Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1220619 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #4845 on: January 12, 2015, 06:16:03 pm »

How did you convince the game to allow you to reanimate teeth? Modify the bodypart to add the grasp tag?

Probably just a modded necromancy reaction.

FIT_FOR_ANIMATION and FIT_FOR_RESURRECTION are not actually needed for ANIMATE or RESURRECT interactions to work.  You can make an interaction that can animate any body part without a hassle, it'll just wind up being ridiculous when you're surrounded by an army of zombified fingers and teeth.

Resurrecting severed body parts works too, but the resurrected creature will be buggy.  For example, its name will be a blank space.
yeah that happens with reanimated bits also, especially when you mod in the ability for the dead to talk, they start out with no name so it's [TRANS_NAME] until it does something historic and earn a name, if said undead horribly dies then they lose the new name (since you're just stuffing a new soul into a dead corpse with each reanimation) so you could end up with 6 dead units for 1 corpse. if I did some DFhackFu I would had an reaction/dfhack spell that rez all dead zombie souls back to life duplicating the zombie horde.

though I need to see if Resurrection works on the player.

yeah it works but god knows getting Resurrection on a dwarf is hella tricky.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 06:26:12 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: January 12, 2015, 06:34:43 pm »

What I do to teach others spells is use a reaction that generates a boiling stone with a syndrome that gives those afflicted the spell desired. Can also use an interaction that sprays a cloud of syndrome vapor.

I tested it in the arena and it did some strange things; when resurrected, control would jump from the dead human I was controlling to the black mamba woman whose venom killed them. Did that happen in your tests?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: January 12, 2015, 07:28:39 pm »

What I do to teach others spells is use a reaction that generates a boiling stone with a syndrome that gives those afflicted the spell desired. Can also use an interaction that sprays a cloud of syndrome vapor.

I tested it in the arena and it did some strange things; when resurrected, control would jump from the dead human I was controlling to the black mamba woman whose venom killed them. Did that happen in your tests?
nah what happen was when I died it gave back control. though that could lead to some sweet magical spells, if you assign venom spit as a greeting thus making it non-aggro you could have the player die by venom but reincarnated as their killer give the name bloodbonding or mind melding.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: January 12, 2015, 10:15:25 pm »

My latest character, a man known only as Blackknight, is having fun with adventures in having no name.

That poor copypaste knight. Everybody greets him with how strange it is that his first name is " ".
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: January 13, 2015, 10:51:20 am »

*sigh*

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: January 13, 2015, 07:18:10 pm »

The Black Knight Part II: Adventures in Giant Leopard Decapitation
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: January 13, 2015, 08:04:21 pm »

The Black Knight Part II: Adventures in Giant Leopard Decapitation

That attack animation looks suspiciously close to Ike's Aether in Brawl/SSB4.
Compared with the fact that you're playing as the "black knight", an antagonist of Ike's...

u nerd lol

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: January 13, 2015, 08:15:36 pm »

i nerd lol

The original comic was going to be me just knocking the thing's head off in the first round of combat and quipping on how disproportionately easy that was, but the idea of this ultimate warrior guy throwing his sword into the air, catching it, and decapitating the beast was much more entertaining.

Spoiler: Just For Fun (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 08:22:28 pm by Tawarochir »

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: January 14, 2015, 08:35:50 pm »

Someone drew this for me.

Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • not for trees
« Reply #4854 on: January 15, 2015, 03:06:43 pm »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: January 15, 2015, 03:36:58 pm »

I'm basically visiting this thread only when 9dots posts. His specific technique and skill at drawings just pleases me and I don't know why. All hail hypnodots! :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: January 15, 2015, 05:31:25 pm »

So let me get this straight: you wandered out of the fortress into the mountains and encountered a very depressed goat?

It's perfect.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: January 18, 2015, 11:35:52 am »

I'm basically visiting this thread only when 9dots posts. His specific technique and skill at drawings just pleases me and I don't know why. All hail hypnodots! :P

qft.........ptw
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: January 21, 2015, 05:23:01 pm »

Technically a fort mode post, but loads of those end up here anyway.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • not for trees
« Reply #4859 on: January 27, 2015, 06:51:16 pm »

traveling bards
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 365