Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 73022 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D3
« Reply #465 on: May 29, 2019, 03:56:40 pm »

Point of order: I'm pretty sure someone tried to kill me last night, so I don't think it's guaranteed that the scum team has no kills.

Were you able to inspect anybody D1?
Was I able to? Yes, but I didn't use the ability then.

How are you so sure someone tried to kill you today? And if there are kills, why did no one die during the first night either? I'm looking at the role list and I can't find anything that would inform one if they are targeted with a kill and survive, and players aren't informed whenever an action they do fails or if they are targeted.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 29, 2019, 04:04:27 pm »

If I remember correctly, there was some inconsistency regarding the whole green goo situation that happened yesterday. Something about the action order and redirects? At first, I assumed that they just made each other goo and didn't pay much attention, but now that hector13 flipped black goo, it's possible they both visited hector13 and became cultists. I doubt that there would be 2 green goo roles, too, so the reason of their erratic behavoir and plan to "goo everyone" could have been an attempt to get cultists.
Tric and Kit claimed that Tric used Mimicry on Kit, and then Kit used Night Watchmen on Tric. This meant both of them targeted Kit, who ad a Secret Role that possibly turned both of them into Green Goo. Tric doubted this story because he didn't think that only Kit would target him, and because it was Tric and Kit at the center of this, a lot of people were confused. Personally, I think that Kit and Tric behaving erratically is par for the course with both of them. I also think it wouldn't surprise me if Shakerag threw in a bunch of Secret roles, because it sounds like a bunch of people have them, and so there's a higher chance of there being repeats that way. But if you can prove that they somehow joined a cult, I'll be happy to hear it.

There are 6 players currently alive, 0-2 possible cultists and 0-1 possible scum. If we lynch the possible scum, regardless of if we lynch correctly or not, cult would be one kill or member from outnumbering the town. If we lynch one of the possible cultists, the game won't end since scum and third party need to get rid of each other to win, giving us more time. And even if we try to lynch a possible cultist and get it wrong, that still reduces it to 1 possible cultist and 1 possible scum.
If you're right about Kit and Tric being cult, they can't really do anything right now, so I think going after the last Mafia is a better bet.

Point of order: I'm pretty sure someone tried to kill me last night, so I don't think it's guaranteed that the scum team has no kills.

Who did you visit N1 then?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 29, 2019, 04:23:47 pm »

Hm. If Kit's cult with Tric, he's bussing awfully hard... and you're right, they wouldn't be able to do much. We just have to not target them.

Unvote.

I'll have to look at this properly later. In the meantime, I too am curious to hear from Deus why he's so certain about that attempted kill.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 29, 2019, 04:40:59 pm »

Night 1 I used a Protect ability on Persus. To be honest I should have used the inspect that night, but I only inherited the inspect at the end of the day (I started as a retired cop). I didn't protect Tric because I'd tried to drop a couple of doctor hints during D1 and was trying to second-guess the scumteam.

I'll have to look at this properly later. In the meantime, I too am curious to hear from Deus why he's so certain about that attempted kill.
At the end of the night I got a generic kill ability. I have a Cyborg ability which would make me both immune to kills and gain abilities after being targeted by one. So either I was targeted by a kill last night or someone else has gifted me a kill ability.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 29, 2019, 04:58:10 pm »

If I remember correctly, there was some inconsistency regarding the whole green goo situation that happened yesterday. Something about the action order and redirects? At first, I assumed that they just made each other goo and didn't pay much attention, but now that hector13 flipped black goo, it's possible they both visited hector13 and became cultists. I doubt that there would be 2 green goo roles, too, so the reason of their erratic behavoir and plan to "goo everyone" could have been an attempt to get cultists.
Tric and Kit claimed that Tric used Mimicry on Kit, and then Kit used Night Watchmen on Tric. This meant both of them targeted Kit, who ad a Secret Role that possibly turned both of them into Green Goo. Tric doubted this story because he didn't think that only Kit would target him, and because it was Tric and Kit at the center of this, a lot of people were confused. Personally, I think that Kit and Tric behaving erratically is par for the course with both of them. I also think it wouldn't surprise me if Shakerag threw in a bunch of Secret roles, because it sounds like a bunch of people have them, and so there's a higher chance of there being repeats that way. But if you can prove that they somehow joined a cult, I'll be happy to hear it.

