Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 72764 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D3
« Reply #510 on: May 30, 2019, 11:07:52 am »

You raised a point against Tric BECAUSE there was potential to bandwagon them - If I hadn't voted them, you wouldn't have brought up a point.
What a great strategy! Whenever I get put on the scumteam I should always immediately vote for my allies at the start of each day, because that way no one with legitimate points against them will ever be able to start a case one them!
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 30, 2019, 11:15:28 am »

For a more serious reply:
No problem! I realized Tric was pro town when I thought about that easy lynch from Nosy Neighbor D1.
This has nothing to do with Tric's current alignment since he would have had to become cult during Night 1 at the earliest.

You raised a point against Tric BECAUSE there was potential to bandwagon them - If I hadn't voted them, you wouldn't have brought up a point.
No I didn't. Your vote had literally no bearing on me voting for Tric specifically because your vote had no weight behind it, and also because you're both probably in a cult together. By your logic I shouldn't have voted for either of you since both you and Tric had votes on you already.

Now here's an explanation of accidental top-tier gameplay everyone!

I vote Tric in a fit of rage. Scum/Cult see a chance to lynch an otherwise KNOWN townie, and start to build a case based upon my vote. I pull the rug out from under them when I get my emotional bearings back in check, watch them fall, and run them over. Make sense?
How is my case in any way based on your vote?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 30, 2019, 12:07:02 pm »

Why is everyone wasting their time on Tric and Kit? Is everyone just going to ignore the fact that Superdorf and DA claimed Mafia inspects on each other?

RandomGenericUsername Demonstrate evidence why you are not cult like I've asked previously.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 30, 2019, 12:23:05 pm »

Is everyone just going to ignore the fact that Superdorf and DA claimed Mafia inspects on each other?
No, but as I've mentioned I think it's better to lynch the probable cultists and have me shoot one of Superdorf or RGU. My preference is RGU for this, but it's going to take two days to lynch both Tric and Kit, which gives me time to kill both Superdorf and RGU if necessary. Regarding Superdorf's inspect on me, I know that his result on me isn't accurate, but that either means that my result on him also is wrong or he lied about his result after he was made aware that he got inspected.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 30, 2019, 12:30:24 pm »

Another is that his result is right. He also seems to have your own inspect ability.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 30, 2019, 01:14:23 pm »

Is everyone just going to ignore the fact that Superdorf and DA claimed Mafia inspects on each other?
No, but as I've mentioned I think it's better to lynch the probable cultists
There currently is 0 evidence that Tric and Kit are more likely to be cultists than anyone else in the game.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 30, 2019, 02:06:05 pm »

So, Kit couldn't have got culted N1 from targeting Tric. Tric could have become a goo from targeting Hector, but that gooiness wouldn't have spread to Kit on the same night. As such, while she might be some other alignment, I think it's not possible for Kit to be a black goo cultist unless both Tric and Kit independently targeted Hector N1 and then co-ordinated their claim in a shared cult chat.

Now, unless I've missed something, this is possible and would gel with their nominal plan to force and All Town win by getting everyone to target Tric and Kit. We can test this theory by flipping one of them today-- and given the danger of a cult I think that that might be a plan worth considering.

However, if both are now black goos, as this theory would require... either way they're actually harmless if we don't target them and we can afford to chase the possibility of mafia (and if they're not scum, having them alive is a good thing!)

Though it is telling perhaps that they're now acting as a voting bloc on Deus...

So as for the Superdorf-Deus inspection debacle? They've both claimed mafia inspects on one another and we should resolve it one way or the other.

Deus, why is the cult idea more likely than the mafia at this stage, for you?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 30, 2019, 03:23:30 pm »

Okay, so about that "Superdorf-Deus inspection debacle"-- I'm pretty sure there's nothing to resolve there. The cop ability we used last night seems to have a modifier on it: either paranoia, insanity, or (less likely) random. I dunno which, but unless Deus lied about his result, we should both be town.

TricMagic: Your passive-aggressive pokes on Deus aren't getting anything done. Show me why he's scum, please-- "he voted me" is not good enough.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 30, 2019, 03:55:51 pm »

There currently is 0 evidence that Tric and Kit are more likely to be cultists than anyone else in the game.
Aside from Tric's sudden turnaround on hector and willingness to support hector against NQT for no given reason, sure.

Do you mean why do I think it's more likely that Tric and Kit are cult than mafia? If that's the case, it would either require two scum teams, with Tric using an inspect that informs his target of his alignment when used or one scumteam with Tric deciding to bus one of his teammates out of the blue on day 1. I could kind of see mafia-Tric using that inspection, but it would be a pointlessly risky thing to do. Plus two scum teams plus a cult seems like a pretty hard game for the town to win.

