Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3767035 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #6015 on: June 14, 2013, 12:36:43 am »

The relevant post with link is listed under Fan Works by the way.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: June 14, 2013, 12:54:38 am »

For those who want to meta, ffs posted an explanation of his crafting system in Roller's block.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: June 14, 2013, 01:03:57 am »

The relevant post with link is listed under Fan Works by the way.

Drat... I read through that, but my eyes just skipped over the brief quote by mastahcheese, like it was an image caption or something.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: June 14, 2013, 12:18:27 pm »

He also wanted the red mushroom.
actually, he wanted a meal, and we just happened to have the mushroom on us.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: June 14, 2013, 12:21:49 pm »

He has waited for this mushroom for a very long time.
Emphasis his. Clearly, he really wanted this mushroom--or a mushroom much like it, at least.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #6020 on: June 14, 2013, 12:22:47 pm »

We need to get Slog back so he can eat Oric's red Soul Star.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: June 14, 2013, 12:29:30 pm »

We need to get Slog back so he can eat Oric's red Soul Star.
It...it might be an, um...interesting experiment...but do you really want to force the players to fight Slog as the Real Final Boss?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: MEGABATTLE
« Reply #6022 on: June 14, 2013, 01:53:31 pm »

((At some point, someone is going to reread the entire thread because they lack sanity and then finally get one of those questions right. I pity the fool. Update(s) plural tomorrow, most likely!))

...heeeeeeeeeey. I got a question right before I reread the entire thread, does that still count?

Have we floated the theory that the lights in the void are rooms being flushed in the course of random room generation? More importantly, has anyone provided CITATIONS that this is the case?

Advanced Navigation complete up to meeting Yaos. Chapter 2 Part 5 was even longer than Part 4, especially when you factor in all the behind-the-scenes stuff and the main menu shenanigans I included for some reason. Just have Part 6, the Spirit Duel, and the unnamed current Part to catch up on now!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: June 14, 2013, 08:29:30 pm »

DOUBLE POST MADNESS

Ha! Who says theorycrafting has to end at the thread? Area 11 released an album with a song about Twoota on 1-31-13, 14 days after the thread started! Though at earliest it was written 11 days before the release, as the Astral Influx wasn't shown to change PoV until 1-20-13.

More seriously, I made a thing. A thing which is now my desktop. Not super-thrilled with the background; the gradient is better than a flat color, but I don't know how to make it more interesting without being "busy." The border of the yellow at the top is still a bit abrupt to me; I slapped a blur effect on there which is much better than it was, but I dunno, probably wants a proper outline/border. I also debated whether to toss a Cherish quote in the middle space there but 1) I prefer cleaner desktops, didn't want it too "busy," and 2) What Cherish quote?

Mostly I did it as an excuse to fool around in GIMP; as a result, I made sure to save a copy with all the layers in their unmerged state so I can go back and fix things *cough cough* *fishing for suggestions* *cough*

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: June 14, 2013, 08:41:55 pm »

and 2) What Cherish quote?
Was it something about alcohol?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: June 14, 2013, 09:24:20 pm »

...That's exactly what I thought. Creepy.
Maybe some quote from back when she was a hyper little girl, say her response to Al letting her come along.

Or, better yet: Semi-official TWoOtA backgrounds for ALL characters who have ever been in the party! And all Siblings! And Chief!
Sig

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: June 14, 2013, 09:41:31 pm »

I would recommend adding a very thin line around the box of the same, maybe slightly darker color, with a little spacing. Tell me if it works or not?
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: June 14, 2013, 10:10:34 pm »

...That's exactly what I thought. Creepy.
Well, that was a pretty much perfect setup.

Maybe some quote from back when she was a hyper little girl, say her response to Al letting her come along.

15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: June 14, 2013, 10:18:43 pm »

That's pretty good.
And add some more serious quote from later.

Maybe each of these hypothetical TQoOtA Desktops should have a Serious Quote and a Funny Quote.
Sig

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: June 15, 2013, 03:10:51 am »

He has waited for this mushroom for a very long time.
Emphasis this. Clearly, he really wanted this mushroom--or a mushroom much like it, at least.
And if we'd fed him a yellow mushroom or a blue mushroom or a luminescent green mushroom we'd have probably got the exact same thing just with slightly different wording and a slightly different picture, and now people would be going on about how yellow/blue/luminescent green was Slog's favourite colour.
Anyway, shouldn't we have learnt from the Cain theorycrafting thing about making decisions based on their 'colour'?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 03:18:44 am by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 1544