Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 73028 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D1 First Blood!
« Reply #195 on: May 22, 2019, 08:46:02 pm »

Nirur:
He's playing this casual, for good reasons, so I plan to be giving him the benefit of the doubt on his wording unless it's something particularly egrarious.
In this case, it's a brief reads list. I'm reading it as he doesn't think we're mafia based on what's happened so far, not that we're confirmed not mafia.

RGU does not get the same benefit of the doubt from me, and the way I read his post felt less like a reads list and more of a narrative spinning exercise.

What you're saying here doesn't pass muster. RGU's post said he doubted people were scum based on their behaviour. That's the same meaning that you've ascribed to NQT's post. For some reason it's scummy when RGU actually says that and not when you assume that's what NQT meant?
I suppose it's because RGU's post is more meandering, he claims they're confirmed town or probably town instead of NGU's "clear as non-mafia, though any could still be 3rd party." (And, yes, perhaps my vibe from the post is slightly tainted by whether or not they think I'm cleared. I'm human.)

For easy reference, here's the two posts in question, one of which bothers me more than the other.
This is exactly as fast as I like my games.

TricMagic, Deus Asmoth and Nirur Torir are clear as non-mafia, though any could still be 3rd party. I'm obviously a good guy.

This leaves...

Persus13 - who knows what he knows

Superdorf - scum for voting Tric
hector13 - probably also scum

KitRougard - ? ? ?
kingawsume ? ?
randomgenericusername ?

IcyTea obviously daykilled by Max.
Okay, so if I'm understanding this right, TricMagic claimed Nosy Neighbor and was confirmed town for getting a scum report on Maximum Spin, which was correct since he did flip as scum. notquitethere also was the first one to vote for him, so he's probably also part of the town and not mafia. Same with Deus Asmoth, I doubt scum would bus one of their members so early and quickly.

Between those that were against the Maximum Spin lynch were Nirur Torir and hector13, I think. Nirur Torir later voted for Maximum Spin too, and I completely agreed with hector13's arguments against TricMagic, so I can see it as him just getting "confused" by TricMagic's bizarre logic. (By the way, I think it's obvious that IcyTea was killed by Maximum Spin's daykill.)

Out of everyone, Superdorf just seems the most likely to be scum. I'll try to build a case against him later, since I don't really have much time currently. Did I miss anything else?
Emphasis mine because
Quote from: Hector
RGU's post said he doubted people were scum based on their behaviour.
He said Tric was confirmed town, and that these other people were probably town.
This is different from what you just said. Are you being misrepresenting on purpose?

I kinda just forgot that "not scum" isn't really equal to "town", but other than that the only differences were that hector13 was a null read and that I read you as probably scum. Not that it matters, as those assumptions were based on mafia knowing that Maximum Spin was also part of their scum team, which they probably didn't because of him being an amnesiac.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 22, 2019, 09:04:45 pm »

So your case on RGU and lack thereof on NQT rests on what you think they actually meant while saying the same thing, and also the fact that RGU didn't say he thought you were town while NQT did?
I wasn't making a case, don't put words in my mouth. I was trying to be pressuring on someone I thought acted strangely, and seeing how he responded. And you, apparently, get offended by attempted pressure on RGU.

Interesting, but I'm tired and don't expect to have much time before the lynch.

Kitrogue is outright trolling at this point, and nobody's made a stronger case for a D1 lynch on someone living.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 22, 2019, 09:10:51 pm »

I mean, do we gain any information from a KitRougard lynch? He has done literally nothing and hasn't even posted anything other than his "Don't modkill me" post.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 22, 2019, 09:20:17 pm »

So your case on RGU and lack thereof on NQT rests on what you think they actually meant while saying the same thing, and also the fact that RGU didn't say he thought you were town while NQT did?
I wasn't making a case, don't put words in my mouth. I was trying to be pressuring on someone I thought acted strangely, and seeing how he responded. And you, apparently, get offended by attempted pressure on RGU.

Interesting, but I'm tired and don't expect to have much time before the lynch.

Kitrogue is outright trolling at this point, and nobody's made a stronger case for a D1 lynch on someone living.

Nobody’s made a case stronger than “he hasn’t posted”? Have you paid any attention? Tric’s case against me is stronger than that, and his case sucks.

D’you maybe want to reconsider?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 22, 2019, 09:46:12 pm »

Eh, money where my mouth is, ‘cause that’s a lazy bandwagon vote if ever there was one.

