Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 55

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia: Gameover. The Smoke! It's In The Smoke! Was It Worth It?  (Read 87444 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia(11/11): Day 1: Time Drags On...
« Reply #195 on: June 28, 2018, 08:16:43 pm »

He has a power?

He's softclaiming something OTHER than the gun-modifying miller?
I wouldn't say other.

Okay, as promised, I'll explain what I think. I don't actually see a way it could be harmful to do so, right now. Therefore: TricMagic. You keep saying Honest. You mentioned the yugioh card, so I looked that up. Honest, Monster, LIGHT, [Fairy / Effect]... "You can send this card from your hand to the GY; that monster gains ATK equal to the ATK of the opponent's monster it is battling, until the end of this turn." You're a self-sacrificer, right? That's how your gunsmithing works. You have to be dead to do it. Sound right?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 28, 2018, 08:21:04 pm »

He has a power?

He's softclaiming something OTHER than the gun-modifying miller?
I wouldn't say other.

Okay, as promised, I'll explain what I think. I don't actually see a way it could be harmful to do so, right now. Therefore: TricMagic. You keep saying Honest. You mentioned the yugioh card, so I looked that up. Honest, Monster, LIGHT, [Fairy / Effect]... "You can send this card from your hand to the GY; that monster gains ATK equal to the ATK of the opponent's monster it is battling, until the end of this turn." You're a self-sacrificer, right? That's how your gunsmithing works. You have to be dead to do it. Sound right?

And that, my friends... is how you softclaim.

Wait, Gunsmith is just detecting who has a gun in Vanilla. Does he actually give people guns? I doubt this would be Mostly Vanilla.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 28, 2018, 08:25:58 pm »

Wait, Gunsmith is just detecting who has a gun in Vanilla. Does he actually give people guns? I doubt this would be Mostly Vanilla.
Nice to Meet you SK, want a gun?
Seems pretty clear from the original statement, honestly.

And I have enough data to say with reasonable confidence that the degree to which "like X, but with..." roles can stretch the "Mostly Vanilla" concept is far enough to accommodate this, theoretically. Sounds like "Like Miller, but if you die (maybe only if not lynched?), you can give someone a certain power", more or less.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 28, 2018, 08:30:47 pm »

So... are we convincing people to not kill Tric now?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 28, 2018, 08:33:36 pm »

So... are we convincing people to not kill Tric now?

maybe?
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 28, 2018, 08:36:38 pm »

I mean, you say maybe, but then we remember what MaxSpin said regarding BHK and TM, specifically that only oner them is town.

If he’s convincing folk not to kill Tric, can we thus assume he thinks Tric is the townie?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 28, 2018, 08:36:52 pm »

Not quite. though that would be very soft indeed. Soft'Soft'

[ur=]http://www.duelacademy.net/t49788-ali-s-next-mafia-game-themed-sign-up]---[/url]

I have been looking, and I'm pretty sure my Honest game on this site somewhere.

For now, know this. No, you are incorrect.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 28, 2018, 08:39:38 pm »

If he’s convincing folk not to kill Tric, can we thus assume he thinks Tric is the townie?
I would not recommend assuming that in the least! I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, just theorising what the secret is. And Tric shot it down now, anyway. That said, I'm now falling back to my previous theory "there is no secret power, Tric is just bullshitting".

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 28, 2018, 08:41:13 pm »

Actually, let me put my money where my mouth is for that. TricMagic, I followed your little rabbit hole as far as I care to, and now that you've only responded, once again, with more vague leading, I feel like you're just stringing us along.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 28, 2018, 08:41:37 pm »

I would not recommend assuming that in the least! I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, just theorising what the secret is. And Tric shot it down now, anyway. That said, I'm now falling back to my previous theory "there is no secret power, Tric is just bullshitting".

Or he's bullshitting that he's bullshitting, there is a secret power, and he was lying when he shot you down.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY WIFOM!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 28, 2018, 08:44:06 pm »

Nah, I'm a big believer in the theory that infinite regresses never go more than three levels deep.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 28, 2018, 08:45:39 pm »

Got IT!

My Honest Game

Check the alive spoiler in the starting topic.

TricMagic was Honest; a Modified Bodyguard

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 28, 2018, 08:49:34 pm »

Got IT!

My Honest Game

Check the alive spoiler in the starting topic.

