Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: Watercloistered - Island Volcano succession (.31.25) (Needs moar overseers)  (Read 26853 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile

{@Ramalle: Kerlc already has her.
Spoiler: FarmerBob (click to show/hide)
@FarmerBob: All of the growers are female. I can change your dwarf if you want.
Note: Will update post upon re-dwarfing or pronoun change requests}

Journal of ArK Salvesquashed, Director:

Moonstone 1st, 203:
Doctor Hatz came around while I was harvesting the crop and asked me to speak with him. Turns out BrickT is about to snap under the pressure of leadership and needs a successor. Hatz says I was the best candidate. How will I manage these guys, the only thing I know is plants?

Moonstone 4th, 203:
The job's daunting, but the local leaders are really helping me out. Ral, a respected miner, tells me we've struck damp stone below the living quarters. It seems a section of the walkway won't be completed.

Moonstone 13th, 203:
The Merchants are leaving and the miners will hopefully be done BrickT's renovations before next year's end. I'd like to fully start my own project. On a related note I'm revitalizing the ceramics industry while the potter's on leave. Brick making shouldn't be too difficult.

Opal 1st, 203:
I've been informed one of the hunters has gained an unholy interest in his steel crossbow. I'm not sure why they found it important enough to interrupt my brick making, but why do we have steel crossbows?

Opal 6th, 203:
I noticed that people mill about the main stairway. The place was packed so I ushered everyone out. Hopefully they'll stop clogging up all the useful area.

Opal 11th, 203:
I noticed we had two people stuck in our traction benches. I quickly began decompiling them with help and we now have two more able bodied dwarves.

Opal 14th, 203:
For a month now, Billybobfred has been nagging me about a better dining room and office. I caved and gave him a seperate office and dining room in the residential district below. I know how he feels about gabbro men so I sent him a statue of him surrounded by them, courtesy of your local potter.

Obsidian 16th, 203:
Today I looked around at my sisters and brothers, and realized that they currently don't need me. Everything is running autonomously and with little to no input from me. When I see him I need to thank BrickT for the superb preparation.

Obsidian 30th, 203:
Checking in on our favorite people:
-BrickT is a master of the rock, making pots and mugs that will still be talked about years from now.
-Roctiv is still a legend among even the masons, his chairs and statues given great detail. Frankly I'm spammed with reports of his masterpieces. I've gotten at least 4 the last week.
-Goukaryuujin is another of the greats of stone crafting. Though he doesn't hunt much anymore he still goes out from time to time to "polish" his skills.
-Kelric is on vacation, taking time off of stone and wood crafting. A legend in the stone cirlces, and highly regarded among the widdlers.
-If you're reading this I guess you'd know how I'm doing.
-FarmerBob's been lounging about the majority of the time, but her constant vigilance has saved more than one crop from rot. She's considered one of the best of the growers, second to me of course.
-Doctor Hatz has been treating honey bee victims, occasionally cooking a meal or two. Truthfully their hasn't been much hospital activity since the two long time traction patients I mentioned before.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

o dam.  I'll take the next halfway-decent sword- or axe-dwarf who shows up then.  Or a woodcutter if you dont mind training him in axery.  Thanks!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile

We've got one person who matches:
Mistem Onetorches- Male; Adequate Axeman/Shield user, Competant Fighter/Observer/Dodger/Armor user, and Novice Wrestler; Was once a fisher, and is now a hauler; Every non-social skill is rusty. If you want him I'll start training him.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Works for me, thanks.

Roctiv

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Engineer
    • View Profile

Hey, I'm legendary !

To ArKFallen when he finishes his turn :
When you upload the save, can you make sure it is a .zip or .7z archive, please ? The firewall/site blocker/whatever I have at work blocks .rar files. (but not the bay 12 forums, mwahaha)
Have a dwarven day.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile

I will Roctiv. And by the way, you have at least five personal mason workshops. They're all cluttered with superb and masterwork items, and you're still meeting quotas. It's scary.

Edit: Nevermind. DF crashed and I lost those migrants.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 11:36:13 am by ArKFallen »
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So is there still room for me to sign up for a turn?
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile

There will always be room. Forever.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, then I'd like to sign up for a turn.
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Remalle (click to show/hide)
Journal of ArK Salvesquashed, Director:

Granite 12th, 204:
BrickT's renovations are done, I will now be enacting my own project. It's less vital compared to the renovations but I feel it will be helpful to everyone (as well as establish myself in Watercloister's history). I will post updates on my progress.

