Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1257878 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #10830 on: July 27, 2012, 04:29:42 pm »

I see Utilities and batteries in labs everywhere. What I'm guessing is a lab finale sometimes has tons of rare ones, but there seems to be different kinds of that room, and they won't all be the bionics holding type.   I've seen CBM:hazmat in a sewage treatment plant before, and lots of CBM:construction in mines.  And I hear combat CBMs can show up in military type places, but haven't seen any there myself.

I think I've seen Super Soldier in crash sites. It was the only one I have ever seen anywhere since playing.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #10831 on: July 27, 2012, 04:30:17 pm »

I see Utilities and batteries in labs everywhere. What I'm guessing is a lab finale sometimes has tons of rare ones, but there seems to be different kinds of that room, and they won't all be the bionics holding type.   I've seen CBM:hazmat in a sewage treatment plant before, and lots of CBM:construction in mines.  And I hear combat CBMs can show up in military type places, but haven't seen any there myself.
The combat ones also show up in some wrecks. Once this game I found a wreck with 5 CBMs; a desert survival, ranged combat, and melee combat included. The desert survival one I really want to find a bunch of. They do things like decrease food and drink requirements. Unfortunately, mine broke on installation D:

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10832 on: July 27, 2012, 04:32:53 pm »

I get my regular bionics in lab rooms.  Not on the surface, but the floor below that, and all the way down to the bottom, you'll see that each map tile will be 2 or 4 rooms.  These rooms will sometimes hold a two-sided chamber of bionics with a computer in the center.  Hacking or explosives will open the containers and reveal the bionic goodness.  Plenty of Utility, Power Sources, Internal Battery, and some less common ones like Hazmat sometimes.

For the GOOD bionics, like Neurological, Supersoldier, Desert Survival, Construction, etc, you'll want to scour the rare sources.  Bank vaults, military bunkers (dunno about outposts), lab finales (the room at the very bottom, you'll know when you see it), helicopter crashes, and dead soldiers.  It's just a matter of going through them until you find one.  Luckily bank vaults are some of the easiest, although the least likely to reward you.  I suggest breaking in - if you're strong enough to break into a bank, you're probably strong enough to harvest the secubots for metal and electronic bits, which should go towards your vehicle or towards CBM:Internal Battery crafting.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #10833 on: July 27, 2012, 04:44:05 pm »

I found my new base of operations.

A military bunker. I have access to it (one military ID) and it has no turrets. I have a shovel to fortify the exterior, and in one room (I can see through walls for some reason) there are four CBMs.
Those walls are probably reinforced glass.

And I finally found a CBM vault in the lab! :D

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10834 on: July 27, 2012, 05:02:54 pm »

EDIT2: does it display a warning if you try to move into a pit?

Yes for a deep pit (they do damage), No for a shallow pit (they just slow you down like a window)
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10835 on: July 27, 2012, 05:14:36 pm »

Maybe You have a mutation that lets you see through walls?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10836 on: July 27, 2012, 05:57:35 pm »

I found several bottles of the stuff. surprisingly, I got full night vision and only a few bad side effects (deformed, weak stomach and growling voice)

EDIT2: is there a way of cooking stuff minus the hotplates?

Everything you need for every craftable/cookable thing you can possibly do, are right there when selected. You're being silly. But to answer your question, yes, there are several ways actually. Full night vision can go further to thermal vision(accurate position of most mobs which are in the dark/underground)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10837 on: July 27, 2012, 05:58:46 pm »

Fire helps.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10838 on: July 27, 2012, 06:05:40 pm »

Attempt one:
Start USB Drive based quest.
Find house.
Find squirrel.
Throw rock at squirrel, headshotting it.
Smash door to damaged state.
Smash open window.
Get gangraped by blobs.

Edit: Did tutorial. Accidentally set self on fire. Died immediately.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 06:12:11 pm by Slayerhero90 »
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10839 on: July 27, 2012, 06:12:46 pm »

EDIT3: found a bug: wearing clothes straight off the ground causes you to create a duplicate; you wear one, the other stays on the ground.

This bug was fixed in the newest version.
Love, scriver~

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10840 on: July 27, 2012, 06:13:49 pm »

I was hoping that you could make some sort of fire starting kit or something like that.

oh well.

You don't need a kit to start a fire, just something flammible and a lighter.  A fire within 2 tiles of your position works like a hotplate for most if not all food related crafting.  Drop something like a XXrope reed thongXX on the ground, step back and activate your lighter on it.  And like magic, ‼XXRope Reed ThongXX‼

Though it IS significantly safer to dig a deep pit, drop your flammables in there and then light it.  Fire can spread, but fires in pits can only spread to adjacent pits, allowing for a controlled fire.  I have mostly been using a single 2x4 for a cooking fire, and it lasts more than long enough for a few cooked meats/veggys.  Empty paper wrappers also work, as well as most clothing.  You don't want the fire too big though, a light fire will hardly produce any smoke, and is great for cooking.  A big raging fire will produce thick smoke even when contained, which can harm you and interrupt crafting.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 06:20:03 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10841 on: July 27, 2012, 06:16:43 pm »

Your lighter is not good reading material.

Also, it appears i just set the walls of the tutorial room on fire.
My tumblr.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10842 on: July 27, 2012, 06:22:02 pm »

You know you've learned all you can from your teacher, when you kill him.

Similarly, burning down the tutorial room is the only way to be ready.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10843 on: July 27, 2012, 06:24:12 pm »

Congratulations, You have won the tutorial.   Make sure you step away from that gas pump...

EDIT: I'm pretty sure my first victory over the tutorial room involved pumping gas and lighting it.  I lost more than my eyebrows.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 06:26:59 pm by Greiger »

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10844 on: July 27, 2012, 06:29:59 pm »

You know you've learned all you can from your teacher, when you kill him.

Similarly, burning down the tutorial room is the only way to be ready.

What teacher?
My tumblr.
Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 777