There are 6 players currently alive, 0-2 possible cultists and 0-1 possible scum. If we lynch the possible scum, regardless of if we lynch correctly or not, cult would be one kill or member from outnumbering the town. If we lynch one of the possible cultists, the game won't end since scum and third party need to get rid of each other to win, giving us more time. And even if we try to lynch a possible cultist and get it wrong, that still reduces it to 1 possible cultist and 1 possible scum.
If you're right about Kit and Tric being cult, they can't really do anything right now, so I think going after the last Mafia is a better bet.

I mean, it's possible that only one of them became a green goo cultist through hector13. If KitRougard had the green goo ability, it would be possible that he visited hector13 and that TricMagic visited him. So, if there is a cultist, it has to be KitRougard. If there's two, it's probably KitRougard and TricMagic. I can't exactly prove they're cultists, like I couldn't prove yesterday that hector13 is a third, but I'm still suspicious.

You're right about that, since any cultist would also be a green goo and lack any abilities like kills. In the other hand, Deus Asmoth claims to be a cyborg and have a kill ability. Maybe we could lynch KitRougard and kill Superdorf? If Superdorf is scum and tries to stop the kill, he wouldn't be able to kill durpng the same night because he would have to use his action. Then we could just lynch him the next day.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 29, 2019, 05:10:44 pm »

Night 1 I used a Protect ability on Persus. To be honest I should have used the inspect that night, but I only inherited the inspect at the end of the day (I started as a retired cop). I didn't protect Tric because I'd tried to drop a couple of doctor hints during D1 and was trying to second-guess the scumteam.
Cool. So there's a chance for you to be Insane or Paranoid. Actually, what kind of Protect did you use?

I mean, it's possible that only one of them became a green goo cultist through hector13. If KitRougard had the green goo ability, it would be possible that he visited hector13 and that TricMagic visited him. So, if there is a cultist, it has to be KitRougard. If there's two, it's probably KitRougard and TricMagic. I can't exactly prove they're cultists, like I couldn't prove yesterday that hector13 is a third, but I'm still suspicious.

You're right about that, since any cultist would also be a green goo and lack any abilities like kills. In the other hand, Deus Asmoth claims to be a cyborg and have a kill ability. Maybe we could lynch KitRougard and kill Superdorf? If Superdorf is scum and tries to stop the kill, he wouldn't be able to kill durpng the same night because he would have to use his action. Then we could just lynch him the next day.
Tric Magic still got gooed, so if Kit gooed Tric Magic, he would have already had a goo role. I suppose now the main thing is how confident you are in Kit's fakeclaiming abilities.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 29, 2019, 05:15:58 pm »

Oy! Keep your Goos straight! I am Green Goo, AKA Infectious Vanilla Townie. The Cult is BLACK Goo, Infectious Vanilla Cultist.

And again, if I were Cultist, I would not be this snippy. Now stand the fuck down and help me kill Tric because I have learned to hate them no matter what their alignment even is.

PPE: If i fakeclaim i go big. Like, "I am cop and the last three nights showed these people to be scum and this guy town." Not "am vanilla town"
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 29, 2019, 05:18:21 pm »

Wait. Kit's blustering plenty, but why am I just accepting bluster as a towntell? I'm not pushing this far enough.

KitRougard: You're voting Tric for "taking away your roles", and because you'd rather he get lynched than you. Is Tric scum? Or is this just a spite-vote? Spite-votes are no good this late in the game.

klonk
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 29, 2019, 05:26:12 pm »

EBWOP: Woh, more bluster from Kit. Welp. New post, then.

