Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 229999 times)

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.1.3] _NOW IN 34.04_
« Reply #1440 on: March 04, 2012, 08:47:57 am »

As someone who likes to know details, I found it slightly frustrating that while there was an excellent summary table of the plants, I couldn't find easily find details of which skills are required for what weapons/jobs and which stockpiles the new items go under (e.g. that cleaned plastics and tyres go under 'tools' in Finished Goods). I say 'slightly' because I just read the raws to learn what I couldn't from the readme, but it's worth pointing out in case there are people who don't read the raws and get confused.

Now that that's out of the way:
Spoiler: "First Fort" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 05:19:15 pm by Psieye »
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: March 04, 2012, 05:17:42 pm »

Im enjoying these first fort write ups! Has solved a few things for me and lets me know what to expect during my video lets play. I'll be trying to lure the zombies over in my next vid. No down with something very dwarvenly!

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: March 05, 2012, 01:23:58 pm »

Remember that 'not-exactly bug' of merchants 'blowing up' as soon as they show up on map because some item they were bringing was made of surface rock or other such 'volatile' stone? Well, now that we have wagons again, those goods only 'blow up' upon reaching the trade depot. The partial workaround is to make sure you don't build your trade depot out of wood, as when these 'stones' blow up, they do severe damage to wood, cloth, food and other such 'squishie' items. You might want to write this in as a 'feature', e.g. the Reinheit are sabotaging the caravans.

Oh and I guess it should have been obvious that even meat is banned by the Enlightened.
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: March 05, 2012, 01:34:04 pm »

I think it fits kinda nicely with them, them being vegan version of elves, but better equipped. (tried arena testing: 1 enlightened grand master swordsman + crucible steel rapier vs 5 zeds. THe enlightened won, but this was before the infection...)

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: March 06, 2012, 01:17:07 pm »

As thematically appropriate as it is for the bitten to have a rotting tissue "advanced phase" before completely zombifying, they need to be disposed of before they hit that stage. I've taken to labelling expiry dates on all those who I see have early stages of zombification. The surface rock provides an excellent "execution ground" - send the condemned to dig and poof, the job is done for you with an easily identifable corpse afterwards.

On another note, can someone confirm whether training workshops are working or not? The dojo, archery range, doctor's workshop etc don't result in skill change as far as I can see.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: March 06, 2012, 05:09:10 pm »

Maybe you can add a caste to humans called "Enhanced Human" which would be just a regular human, albeit with a cyborg arm or leg or whatever, which could just be simulated by a limb made out of a metal, like iron.

maybe there could also be a civ like the BOS, in the way that they have some of the best tech, only that they are more like a machine cult ala 40k
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 05:12:47 pm by OREOSOME »
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: March 06, 2012, 10:31:39 pm »

As someone who likes to know details, I found it slightly frustrating that while there was an excellent summary table of the plants, I couldn't find easily find details of which skills are required for what weapons/jobs and which stockpiles the new items go under (e.g. that cleaned plastics and tyres go under 'tools' in Finished Goods). I say 'slightly' because I just read the raws to learn what I couldn't from the readme, but it's worth pointing out in case there are people who don't read the raws and get confused.

Thanks for the input, I'll adjust the read-me to be a little more clear on this.

Remember that 'not-exactly bug' of merchants 'blowing up' as soon as they show up on map because some item they were bringing was made of surface rock or other such 'volatile' stone? Well, now that we have wagons again, those goods only 'blow up' upon reaching the trade depot. The partial workaround is to make sure you don't build your trade depot out of wood, as when these 'stones' blow up, they do severe damage to wood, cloth, food and other such 'squishie' items. You might want to write this in as a 'feature', e.g. the Reinheit are sabotaging the caravans.

Oh and I guess it should have been obvious that even meat is banned by the Enlightened.

Hehe yeah I suppose I need a reason for the spontaneous combustion. Good suggestion.