Nirur Torir
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 22, 2019, 09:56:10 pm »

I'll read over the cases again, but unless something really jumps out at me I'm keeping my vote right where it is, thank you. Kit's kinda flighty sometimes, but normally he's at least willing to poke at the mechanics a little... this? This thing he's doing? This is just ridiculous.

I'd be willing to maybe overlook the lurking if it was honest lurking. But Kit's posted here. He's present, to at least some extent. He's demonstrated that whatever he's doing, it's probably deliberate. I don't like that.

KitRougard: I need to go to sleep soon, and I'm probably going to miss the lynch, so... if you want to change my mind about this, you're gonna have to do it in, oh, the next hour or so. Failing that, you've got a few hours more to change somebody else's mind. Poke somebody. Comment on a roleflip. Show to us that you care, at least a little, about who wins this game.

Hector13: You're voting Nirur Torir for jumping on the Kit-wagon with lazy reasons. What does that make me, then, and what does that make KitRougard? Am I wrong to vote where I'm voting?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 22, 2019, 10:00:45 pm »

Out of curiousity, what do the folks who want to lynch Kit thing of Kingasume, who has 0 posts?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 22, 2019, 10:01:15 pm »

Out of curiousity, what do the folks who want to lynch Kit thing of Kingasume, who has 0 posts?
EWOP: Think, not thing.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 22, 2019, 10:04:42 pm »

I mean, that's true. I also find weird that he attacked me and not NQT if what the others are saying is correct and we both had essentially the same stance. That he later jumped on the bandwagon against someone who isn't even here could also be an attempt to get a non-scum member easily lynched day 1, leaving us at disadvantage.

I guess I'm going to follow my gut this time and vote Nirur Torir, so we don't get KitRougard lynched instead. Might remove this vote tomorrow, just placing it there now since I'll be going to sleep soon.

Also, I know that question wasn't directed at me, but yes I think it's wrong to vote someone whose lynch wouldn't give the town anything to work with. Since he hasn't interacted with anyone, even if he flips scum we wouldn't have any clue to who else could be part of his scum team. If he really doesn't do anything, he'll probably get modkilled or replaced either way.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 22, 2019, 10:13:57 pm »

I’m calling bullshit on this being a deliberate ploy of his. Since in’ing for this game he’s posted three times on the entire forum, once here and twice in another forum game.

If you can explain to me how that’s somehow dishonest lurking (which means what, exactly? How would honest lurking be better?) and also how that’s deliberate, and how all this makes him scum, I’ll abandon my objections and vote with you.

So yeah, your vote is in the wrong place. Activity is not alignment indicative (and it’s been a goddamn long time since I’ve got to pop that maxim in a game) else I’d be town 100% of the time.

This makes me think very poorly of you and Nirur, and NQT should know better... though he has the excuse of having said many, many years ago that the most active player in a game is probably town, however silly I think generalisms are in mafia.

Ninja’d 3 times. I’m mixed on the idea of “useful” lynches as opposed to lynching someone ‘cause they’re scum. It’s a position I’ve espoused before, I just... lynching is for scum, not information.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 22, 2019, 10:19:03 pm »

...I should be banned from forum mafia.

I have sleeper protect, unknown effect, one-shots for all, passive Total Random Failure (EVERYTHING that happens to someone just doesn't. Who? Don't know.) And finally, night watchman.

Unknown on sanities and qualities.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 22, 2019, 10:19:46 pm »

Yes this is what I do. Normally.

I'm built for 30 min to 1 hour games. Not DAYS.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 22, 2019, 10:21:15 pm »

I just feel there are some players to which there just isn't a point lynching. We have nothing against KitRougard other than him being inactive, so lynching him would be basically a coin flip.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 22, 2019, 10:29:19 pm »

Yes this is what I do. Normally.

I'm built for 30 min to 1 hour games. Not DAYS.

You complain as though it’s a surprise to you that forum mafia lasts this long. This is probably going to be the quickest and most ToS like game you’ve played so far, man.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 22, 2019, 10:58:14 pm »

My main concern with lynching Kit is that there's not much interaction to go through once he flips. Especially since someone's got a daykill and is willing to use it on suspected mafia.

I'll look through the game again to see who I find suspicious after I get some sleep. All I can say now is I'm not reading hector as scum, and its not going to be Tric for obvious reasons.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 43