Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 359100 times)

TaiwaneseRedneck

• Bay Watcher
  • Ufck that isht!
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Dem spheres
« Reply #360 on: August 31, 2012, 06:21:08 pm »

I also run back to the spheres

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 31, 2012, 07:07:39 pm »

Raise both the corpses, tell them to EAT DA BRAIN, run like hell.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 31, 2012, 10:02:09 pm »

That was a terrible Detect traps rolls. :/ But at least I'm not dead. *Knocks on wood*

Search for anything of interest.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 31, 2012, 10:18:12 pm »

((And thus the increased death probability of nameless characters is proven! I'll get another char up soonish.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 31, 2012, 11:00:44 pm »

Nooo! Kadzar, you best bring Rupert the Raven back with you! I won't have him pecking at GNHS's corpse!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 31, 2012, 11:07:09 pm »

Examine this place in great detail after lighting one of my new torches.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 31, 2012, 11:43:24 pm »

Nooo! Kadzar, you best bring Rupert the Raven back with you! I won't have him pecking at GNHS's corpse!
I will if I can (maybe dropping my spoon if needed), otherwise, we may have to go on a rescue mission (also bringing back those healing potions if possible).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 01, 2012, 04:32:25 pm »

Oh, shit. I run back to the hallway of spheres. I'm not facing that thing alone.

You proceed to bugger out of the room like a bat out of hell, passing the good doctor as you barrel out of the bright blue sphere and into the hallway.

I also run back to the spheres

You run back into the hallway with the spheres. But weren't you with Midna and Hans anyways? Eh.

That was a terrible Detect traps rolls. :/ But at least I'm not dead. *Knocks on wood*

Search for anything of interest.

[1 + 5] How about this for something interesting. The pew have hinges in them, so that people can store hymnbooks and religious items in them.

Well, you didn't exactly roll a twenty...

Examine this place in great detail after lighting one of my new torches.

The crawlway past the red sphere is a rather crude hallway that ends abruptly, as if the rooms it was connecting to were pulled off the drawing board at the last minute. Honestly, it's not much to look at.

Oh wait, you're looking for secret entrances and things, right?

[17 + 5] Well, it's your lucky day. You detect a secret door at the very end of the hallway.

Raise both the corpses, tell them to EAT DA BRAIN, run like hell.

[9] Zombie-making isn't something that you can half-ass, so your attempts at making undead minions ends in failure. Still, at least you got out of that alive, eh?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 01, 2012, 06:01:39 pm »

I go investigate the silver sphere.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 01, 2012, 10:29:53 pm »

Wow, this is the shittiest rogue I've ever played.

Search again, but like a boss this time.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 01, 2012, 11:28:53 pm »

So, to recap, the Chapel is 70x70, with a railing-lined 20x70 inner sanctum/altar area at the far end of the chapel, which appears to be cloaked in magical darkness:
Chapel accoutrements fill this chamber, including great wooden pews on either side of a central mosaic path that leads toward an altar on the far side of the room, which is separated from the pews by a wooden railing. Scenes of everyday life are painted on the walls, but all the people are portrayed with rotting flesh, skeletal hands, and worm-ridden orifices. Yet depicted amidst these disturbing portraits are various symbols of readily recognized benevolent deities.

Behind the wooden railing is an opalescent blue altar, which is set before a tiered dais that supports a well-carved and padded wooden chair. Two large brass candelabra, each holding five white candles, stand on either side of the dais. Two large white pottery urns, each stoppered with brass, sit in each corner. A human skeleton wearing badly rusted and torn black chainmail lies dead in the southwestern portion of the room, one outstretched arm seeming to point into a mist-filled arch on the southern end of the west chapel wall.

I'll search the pews and outer area, before approaching the blue altar, and the misty arch, and giving them a look over as well. I'll keep my distance from the skeleton, though.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 02, 2012, 12:04:28 am »

search the Silver sphere.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 02, 2012, 12:06:45 am »

PTW. Because I lack any commentary more witty than a three letter acronym.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 02, 2012, 12:15:00 am »

Examine that door for traps then open it and back off a bit to see if anything happens. If nothing happens, cautiously move forward a bit after marking on the wall that there's a secret door here, with an arrow pointing at it, incase it closes behind me.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 02, 2012, 12:15:16 am »

PTW. Because I lack any commentary more witty than a three letter acronym.

I think the fact that your comment is witty despite stating that it isn't is somewhat ironic as well. This may be an example of dry, ironic wit.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 134