Maybe you can add a caste to humans called "Enhanced Human" which would be just a regular human, albeit with a cyborg arm or leg or whatever, which could just be simulated by a limb made out of a metal, like iron.

maybe there could also be a civ like the BOS, in the way that they have some of the best tech, only that they are more like a machine cult ala 40k

Well, I don't want to get too futuristic. Corrosion's supposed to be an average zombie-apocalypse movie. The only reason why mutants are in is to bridge the gap between that and other hard-coded creatures such as Titans, FB's, and Vampires.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: March 07, 2012, 04:13:14 pm »

Skulking Infected sieges are like human sieges - the most annoying kind where they will deliberately camp at the map borders until some 2 months later when they finally decide to advance on your fort. Goblin siege behaviour is what I'd normally expect of zombie sieges, which is the case for the other Infected 'race'. Is the Skulking siege being intentionally annoying an intended feature or a bug?

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: March 08, 2012, 09:10:31 am »

Well, it is a bug, but (in the famous words of Notch) it is also a feature. The Skulking Infected are cunning, fast creatures that use their brain more than they use their brawn.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.1.4] _NOW IN 34.05_
« Reply #1449 on: March 08, 2012, 01:17:50 pm »

1.1.4 is up. Sorry, I haven't updated the changelog, but I've made a number of updates

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Skulking Infected sieges are like human sieges - the most annoying kind where they will deliberately camp at the map borders until some 2 months later when they finally decide to advance on your fort. Goblin siege behaviour is what I'd normally expect of zombie sieges, which is the case for the other Infected 'race'. Is the Skulking siege being intentionally annoying an intended feature or a bug?

I can't find any tags in the entity file that would suggest that they should be waiting like humans. It might have something to do with the [MISCHIEVIOUS] tag or the hard-coded ambusher AI.  :-\ Or they could be lazy.

I'll look into it, maybe I'm missing something.

Also I mistyped the url tag. Abregado's third video now shows up on the main page.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: March 08, 2012, 05:40:06 pm »

I can't find any tags in the entity file that would suggest that they should be waiting like humans. It might have something to do with the [MISCHIEVIOUS] tag or the hard-coded ambusher AI.  :-\ Or they could be lazy.

I'll look into it, maybe I'm missing something.
I recall encountering this when I was modding in some slaughter-fodder races for myself in 31.25. I could not figure out which tag was responsible for the human siege behaviour. In the end, I did the last resort of re-writing the affected race's entity raws from scratch, this time starting from a copy/paste of the goblin entity instead of the human entity. To my eyes, the end result in the raws were exactly the same before and after this last resort but the game acknowledged them to be goblin-style siegers now instead of human-style siegers.

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
  • Militia? Oh, you mean *serrated steel discs*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: March 09, 2012, 12:39:08 am »

Posting to follow! Once my current fort has crumbled I'll give this a shot or five for sure.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: March 10, 2012, 07:23:09 am »

Part 4 of my lets play is up here. Not the most exciting episode but I think Ive got a plan now!

http://youtu.be/SOs_AUMYL1s

Pallbearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: March 11, 2012, 08:22:21 am »

Perhaps you could add combat boots? If that's too sophisticated then maybe steel cap boots? I guess the foot plate is already basically a steel cap boot.

Also, maybe instead of calling the Shotgun Pistols Shotgun Pistols (wow, there had to be a better way to word that) you could call them Sawn-Off Shotguns.

I also recommend making a psychiatrist noble, like in Deon's Genesis mod.

Just my two cents.  :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 10:16:27 am by Pallbearer »

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: March 11, 2012, 10:55:06 am »

By the way, is it intended that shotgun shells make for better ammo capacity? Shells are produced in stacks of 15 which means a soldier will pack 2 stacks of 15 into his quiver whereas can only fit one stack of 25 bullets. Given shotguns hit harder than rifles, doesn't that mean the only reason to use rifles is the bayonet (and if you're resource-limited)?
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 111