bite ducks in the upperbody and the ducks coming away from it with nothing more than a broken rib and some moderate bleeding, because the upperbody is just downright invincible.

I was recently going to mod in some little flying bat things that attack in swarms, then I realized that they are basically all upperbody and would be very hard to actually KILL because no matter how big you are compared to them, and how large your sword is compared to you, you can't destroy 90% of their bodymass.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: November 02, 2011, 05:10:01 pm »

hmm i seem to kill things only attacking the upper body plenty, its the lower body i have trouble actually killing anything with besides spilling and then removing the guts, and bisecting them completely. mostly blunt vs lower body = endless battle, gotta have some sort of edge in there or it will go on forever.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #2104 on: November 02, 2011, 05:26:07 pm »

Probably because the upper body is the actual creature "entity", and breaking it seems to cause technical issues, since i once had a clown crashing my game by having its tissue break off the upper body. Not to mention that dead creatures always seem to be missing it. (there's a comic idea, but alas, i have a............ BED to attend)
I'll be looking forward to the time where caving in chests becomes plausible again, though. Rib jammings are dandy and all, but you can't reliably get those silly ribs to poke out a vital organ with a blunt weapon.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: November 02, 2011, 07:24:15 pm »

Rib jammings are dandy and all, but you can't reliably get those silly ribs to poke out a vital organ with a blunt weapon.
I was about to agree with you, but then I had a sudden moment of clarity, and realized that doing so would make me a horrible person.  Then I got over it.  Well done Shook.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: November 02, 2011, 10:19:43 pm »

Well done indeed.

I was actually going to do that drawing igfig suggested despite Logrin ninja'ing me, and doing way better in the first place, before I'd even finished a rough pencil plan of the final product. Then a WILD-ASS English essay appeared and wasted all my time over the last week or so. I subsequently died a little inside. Mostly the artistic portion of me, to boot.

So that's my excuse. I was thinking about doing one from my own adventures - killing the dragon empress, in all it's bloody glory. I really felt bad for her, having to die so slowly and horribly. Hardly got 5-6 shots in on the three of us.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: November 03, 2011, 01:35:03 am »

*fieldgoal*

I thought he hit the post?

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: November 03, 2011, 02:04:07 am »

*fieldgoal*

I thought he hit the post?
It's dwarven football, of course. They're shortshaped differently, so they changed the rules a bit.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #2109 on: November 03, 2011, 03:23:55 pm »

Sorry for the crappy drawing. But it made no sense. I went back a bigger hero though.

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2en5obn.jpg
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

BranRhi

• Bay Watcher
  • In my other pants, theres a secret~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: November 03, 2011, 10:03:22 pm »

This kills a lot of my adventurers:

Just wanted to say that's some amazing artwork, have anymore?
I have a DREAM! where kobolds will be able to join hands with dwarf men and women as partners and lovers. And man, do I love imagining this dream again and again...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: November 04, 2011, 05:19:16 am »

This kills a lot of my adventurers:

Just wanted to say that's some amazing artwork, have anymore?

Look for the Elves of Amanereli in the Hall of Legends or in the Forum Games and Roleplaying sub-forum. Lotsa epic art there.

Oh and does anyone know a faster image upload site than photobucket? Hours to upload just ten pics...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: November 04, 2011, 08:36:42 am »

I really hope Dot man who dots the dot dot dot to the dot power with dot pie with dot icecream and dot cherries, isn't scared away from my criticism >_>

By all means I am a big meanie but I think people should mostly ignore my criticism.

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: November 04, 2011, 12:35:00 pm »

Time for an art dump!

Why there are Ghost Towns

Battle Cry

Big Giant Adventures

Legendary Pikeman

Extreamely Low Linguistics Ability

Bonus

What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: November 04, 2011, 06:46:09 pm »

Time for an art dump!

Why there are Ghost Towns

Battle Cry

Big Giant Adventures

Legendary Pikeman

Extreamely Low Linguistics Ability

Bonus

*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 365