Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 395

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 481079 times)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #4545 on: June 10, 2022, 08:36:57 pm »

Sometimes dwarves might choke on the food they're eating. They can be helped by other dwarves, but this requires them to be in a hospital zone, so usually they end up suffocating while being dragged into the hospital.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: June 11, 2022, 01:10:35 am »

Sometimes dwarves go to their rooms and choke themselves for a bit then leave the room with happy thoughts, but sometimes they choke themselves to long and they die, this causes any dwarf that finds them dead like this to get even worse negative thoughts than they'd normally get.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: June 11, 2022, 11:37:46 am »

Put a crypto miner inside every pickaxe so that when dwarves mine, they mine.

(I think this is the first genuinely terrible suggestion in pages.)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: June 11, 2022, 05:35:49 pm »

Really? You think that's any worse than the multiple pay-to-play suggestions or the idea of "de-politicizing" DF by making it nothing more than a weapon-smithing simulator? :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: June 12, 2022, 01:28:11 am »

What about the suggestion about making the game more politically correct by basically deleting the entire thing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: June 12, 2022, 01:33:37 am »

What about reimplement the entire game in brainfuck?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: June 12, 2022, 01:38:51 am »

Are you looking forward to cleaning up after your complementary control rat?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: June 12, 2022, 01:39:05 am »

. . . the idea of "de-politicizing" DF . . .
How about hyper-politicizing DF?

* All DF gods are now named after existing (past or present) IRL deities.
* Every dwarf who migrates to your fort now has a line in their Thoughts screen that states where they emigrated from. All settlements in your civ are named after existing countries with low standards of living, and current fortress residents have loud and differing opinions on whether or not the fort should accept any (more) migrants from there.
* Some of your dwarves will protest the killing of goblins, saying it's unethical, and try to protect them.
* Other dwarves will try to outlaw certain medical practices, at least in a Hospital zone, forcing dwarves who need that procedure to get it done in somebody's bedroom.
* Every type of food or drink is of a different gender. Dwarves will only consume food or beverages with which they are sexually compatible.
* All goods obtained through trade are the sole property of the broker. This wealth inequality is the beautiful and natural consequence of the unfettered free market, and is absolutely essential if the fortress is to remain competitive.
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: June 12, 2022, 02:27:24 am »

Rename dwarves to "persons of dwarven descent". And so the game doesn't normalize rampant alcoholism in the real world: they only drink orange juice and tea.

No, wait, that could potentially make social drinkers feel alienated. Hold on, give me a few minutes to work this out...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 02:36:01 am by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: June 12, 2022, 06:02:54 am »

. . . the idea of "de-politicizing" DF . . .
How about hyper-politicizing DF?

* All DF gods are now named after existing (past or present) IRL deities.
* Every dwarf who migrates to your fort now has a line in their Thoughts screen that states where they emigrated from. All settlements in your civ are named after existing countries with low standards of living, and current fortress residents have loud and differing opinions on whether or not the fort should accept any (more) migrants from there.
* Some of your dwarves will protest the killing of goblins, saying it's unethical, and try to protect them.
* Other dwarves will try to outlaw certain medical practices, at least in a Hospital zone, forcing dwarves who need that procedure to get it done in somebody's bedroom.
* Every type of food or drink is of a different gender. Dwarves will only consume food or beverages with which they are sexually compatible.
* All goods obtained through trade are the sole property of the broker. This wealth inequality is the beautiful and natural consequence of the unfettered free market, and is absolutely essential if the fortress is to remain competitive.

* Wars are now called 'special operations'.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: June 12, 2022, 11:39:44 am »

* Wars are now called 'special operations'.
Elves are no longer cannibals, because that's racist, and no longer care about trees.  They do show up and lecture you about dwarven privilege, though.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: June 12, 2022, 02:30:11 pm »

All creatures in the game taken from real-world mythologies (including dwarves, which originate in Norse/Germanic folklore) are removed since their presence in DF signifies cultural appropriation.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: June 12, 2022, 03:07:23 pm »

All creatures in the game taken from real-world mythologies (including dwarves, which originate in Norse/Germanic folklore) are removed since their presence in DF signifies cultural appropriation.
Fortress conveys a positive portrayal of war, which is in fact terrible, therefore instead of Dwarf Fortress, it will be called Sapient Entity Dwelling.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: June 12, 2022, 06:34:03 pm »

Fortress conveys a positive portrayal of war, which is in fact terrible, therefore instead of Dwarf Fortress, it will be called Sapient Entity Dwelling.

This is discriminative against non-sapients.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: June 13, 2022, 12:46:38 am »

In order to keep the game from offending anyone in anyway ever again the next update will contain a secret line of code that when activated deletes everything on your hard drive and sets fire to your computer.
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 395