We're consolidating green and black goos because Hector had both-- anyone who targeted him became both a green and a black goo, and so anyone who's a green goo is probably also a-- wait. I need to clarify this.

Shakerag: Can somebody be both green and black goo at the same time? Or would one "overwrite" the other?

Now, about those "if I were Cultist..." "If I fakeclaimed" point of yours... those aren't helpful. You clearly know your own meta, so you could easily fake your own meta. You're just giving us WIFOM here, and we can't trust it any more than we can trust you. Do you have nothing better to say in your own defense?

And again: you appear to be pushing to lynch Tric with no care for his alignment. That's not a pro-town move. What gives?

klonk
Sigtext

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D2
« Reply #474 on: May 29, 2019, 05:27:53 pm »

I did not anticipate that *Unknown* would bamboozle like that.

So hi I'm green goo I no longer have any sort of useful abilities
KitRougard did claim at the start of D2 that he had an unknown ability, which he said was green goo. Since TricMagic also claimed to have visited him, then either:

1) Both lied and are actually cultists, who cooperated to make a fakeclaim so they wouldn't be linked to hector13. Not really sure about it, but still possible.

2) KitRougard lied and visited hector13, but also said the truth about having an unknown green goo ability. TricMagic visited him and turned into green goo, but not a cultist.

3) It was actually just a coincidence, and they actually did just turn each other into green goo. KitRougard then would have transformed into green goo due to their own secret ability.

Either way, since TricMagic did not claim to have a secret power or being a green goo, KitRougard couldn't have made themselves goo by visiting him. Therefore, he either visited himself or hector13.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 29, 2019, 05:31:26 pm »

Sounds about right. Of those three possibilities, which do you consider most likely?

klonk
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 29, 2019, 05:47:41 pm »

Shakerag: Can somebody be both green and black goo at the same time? Or would one "overwrite" the other?
Technically it could happen if someone were, say, a Black Goo and then gifted a Green Goo ability.  But in the sense that I *think* you're implying, no. 

Say, if someone got black goo'd, and then green goo'd, they would be a "green goo" but still in the black goo cult.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 29, 2019, 06:01:10 pm »

Hm. In the case of Hector's green-goo black-goo double whammy, in what order would the two goo-ings resolve? Green goo first? Or black goo?

klonk
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D2
« Reply #478 on: May 29, 2019, 06:09:31 pm »

Tric:

Did the message that informed you of becoming Green Goo also inform you of you alignment?

Actually answer this question. Now. Even if you've think you've answered it already. Even if you think you don't need to. Just answer the damn question.

That I can answer. It did inform me of my alignment.

As for my roles at the start of the game, they were.
Sleeper One-Shot Forensics Expert. Tied to Deus' death.
Nosy Neighbor.
Faith Healer. Not all that useful for protecting myself.
Mimic: Very useful for protecting myself, mostly cause it would have redirected a kill and a protect to another target, protecting me either way. That and it may have removed Kit.

Jack of All Trades (town; super-rare; 5+ players)

Yeah, see a problem with that last one? Shakerag forgot to trim it, and Jack of All Trades is a common role, all super-rares are variants. So knew not to touch that thing.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 29, 2019, 06:23:36 pm »

Unvote

RGU:
To be honest, I'm still more inclined to kill you than I am Superdorf. I only inspected him in the hopes of clearing him after hector's last posts.

Cool. So there's a chance for you to be Insane or Paranoid. Actually, what kind of Protect did you use?
This is true, yes. It was a doctor protect.

Tric:

Did the message that informed you of becoming Green Goo also inform you of you alignment?

Actually answer this question. Now. Even if you've think you've answered it already. Even if you think you don't need to. Just answer the damn question.

That I can answer. It did inform me of my alignment.
TricMagic.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43