Granite 20th, 204:
I'm setting up another magma furnace area. This one will be closer to the surface, and I'll use it for kilns. Warning: The lever in the magma furnace area opens the magma floodgate. Use with extreme caution.

Granite 27th, 204:
Migrants. 21 of em. We've got a decent bit of room, but what do I do with 'em?

Slate 9th, 204:
The immigrants integrated a lot faster than I thought they would. The only idlers are the miners, before I give them a new project anyway. Currently I have them working on a future dining room directly under the residential district. I figure we've got more chairs than we can store so we'll make a new dining room. The core section of my project has been completed. I'd say full completion is around 7%.

Slate 12th, 204:
The new mechanic was scared away from a cage trap by a wounded capybara. A hunter is getting it, but their fight seems like it won't stop.

Slate 14th, 204:
They'd been fighting for days, the hunter and capybara. The hunter had ten kills under his belt but the capybara would flinch out of the way of his shots at the last second. Remalle caught wind of this and went off to see what the fuss was about. As he rounded the volcano he heard the twang of war. Dropping his barrel of booze he tore across the field a torrent of fury to come face to face with... a mostly unconscious capybara on it's last legs of life. I'm told he was greatly disappointed as he walked up and sliced its head clean through.

Slate 15th, 204:
Remalle spotted a capybara coming back from his disappointed win. The thing was wounded but in much better shape than the other one. He chased that capybara for a day before confronting it. The battle was quick but the capybara scored a hit! It bruised his foot, which is more than the other contender could say. This time he tore apart its heart and watched it squirm, though he tells me it wasn't as satisfying as the first. He's telling me this right now and it's creepin' me out. Would someone honestly get this guy out of my office?

Slate 16th, 204:
I've finally gotten things all set up for the magma kilns, I'll even pull the lever for closing myself. On another note the barracks are all set up. Remalle finally has a place to practice so he doesn't need to get his kicks tearing apart wildlife.
Later: The first child of Areloddom has been born!
Spoiler: The Child (click to show/hide)

Slate 17th, 204:

Haha! The magma has been released! The miner who released it stood there as it poured around him, and then went off to dig elsewhere. He didn't have a single scratch from being surrounded by magma. This bodes well for my Reign. I've even begun the creature pits, so our military(read: Remalle) can duke it out with real enemies.

Slate 30th, 204:
What a busy month. We finished the magma furnace area, have a new dining room, the first child of Watercloistered was born, we have a barracks, and we have a pitting area for military fights. Things seem like they'll calm down though. With the extra kilns my progress on the project has tripled. I'd say the project is 30% completed, but that's the crucial thirty. I'm far ahead of schedule. I think it may be because we have so many masons.

{OOC:I was really worried about the magma. I'd been on volcanoes before, but I only messed with magma-gates once before. On another note: If you don't mind me asking, Goukaryuujin what exactly were you trying to make? I see the wall and the terraforming but what came next?}
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i was trying to make room for a tower, we have like 69 z-levels above our heads to work with here, but irl BS put a stop to it before i could get any serious work started on the damn thing.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 10:01:54 pm by goukaryuujin »
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile

Felsite 7th, 204:
One of the new potters has been possessed and claimed a Craftshop!

Felsite 13th, 204:
He has begun a construction with 2 palm logs, 2 stips of capybara leather, a rhyolite boulder, a native copper block, a rough pyrite, and a rough jasper opal.

Felsite 18th, 204:
He has finished!
Spoiler: Artifact (click to show/hide)
That's disappointing. At least it's valuable at the price of 28800. I've just ordered Doctor Hatz to tell everyone that no stockpile is allowed to hold anything with the Core Quality of an Artifact. I don't particularly care about finished quality. I've also instructed the miners to dig out an area across from the new dining room, this shall be the artifact vault.

Felsite 22nd, 204:
I've been getting reports of Capybara's terrorizing the woodcutters. Apparently Remalle heard too and bothered me about going out to "stop the capybara menace". I needed to finish my pottery so I gave him the okay. The woodcutters tell me he is chasing the capybaras like a madman. I'm sure he'll be okay, he's the most heaavily armed person in the fort.

