Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 420601 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #1830 on: August 25, 2011, 04:15:42 pm »

I personally loved all kinds of memes and entirely fail to comprehend how people can get tired of them.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: August 25, 2011, 04:22:05 pm »

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hIVhpYmrBCo-yLUA9OgJwXRqrAWIprLlesONIs-JTqA/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1
Hah, funny thing.

The author used the balkanic quotation (where the starter quote is at the bottom). Also, "Zvezda" means star in Slovene.
While he writes like it was in Russia (comrades everywhere, Stalliongrad), I'm pretty sure the author lives in Slovenia.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: August 25, 2011, 06:07:12 pm »

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hIVhpYmrBCo-yLUA9OgJwXRqrAWIprLlesONIs-JTqA/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1
Hah, funny thing.

The author used the balkanic quotation (where the starter quote is at the bottom). Also, "Zvezda" means star in Slovene.
While he writes like it was in Russia (comrades everywhere, Stalliongrad), I'm pretty sure the author lives in Slovenia.

"Zvezda" means "star" in Russian as well, and those quotes are standard in pretty much all of Central and Eastern Europe. It's a toss-up.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 06:13:41 pm by Sordid »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: August 25, 2011, 06:37:17 pm »

Hah, funny thing.

"Zvezda" means "star" in Russian as well, and those quotes are standard in pretty much all of Central and Eastern Europe. It's a toss-up.

Well slavic languages are pretty close together. Them western slaves just rejected cyrlic.
Man i have to learn cyrlic one day.

Also "Zvezda" sounds similar in polish despite the different literation.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: August 26, 2011, 06:43:26 am »

Started playing the My Little Fortress: Magma is Magic mod.

I Giggled At The Ghosties, using training weapons to kill all those nasty monsters. I'm not sure that even magma would be as badass as a pony.

In other news, have any of you see the Darth Fluttershy or Pinkamena Vader Pie videos yet? Damn good, they are.

I also have some cupcake mix. Makes yellow base, pink icing, and has butterflies to put on top. Mmmm, Fluttershy. So delicious.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: August 26, 2011, 08:13:19 am »

FunctionZero is a shitty, lying hypocrite.

Or in other words, I'm writing a fanfiction. Oh, but this one will be different than any other fic. If I manage to write it, you'll see.

And damn, it's hard to write. I've actually got all planned out in my head, but forming words seems so hard. I just can't get those ideas on paper.
Yeah, formulating sentences is pretty much the hardest part of writing, and(IMO) the most important.
I'm actually writing a fanfic myself, but it's TF2. Pretty much just three huge action scenes :P
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: August 26, 2011, 12:00:41 pm »

Writing is hard stuff, but a lot of fun if you enjoy it.

Fun in the DF sense of course.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: August 26, 2011, 12:53:23 pm »

I find that the hardest thing about writing is making my characters believable. The finer points of character development and consistent actions are lost to me, I'm afraid. I try, but none of my characters ever come across as much more than flat to me.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #1839 on: August 26, 2011, 01:42:05 pm »

I thought about writing something myself, but I would just steal few good scenes from books I've read or movies I've seen. And I'm too lazy for that, I never have motivation for ANYTHING. I would make too many typos and (grammar)nazies everywhere would rage, rage, RAGE!
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: August 26, 2011, 02:22:50 pm »

I'd never write fanfiction.

Now, write a fangame (which of course would include a story, thereby be very similar to fanficiton), maybe...
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: August 26, 2011, 08:31:09 pm »

I've actually tried.  The hardest part is putting stuff to words.  Which I can't do for jack.

Thats why I just put up random concepts.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: August 26, 2011, 10:12:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: August 26, 2011, 11:42:41 pm »

I'm pretty sure you will only get the joke if you have heard the song before, but this Youtube video is hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mPA6QPrqvI&feature=related

Poneeeeeee Pony Poneeeeeeeee Pony

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: August 27, 2011, 12:19:27 am »

You've probably already seen this, but...
Cue dramatic 1900s opening music
HALF PONY
FULL
PONY
CONSEQUENCES
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 283