I do think there's still at least one mafia player left in the game, but since no one's claimed using a kill ability on me last night that means the mafia likely does have a kill ability left. If all this is true and Kit and Tric are cult, this effectively puts us at MYLO since lynching town would give the mafia the option to kill a town player and put us at 2 cult, 1 or 2 scum and 1 or 2 town if I don't use my kill, or 2 cult, 0 or 1 scum and 1 or 2 town if I do use my kill. Lynching cult and having me kill the most likely mafia suspect tonight would avoid this, I think. I need to go through the potential scenarios though.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 30, 2019, 04:14:44 pm »

Why is everyone wasting their time on Tric and Kit? Is everyone just going to ignore the fact that Superdorf and DA claimed Mafia inspects on each other?

RandomGenericUsername Demonstrate evidence why you are not cult like I've asked previously.

I'll probably get killed but better take the kill than wasting the lynch. I was thinking that if I said I had something useful, the nightkiller would probably go after me so I tried to be subtle about it. There's no point to just saying that I have a helpful role without giving detail, since that would make me a target anyways, so I'll just claim.

I have three night abilities: A mystery one I haven't used yet, a 1 use cop investigation I already used and another called Human Shield, which allows me to protect another player at the cost of my own life. I also have a 1 use revive and can grant awesome powers on death. I used the one-shot cop on NQT during the first night and obtained a town result, which wasn't very helpful as I thought since everyone already read him as town. I then protected NQT during the second night, and since I didn't die I assume he wasn't targeted with a kill.

If Deus Asmoth is telling the truth about being a Cyborg, I could target him with Human Shield and he would obtain the ability, thus confirming my claim unless I get roleblocked, which I probably will since I just claimed. This only leaves both Persus and Superdorf as the possible killers and, since I read Persus as town, that's why I wanted Superdorf lynched or killed.

If Deus decides to trust me, the plan would be that I target him with my protect and he targets Superdorf with the kill. When Superdorf flips, we'll be able to see if the inspect was sane or not. Another thing we could do is lynch Superdorf now and then having Deus use his kill on one of the possible cultists. Deus would become a green goo, but if we're right that shouldn't be a problem since the game would be over.

Right now, seeing that both TricMagic and KitRougard are voting for Deus, I strongly believe they're both cultists. Since they are green goo, Superdorf is the most likely to be the killer, or Persus if he isn't. Deus Asmoth then could kill either TricMagic or KitRougard during the night, lynching the other during the second day. I'll target Deus Asmoth with my ability during that night, which will confirm my claim. If the game hasn't ended by then, the nightkiller wouldn't be able to kill since Deus will then have a protect and be immune to kills, while I would revive if killed. Of course, all of this depends on Deus Asmoth being town.

PPE:
So, Kit couldn't have got culted N1 from targeting Tric. Tric could have become a goo from targeting Hector, but that gooiness wouldn't have spread to Kit on the same night. As such, while she might be some other alignment, I think it's not possible for Kit to be a black goo cultist unless both Tric and Kit independently targeted Hector N1 and then co-ordinated their claim in a shared cult chat.

Now, unless I've missed something, this is possible and would gel with their nominal plan to force and All Town win by getting everyone to target Tric and Kit. We can test this theory by flipping one of them today-- and given the danger of a cult I think that that might be a plan worth considering.

However, if both are now black goos, as this theory would require... either way they're actually harmless if we don't target them and we can afford to chase the possibility of mafia (and if they're not scum, having them alive is a good thing!)

Though it is telling perhaps that they're now acting as a voting bloc on Deus...

So as for the Superdorf-Deus inspection debacle? They've both claimed mafia inspects on one another and we should resolve it one way or the other.

Okay, ignore the part of nightkilling KitRougard or TricMagic, seems like I misread the role's description. I guess that leaves lynchingnTricMagic as the only possible move, and then having Deus nightkill Superdorf. TricMagic can be lynched tomorrow, and with that the cult will be gone.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 30, 2019, 04:24:32 pm »

Your Move is based on Deus being Town then, rather than scum? Also, didn't dorf got a cop ability from Dues? Why is killing a Cop a good move?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 30, 2019, 04:26:23 pm »

What, you're defending me now? I thought I was "very suspicious". What changed?

klonk
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 30, 2019, 04:27:05 pm »

I've been operating under the assumption that attempting to kill one of the cultists would result in me becoming a cultist as well, but it's probably best to confirm that since it impacts my thoughts on the best strategy a fair bit.

Shakerag, if a player that has both Green Goo and Black Goo is targeted by an ability, will the ability's user become Green Goo or Black Goo?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 30, 2019, 04:27:31 pm »

Persus: I'm not sure what I think of this "guilty until proven innocent" thing you have going with RGU. Do you have reason to believe he is cult?

klonk
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 30, 2019, 04:36:46 pm »

Shakerag, if a player that has both Green Goo and Black Goo is targeted by an ability, will the ability's user become Green Goo or Black Goo?
In a case like that, it would be a 50/50 chance of either.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 43