Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 168

Author Topic: Necromancy? 5E  (Read 97296 times)

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancy? 5E
« Reply #405 on: August 02, 2019, 10:30:01 pm »

You do the face stuff. "Ah! It will be good, it will be very good, to travel, to see new land, new wa-ters!"
You head into the back room, a small bedroom; a bed with a rather full backpack sat on it, a wooden armoire & bird-Makdt packing a small pouch from a drawer.
You take the backpack and hoist it onto your back, going back out into the main room.
"Nearly done, just need to put this stuff away." Makdt says putting full slotten crates into a secret hideaway under the floor.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 02, 2019, 10:39:55 pm »

Smile'n'nod. Wait for Makdt to finish.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 02, 2019, 11:14:52 pm »

Makdt finishes up storing her shop goods, closes the hideaway which blends perfectly into the floor, & hops up at the same time her bird come out the back.
"One last thing before we go," She pulls out two velum cards from her hip pouch and gives them both to you.
Two velum cards; one with text, one blank
"It's a starsheet card, you'll need to attune to the blank one and give it back to me." she informs you

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 02, 2019, 11:26:47 pm »

”How do I attune to something? What is attuning?”

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 02, 2019, 11:55:23 pm »

”How do I attune to something? What is attuning?” you ask Makdt
"Attunement is forming a bond with a magical item you are familiar with over a short restful time, usually an hour spent in contact focused on it is enough. Low grade magical items like starsheets can be attuned without knowing anything but the items name, while mid grade & higher magical items may require at least an hour up to a year to get familiar enough to attune. As well attunement limitation mean you can't be attuned to more than three magical items of any grade at any one time." she tugs on the brim of her witch-hat, "For instance my hat is a mid grade magical item as is that starsheet, I could attune to one more magical item... but any more after that would fail." she explains.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 03, 2019, 06:32:06 am »

”Thank you”
Focus on the blank starsheet card, attempting to attune to it

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 03, 2019, 07:56:56 am »

”Thank you”
Focus on the blank starsheet card, attempting to attune to it

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 03, 2019, 08:08:54 am »

"Thank you."
You take the time to attune the blank starsheet card; as soon as you finish you notice something like ink running onto the velum from where you are touch it.
The 'ink' runs across the card and condenses into words & numbers & symbols.
Attuned starsheet card;
▒▒▒▒▒
a 'skull' next to a ♂
'what looks like several words overwritten' next to a 1
a shield with the number 12 in it
a heart with 32 inside
a dark eye with 30 over it and 9 under

there are also the numbers '14 8 15 10 12 13' on the back

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 03, 2019, 08:10:38 am »

We should probably ask Makdt what this stuff means.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 03, 2019, 08:24:09 am »

We should probably ask Makdt what this stuff means.

+1

Hand Makdt the chart back. "What is the meaning of this script, witch-Makdt?"

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 03, 2019, 08:27:30 am »

You ask Madkt, "What is the meaning of this script, witch-Makdt?"
She takes the card from you and looks it over, "Well, this says you are a nameless undead male..." she looks at the card a looking a bit confused, "There should be a class marked here but I can't understand what this means, the rest of this is pretty normal besides not having recovery hearts." she flips the card over, "Although your body seems to also not know its makeup or isn't sure."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 03, 2019, 08:52:53 am »

We... we have a character sheet!
We have a character sheet!
I am so happy right now.
We should look into obtaining a class at some point-- with our stats, I'm thinking fighter. Maybe we can find some retired soldier or something to teach us. maybe we can learn ourselves. Maybe we get to pick a class once we've fought enough stuff. I dunno.

This is exciting stuff! :D

Edit: Hm, actually, there's a couple bits I still don't understand... Point to the dark eye with the 30 and 9 surrounding. "What is this?"
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 09:14:09 am by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 03, 2019, 09:20:27 am »

Lets ask her what it all means and see if she can give us an example of what classes we could have.

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 03, 2019, 09:42:41 am »

You point to the dark eye with the 30 and 9 surrounding. "What is this? And what are 're-co-ve-ry hearts'?"
"This is darkvision, although these cards tend to use some sort of elder-rule that's not commonly used anymore so a can't really tell the distance or quality." she tells you apologetically "As for recovery hearts, it's something you can 'feel' inside and 'open' when you rest to recover... like magic inside that is near your heart that you can use to heal."she describes it like you should be able to mirror this, but there is nothing there for you to 'feel'.

You ask her, "What it all means and she give us an example of what class we could have?"
She responds trying to interpret your meaning,"Whats on this starsheet is what's 'written' on your soul, as for classes... you can learn any you have the basic body alignment for and have someone to train you..." she points to a place on her starsheet she gave you that says 'witch 2', "Like I could train someone to be a witch, but only if they have the body..." she stops to think, "and the readiness, otherwise their soul would burn up." she says with a twisted little smirk.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 03, 2019, 09:54:18 am »

Lets ask her what it all means and see if she can give us an example of what classes we could have.

Assumptions are dangerous and all, but we can extrapolate a lot of it with a little common sense, and from what we know of 5E D&D.

"▒▒▒▒▒" - our name, or lack thereof
"a 'skull' next to a ♂" Our creature type-- undead-- and our gender

"'what looks like several words overwritten' next to a 1" - We're level 1, but the character-sheet couldn't figure out what our class was; it wrote many different classes in the same slot, discarding them one after the other.

"a shield with the number 12 in it" - our Armor Class, or the number an enemy would need to roll to hit us
"a heart with 32 inside" - our hit points

"a dark eye with 30 over it and 9 under" - Our darkvision, apparently? Looks like it's from a different edition tho, so I don't really know much about it.

"there are also the numbers '14 8 15 10 12 13' on the back" - our stats. DnD stats are generally arranged in the following order:

- Strength
- Dexterity
- Constitution
- Intelligence
- Wisdom
- Charisma

I assume therefore that ours are arranged similarly. That would give us high Strength and Constitution, low dexterity, and middling intelligence-- which sounds about right, from what we've seen of ourselves so far.

Oh hey, we know Makdt's level now! Also her class, which... is not a core one. Looks like homebrew, or an edition holdover, or maybe a druid reskin? Probably not a druid reskin, we've seen her do some stuff that I don't think druids can.

That overcast ability is scary powerful... casting 5th-level spells as a level-2 spellcaster is the kind of thing a prospecting munchkin would break worlds with, given half the chance. I'm not sure whether I wanna do anything with that knowledge or no.

Edit: Er, March, do let me know if I'm pushing too hard with the analysis. I get inordinately excited around this stuff sometimes, but I'd rather not kill the magic-n'-mystery of the thing too much...  :-X
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 10:16:35 am by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 168