Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Arena using companion  (Read 571 times)

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
Dwarven Arena using companion
« on: May 08, 2008, 02:35:00 pm »

Okay, so I made an Arena while using companion so I could berserk the guys and watch them go at it after I noticed that you could check and uncheck the "dead" tag. So, I put four legendary guys in with 20 in all attributes in the arena. Lock the doors, open the gates(Basically, lower the bridge over the channel)and they go at it. Unfortunately for the little kitten in the middle, I didn't notice him until it was too late. But anyways, turned out you couldn't raise the dead dwarves. I figure, no real loss I started with 10 dwarves anyways(Tweak let me do that.)so no big deal. So, I take the winner out of his mood and let him be on his merry way. However, he started killing my other dwarves. I noticed before he got far, and killed him with companion(With the wounds he had, he should've been dead anyways, I'd healed him before taking off the mood.) so now I'm down to four dwarves. So, what I'm wondering is: Should I continue the fort, or abandon then reclaim it? Oh, and its on an Adamantine tile.
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
  • My glasses split light.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Arena using companion
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 03:32:00 pm »

Do whatever you want to do. Reclaiming isn't a bad idea.

Ubersoldat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 06:01:00 pm »

I would treat anything bezerk, companion'd or otherwise, with a lot of caution. I had a bezerk muskox kill a good number of military dwarves once, even taking a few crossbow bolts.

If your surviving dwarves aren't tantruming like crazy, I'd just keep on trucking as is. It depends on how large your fortress is, though, as the mess from reclaiming probably wouldn't be as bad on a 2x2 fort as, say, a 6x6 fort.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 07:27:00 pm »

You can raise dead dwarves. You just have to uncheck both dead tags.

Oh, and I'm not sure if it's fixable, but if a berserk dwarf attacks (might not even need to be successful with the kill) it will forever be counted as an enemy of your civilization, and will be killed on sight even if it acts friendly.

I'm guessing this functionality was added recently, where you could go to war with a civilization or religious entity by attacking them. It'd go down in legends and everything.

[ May 08, 2008: Message edited by: Lightning4 ]

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 07:36:00 pm »

I only saw one dead tag?

Yeah, I was warned they'd be enemies if it happened. I didn't listen though...

Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 09:36:00 pm »

Yeah, there are two.

Occasionally, you will revive somebody and they'll bleed to death instantly.  In that case, heal them and then turn them into a bronze Colossus or something else that doesn't bleed until they stop flashing the "heavily wounded" flag.

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 04:48:00 am »

You could just set the bleed to 0