Hematite 11th, 204:
The project is about 80% finished, but I fear that taking down the extra sections will kill my brothers. Once it's finished I'll go up and begin sketching it in here for future generations, in case someone dismantles it. We've almost finished the little arena. It would have gone faster if the main mechanic wasn't such a multitasker. Oh well, as long as it gets down and keeps Remalle out of my office.

Hematite 24th, 204:
We are beginning the first arena battle. Remalle Vs Capybara.

Doctor Hatz pitches in the beast. Remalle notices!

And...He tears it apart. I guess we should have given the bloke a training axe.

Hematite 25th, 204:
Crap! One of the Capybaras escaped! And our grazers are rioting!

Hematite 26th, 204:
After a weird chase and Doctor Hatz trying to throw the capybara back in the pit, Remalle saved the day!

{(OOC:The worst part about this was the cage was right next to the pit so there should have been no way to escape. Dwarven ingenuity strikes again!)}

Malachite 4th, 204:
It is finished! The Garden of my dreams! This walkway leads up to it from the main hallway, as well as that little shack of graves up top.

After going up many levels of 2x1 stairs (and a 1x1 right below) you reach the statue garden. Every object here (excluding doors) is made from clay. The structure and supports are purely and only clay brick. The statues are made of clay and have a variety of pictures on them.

Above this is my tomb. The lines are how far it goes out. The statues surrounding me are some of my favorites. The sarcophagus in my room should be given to someone else, but I'm keeping the room.

This is the very top of the monument as well as the highest point in Watercloistered.

I was debating whether to continue, but decided against it because of how many more bricks would be required. This monument was built without any outside scaffolding.

Malachite 10th, 204:
To keep people occupied and for an excuse for more pottery, I'm constructing another wall before the front gate. This will probably also be made from bricks.

Malachite 15th, 204:
We've got two new recruits to the guard: a novice macedwarf and a recruit with a war hammer. I knew ordering those silver weapons was a good idea.

Malachite 25th, 204:
I went to ask Goukaryuujin what would could our soldiers more of a fighting edge and his response was a 'danger room'. The rest of the crew is setting it up under his guidance and I'm more than a little anxious. Why is it called a Danger Room?

Malachite 27th, 204:
The second Child of Areloddom has been born!
Spoiler: The Second (click to show/hide)

Galena 1st, 204:
Why do I hear stomping? Oh SHHHHHHIIIII-

{((OOC: We've got three heavily armored dwarves, 2 well trained dwarves, and one dwarf who only has an axe. We have 4 military. The drawbridge was never linked to a lever, we have no actual trap defense, the cage traps are too far out, and some of our people are out there. So Watercloister what should we do?))}
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Fight!  Fight!  Fight!  Fight!
I like being captain of the guard  :D

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile

Journal of ArK Salvesquashed, Director

Galena 1st, 204:
The drums of war sound throughout the fortress. The clang of metal on metal and the cries of little children echo in the halls. Luckily we established a system for such an occassion, but our biggest hope, Remalle, is asleep.
Update:Migrants arrived. Those BASTARDS!!!!!

Galena 2nd, 204:
The Migrants are buying us time. Anust is chasing them instead of charging the gates, which is good because Remalle isn't up and only one of the guard is stationed.

Galena 3rd, 204:
The whole guard has been rallied! Remalle complained about being thirsty as we broke his bed and briefed him.

Galena 4th, 204:
The new beekeeper, the other migrants say he's called Sarvesh, has been giving Anust a marry chase around the mountain. But he is finally heading our way. With any luck we'll be able to blind side the minotaur while he tears apart our cattle.
Update: They're here.

Galena 5th, 204:
Anust Caught the keeper! She shatters Sarvesh's hand in seconds.

The guard arrives on the scene and Sarvesh is still alive, but his spines broken so if he survives he has no future.

Sarvesh is dead and the Hammerdwarf makes first contact, But his lung is now bruised!

They fight!
Spoiler: Fighter Status (click to show/hide)
And Remalle cuts off Anust's right lower leg!

And Remalle kills him by cutting off his right arm! Praise be to our Savior! Now I can go back to my pottery.
Spoiler: Kill List (click to show/hide)

{((Thus ends Watercloistered's first megabeast. We came out pretty good with one casualty and one injured.))}
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:41:48 pm by ArKFallen »
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

And thus our most hallowed tactic is born: the "wake up groggily and charge headlong".
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17