Bonobo
- 142 (18.7%)
Gorilla
- 157 (20.7%)
People
- 407 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 757

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 153

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest!  (Read 577729 times)

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest!
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2011, 03:43:25 am »

i cant quite place the expression on darker's shedim... what does it look like to you guys?
Here is a masterful rendition of Shedim the Forgotten Beast and dwarves by Darkerdark. Shedim is laughing, the dwarves are screaming.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2011, 04:26:56 am »

i cant quite place the expression on darker's shedim... what does it look like to you guys?
Madness.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2011, 06:41:34 am »

Wow, I really don't have time to be doing this, but...
A towering, beakless woodpecker. It has a square shell and appears to be emaciated. Its cobalt feathers are patchy. Beware its webs! Äb was associated with treachery and caverns.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I had absolutely no idea it would look like this when I started.

LOL! This is made of win!

I like how he looks so casual as he goes about stringing up his web.

If you look at the eye it seems like its a "Get off my lawn you garden gnomes!" expression

If you look at the eye and mouth its a "Look some new neighbors here in this cavern, I hope they will be my friends." expression

But if you look at all the facial features its "Holy Carp I found some little people, I almost stepped on one."

Oh god, I can't stop laughing!

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2011, 06:43:09 am »

A towering, beakless woodpecker. It has a square shell and appears to be emaciated. Its cobalt feathers are patchy. Beware its webs! Äb was associated with treachery and caverns.

ÄB

THE HORROR!

:P

Strangely enough, that's exactly the sort of image I had going through my mind when I read Äb's description!

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2011, 09:33:06 am »

I was thinking of creating a similar topic. The only difference would be that the first post would have descriptions of forgotten beasts and the winning picture for each. Now I of course won't create it because it will be ignored. Well I might as well try to participate. I like drawing by hand though my skills are rather suckish.
I had to rewire the printer/scanner... Never done or seen anyone do it before. Took me a while.
I didn't think it would show stuff on the other side of the page so I took a used paper.
I couldn't draw the feet well so I didn't draw them at all.
I figured the square shell should have a use too and that it needs a harder head to somehow still peck wood.
I missing the patchy feathers and that emaciation or whatever.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 11:52:16 am by ottottott »

Birdy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2011, 08:11:23 pm »

Posting for Great Justice!

This thread is made of win, keep it up!  :D

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2011, 09:32:27 pm »

\m/ (>.<) \m/

This is my thought on those pictures.

darkerdark is here? what's next? Retro?
What do you think? Yes? No?

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 03, 2011, 12:59:32 pm »

I didn't think it would show stuff on the other side of the page so I took a used paper.

Tip: put a piece of black cardboard behind the paper when scanning.  It keeps the stuff on the other side from showing through.  Or, if you don't happen to have any, try just leaving the scanner lid open.

Also, there's something funny with your scanner settings: your picture only has 7 distinct colors.  Try setting it to full color mode or something.
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 03, 2011, 01:03:04 pm »

Tip: put a piece of black cardboard behind the paper when scanning.  It keeps the stuff on the other side from showing through.  Or, if you don't happen to have any, try just leaving the scanner lid open.
Also, there's something funny with your scanner settings: your picture only has 7 distinct colors.  Try setting it to full color mode or something.
Thx for the tip!
I felt like making it only scan the 256 shades of gray. I just felt weird like that.

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2011, 06:14:45 pm »

BUMP

pick a winner so we can have the next FB...?

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2011, 12:37:36 am »

Yeah! Please do!

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2011, 02:29:41 pm »

I would like to suggest putting a time limit of say 5-7 days on it so we're not all sitting around waiting for weeks to go on to the next one. If the time limit is exceeded, then it defaults to 'a draw'.  No pun intended.  Does anyone else have ideas?
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2011, 02:52:52 pm »

Well if it defaults to draw because of the creator of this topic not choosing a winner then why would you think he is going to come back? But no I don't have any better ideas. Actually I have one but I'll wait with it for another day or two.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2011, 02:54:15 pm »

Maybe we should set up a poll deciding whose image is the best?

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2011, 04:03:11 pm »

Well if it defaults to draw because of the creator of this topic not choosing a winner then why would you think he is going to come back? But no I don't have any better ideas. Actually I have one but I'll wait with it for another day or two.

I think it is the guy who posted the FB that picks the winner, not the OP... ? The person who posted the beakless woodpecker could pick a winner, if not then the OP could do it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 153