Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 359100 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Now the title makes sense
« Reply #1530 on: November 15, 2012, 05:36:52 pm »

Go rock out. Attempt to see if trading a guitar is viable for some of my gold or any sapphires I may have, I'm ok with removing one from my sword.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: November 15, 2012, 05:47:58 pm »

FLEE IN TERROR FROM THE WILD MAGIC CONCERT IT WILL KILL US ALL SOMEHOW!!!
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: November 15, 2012, 09:15:44 pm »

Go rock out. Attempt to see if trading a guitar is viable for some of my gold or any sapphires I may have, I'm ok with removing one from my sword.

If I begin to feel strange in any way take my sword and lob my own ears off- the reduced hearing plus the pain should break any trance

Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: November 15, 2012, 09:23:09 pm »

Sneak along the newly revealed corridor slowly, checking for traps and secret doors along the way.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: November 20, 2012, 11:13:52 am »

I light up my lantern and walk through the north door. Search the whole Hallway and keep moving forward until I find something interesting. Disarm traps and open secret doors as I find them.

Sneak along the newly revealed corridor slowly, checking for traps and secret doors along the way.

[10 + 5] [14 + 5] The two thieves walk along the newly-revealed corridor, searching for traps along the way. However they find no traps, but they do find another secret door! Well, more like a secret manhole, set into the floor right behind the door. So we've got a secret manhole behind a secret door inside a false door. Makes perfect sense.

The rest of the corridor is relatively uninteresting, due to its lack of traps. However, it does have a set of narrow double-doors on its right side, about 50~60 feet in. The corridor also terminates in a stairway, though a quick investigation reveals that it leads to nowhere.

Attend concert, rock out tribal-style! Woooooooooo!

/dance

Everybody Dance Now!

The party, eager for some R&R and not D&D (death and destruction), begins to gather around the musicians for the most epic rock concert of all time. The mysterious smoke in the cavern begins to dissipate, as the DM doesn't want to deal with breathing and confusion effects somebody went overboard with the fog effects.

Mutter about how disco was better and then summon alcohol to sooth the savage musicians.

Before the concert starts, Aroth summons up some booze to sooth the savage musicians (and to make a killing at the concession stands).

[5] But forsooth, the musicians are not soothed at all!

"Pandesmos Brew? I said Bytopia Mead specifically!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

I'll post a map up in a bit, but right now I think that you guys have more important things to worry about.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: November 20, 2012, 12:08:29 pm »

((Yay, I made devil music!))
Stop jamming out, fireball the bad guys.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: November 20, 2012, 04:00:04 pm »

Go help Kazard and WallII with their exploration considering I'm useless in battle
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: November 20, 2012, 04:03:57 pm »

Search the door at the end of the hall for traps. No traps, then open it.
If there are traps, I'm descending into the manhole cover.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: November 20, 2012, 04:05:08 pm »

Also Fireball the bad guys!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: November 20, 2012, 05:19:09 pm »

Go slaying with everyone else, and enjoy the coolness of the handle of my sword, knowing my hands won't get sweaty.

[WILLPOWER: 20]. I KNEW WHAT HAD TO BE DONE.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 06:49:56 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: November 20, 2012, 06:00:16 pm »

Razdak Creates some Anvils to lay down a beat(ing).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: November 20, 2012, 10:28:09 pm »

Check that manhole for traps, then examine the end of the corridor for secret doors or switches. Stand well back when the other guy tries to open it.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1542 on: November 23, 2012, 01:58:44 am »

Hmm, they are more picky then I thought they would be, what with it being free beer and all. Anyway,
name: Claw
Class: Fighter

He is a human with hands and arms polymorphed into a bears. While the claws are effective as weapons his main attack is using puns.

Show up riding a rolling rock and attack them by exercising my right to bear arms.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: November 24, 2012, 10:07:23 pm »

((Yay, I made devil music!))
Stop jamming out, fireball the bad guys.

[WILLPOWER: 18 + 5] You successfully resist the harmful devil music and prepare yourself for mortal combat! Or immoral combat, seeing as you're facing rock musicians.

[17] Your fireball shoots out and hits the two chanters full in the... incorporealness. I don't know, I'm not an expert on ghosts. 1 fire 1 fire

Also Fireball the bad guys!

[13] You also fireball the bad guys with all the skill that you can muster. Hint: It's a lot. 1 fire 1 fire

Go help Kazard and WallII with their exploration considering I'm useless in battle

[5 + 5] You help Kazard and WallII in their exploration. And by help I mean hold Wall's lantern. At least they have slightly better illumination now. Slightly.

Search the door at the end of the hall for traps. No traps, then open it.
If there are traps, I'm descending into the manhole cover.

Go slaying with everyone else, and enjoy the coolness of the handle of my sword, knowing my hands won't get sweaty.

[AUTOSUCCESS] With great skill and vigour, you take a slice at the ghost musicians! Did I mention that they're ghost musicians? I thought I did.

[SUCCESS] Anyway, as ghost musicians they're sometimes immune to normal weaponry (about 50%), though you obviously you don't care as your mighty sword tears the bassist a new one. 1 damage

Razdak Creates some Anvils to lay down a beat(ing).

[7] The musicians laugh at your silly anvils and easily phase through them. Given that you're fighting ghosts (somehow), that shouldn't have been too surprising.

Check that manhole for traps, then examine the end of the corridor for secret doors or switches. Stand well back when the other guy tries to open it.

[7 + 5] You find no traps, though it's a little late for the other guy now. Oh well.

Hmm, they are more picky then I thought they would be, what with it being free beer and all. Anyway,
name: Claw
Class: Fighter

He is a human with hands and arms polymorphed into a bears. While the claws are effective as weapons his main attack is using puns.

Show up riding a rolling rock and attack them by exercising my right to bear arms.

[AUTOSUCCESS] Ah-ha! Your right to bear arms is highly respected by the two ghost musicians.

[FAIL] Of course they're still ghosts (or ghost-like) and your bear arms have no effect on their ethereal hide. Maybe you should have spent less time learning puns and more time on figuring out how to actually hit them.

The demonic guitarist (who's also a ghost. Did I mention that he's a ghost? Well, he's a ghost) finally comes to the end of his guitar solo. However, before everybody can breathe a sigh of relief, the devilish bassist begins to lay down some sweet power chords!

[WILLPOWER: 20 + 5] [WILLPOWER: 12 + 5] [WILLPOWER: 19] [WILLPOWER: 10] Malaken, Razdak, Nikolai and Claw all resist the effects of those sweet-ass chords! Looks like the evil music of those devil-worshipers ca-

[WILLPOWER: 2 + 5] Goddamn it, Kadvega Montalka. I thought we told you never to listen to those hellish records again! But no... you had to go and listen, and now you're-

Uh... Montalka is the only person who doesn't resist the bassist's music, and is once again rocking out. Bummer.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

I checked this thread and thought: Why the hell isn't anybody posting anything? And then I remember that I wanted some more time to look over the turn. Ah... It was worth it.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: November 24, 2012, 10:17:05 pm »

Razdak shoots some Dumbfire Magic Missiles at the ghosts. Let's see them phase through force damage!
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 134