TricMagic was Honest; a Modified Bodyguard

So this is what you are? Or is it just a reference. Be more clear about your claims, please.

Still, though, you're starting to look more like a slightly deranged town than a slightly deranged scum.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 28, 2018, 08:53:32 pm »

This was a big game... or at least long.

Back to Mafia-

No, I just play an Honest Game. It's literally my thing. Nothing more to it.

Now to Mafia-

I mean, you say maybe, but then we remember what MaxSpin said regarding BHK and TM, specifically that only oner them is town.

If you think one of us to be the enemy, he is on my list.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia(11/11): Day 1: Evil's Afoot!
« Reply #209 on: June 28, 2018, 08:54:59 pm »

First thing's first: Extend

For all that, though, my vote right now is BlackHeartKabal:
You're practically lurking, or should I say lurking practically? Policy lynching the miller is an easy way to appear present without committing yourself to personal interaction.

I just said that I see potentially scummy things in TricMagic's posts. Can you persuade me that they really are scummy, enough so to get me to change my vote?
So, a D1 Miller claim being, as you admitted, a policy lynch isn't enough for you? Then no persuading on my end would convince me to lynch what comes off as your partner here anyway. I don't see any other reason someone, from your position, would ignore that.
Well then, BHK makes a point. You will die at some point, the earlier the better.

However, D1 lynch, in my opinion, needs to be informative. The only information we get from lynching TricMagic is whether or not he was lying. Not good enough.

If we have a vigilante or something, they can shoot him. If he’s alive tomorrow, we lynch him then.
Here I was thinking that this would be more open and shut. It's a miller. The entire point of a miller is that their quality impedes the town by giving a false positive to mechanical investigations. Because of this, miller is an amazing claim for scum because it, again, gives them an impenetrable excuse for their alignment flickering red to any cop that happens to stop by.

If he's scum - investigate pops red.
If he's miller - investigate pops red.

You see how that works? We literally can't confirm what they are unless we kill them or the game ends, because of the uncertainty that being a miller forces. They're an anomaly, and they're the most dangerous anomaly to leave alive for the end, especially since we don't even have a confirmation of the number of mafia or thirds.
I'm not one for D1's chaos, so of course something as important to pursue as a miller claim would be important to me. Because that miller offers certainty. It's certainty of uncertainty, yes, but it's still certainty. It's outright the most optimal move for anyone with a town wincon to make. To the point that I believe that anyone not pursuing this is either not thinking optimally, or doesn't have a town wincon. If I have to die for the town to start putting the miller and their defenders to the wall, then very well. Just because we aren't taking the current best plan doesn't mean we can't take the best plan for the next change in situation.

I'm inclined to agree with the fact that the uncertainty that a miller claim brings up is a bad thing. However, I'd also have to agree with IcyTea in that it shouldn't be our only focus. Especially with an extend upcoming we should have ample opportunity to pursue other people besides Tric.

Tricmagic:
I'm going to sit back and watch for now. Lets see where this goes.

Last time I checked, sitting back and watching was scummy. Not an accusation, just a thought.

You've been gone far too long moony. Give us your list at least.

Where's your reads list? You're asking Moony for his reads, but I don't see you coming up with your own.

Moony:
I'm going to sit back and watch for now. Lets see where this goes.

Sitting back and watching isn't a good idea, you should ask people questions, try to generate some content, maybe get some reads.

So what are your thoughts on BHK's asssertion that we should lynch Tric day 1? Do you think it has any merit?

IcyTea: I didn't say he needed a good reason, I said he needed a better reason. Just putting a vote on someone who already has a vote for no real reason is not a very town thing to do.

Maximum Spin:
I might as well admit that I do kinda think something is off about juicebox. Maybe he's an SK or mafia-ally, actually. Or maybe BHK is. I don't like to overcommit at this early stage. I'll reflect on this as I continue to write before voting, I think.

This is interesting, considering I've only made two posts up to this point. Would you be willing to share what exactly seems off? Also, do you have any evidence against Starver other than your intuition?

Mightymouse: I would like to point out that my vote on Tric was just a reaction vote. I didn't actually suspect him at that point, I just voted him to see how he would respond. Also, I'm leaving my vote on him because some of the things he's done since I've voted him have been suspicious

Right now, I hae a townread on mightymouse, hector, Starver, Max, and IcyTea. All of them are trying to generate some discussion and start to scumhunt. Everybody else except Tric is a null read for me.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 55