Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mass Engravings with chosen content  (Read 585 times)

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mass Engravings with chosen content
« on: January 31, 2018, 03:14:49 pm »

Hi folks,

I wanted to decorate a hall with all the great achievements of my militia commander and decided to give the engraving definition a try. According to the wiki you designate an area for engraving and then hit D to define the image/content unfortunately this definition seems to only affect the designation the cursor hovers over but not all the designated area. Is there something I miss? Or is it possible to copy the selection over? Or do I really have to set this for every tile separately?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Engravings with chosen content
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 03:34:14 pm »

Yes.
It's a fairly new feature. Might get expanded during development? Not many people seem to use it, as opposed to custom statues. Not over a wide area anyhow.

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 03:52:19 pm »

I figured as much. I guess I will switch to recorded macros for it or autohotkey to automate the process, still, it would be a great feature at least for me :D engraving a tomb with the achievements of one former dwarf or a meeting hall adds to the roleplaying experience in my opinion.

Timmi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 11:11:37 pm »

What? I used to think I just designed every Conner of the area. Turns out it's just a tile. That's undwarfy at all

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 03:19:49 am »

You can use this to carve interesting patterns in the walls, if you know how the written symbol translates to ASCII.

This point of interest is an example:
http://mkv25.net/dfma/poi-33714

Sadly there is no copy-paste feature. Macros help.