Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 418840 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #3765 on: October 17, 2011, 03:28:06 pm »

Horses grow to full size by 5 years of age. So yes, Spike is that young.
Touché. Although even considering that, I've heard estimations that the main 6 are at least in their teens, so he's over 10. Admittedly, that's still not much, but a 10-year-old's certainly not a baby by human standards.
Nothing important here, move along.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: October 17, 2011, 03:30:41 pm »

Horses grow to full size by 5 years of age. So yes, Spike is that young.
Touché. Although even considering that, I've heard estimations that the main 6 are at least in their teens, so he's over 10. Admittedly, that's still not much, but a 10-year-old's certainly not a baby by human standards.

Well, if he's ten, by human standards he's about 8/10ths of an hour old.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: October 17, 2011, 03:36:42 pm »

That would depend on how long it takes a dragon to grow up in the ponyverse. For all we know, Spike could be an adult at 30, which would put him, in relation to humans (assuming the 'legal adult' status of 18), at about 6. For 60 years, he would be 3. Considering his body size, it's probably the latter, but he demonstrates intelligence and lingual patterns beyond even the former.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: October 17, 2011, 03:37:35 pm »

I always read the mane six as college age, and Spike as middle school.  (Rarity already has a two-year degree, Fluttershy took a few community college classes, and the others never bothered.)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: October 17, 2011, 03:42:55 pm »

That would depend on how long it takes a dragon to grow up in the ponyverse. For all we know, Spike could be an adult at 30, which would put him, in relation to humans (assuming the 'legal adult' status of 18), at about 6. For 60 years, he would be 3. Considering his body size, it's probably the latter, but he demonstrates intelligence and lingual patterns beyond even the former.

Ah, but we know dragons sleep for at least a century at a time when they are adults, which is what I'm basing it off.
Of all the best possible episodes that could happen this is THE. BEST. POSSIBLE. EPISODE!

I mean, did you guiz SEE when RD want all "BOOOOOM I'm so fast I can make a fraking NUCLEAR SHROOM CLOUD" And Fluttershy beat up a BEAR how awesome isn't THAT?!?

Ummm, guys? What's all this... Complaining? Seriously?

I liked it too. Except for the title sequence.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: October 17, 2011, 03:52:40 pm »

They want to sell train toys, obv.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: October 17, 2011, 03:59:49 pm »

I'm okay with the graphics changes, just not the new singing.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: October 17, 2011, 04:01:59 pm »

I'm... pretty indifferent to the new opening. IMO it's not any better, nor is it really worse.

Should've made a whole new opening. Don't fix what's not broken, you know? And it wouldn't of taken any more effort.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: October 17, 2011, 04:02:10 pm »

Which, btw, was a serious breaker of WSoD for me in the episode with the buffalo indians. You have a typical train, with a locomotive, being pulled by horses/ponies. What is the point of the locomotive?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: October 17, 2011, 04:04:00 pm »

Which, btw, was a serious breaker of WSoD for me in the episode with the buffalo indians. You have a typical train, with a locomotive, being pulled by horses/ponies. What is the point of the locomotive?

Crew cabin.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: October 17, 2011, 04:07:02 pm »

They probably discovered the ruins of the device and figured out that it's supposed to be able to run on the tracks, but either because they didn't figure out the boiler or they just didn't want to burn coal to produce energy but thought the engine itself was aesthetically pleasing, they kept it on while still pulling it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: October 17, 2011, 04:22:39 pm »

Crew cabin.

This. IIRC, there was no car for coal/wood for a boiler, so it is basically a place for pullers to rest and eat, and you know how ponies like to make everything look fancy.

Also, regarding the third episode: I wasn't (for the most part) concerned about one episode being like that, apart from some of the more serious OOC-ness, so much as the possibility of more episodes being like that. Also, they should have either left the vocals on the title sequence alone or changed them completely.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: October 17, 2011, 04:24:25 pm »

They probably discovered the ruins of the device and figured out that it's supposed to be able to run on the tracks, but either because they didn't figure out the boiler or they just didn't want to burn coal to produce energy but thought the engine itself was aesthetically pleasing, they kept it on while still pulling it.

Alternatively, somebody on the creative team realized just how monumentally stupid a steam engine pulled by horses looks and they quietly dropped the idea.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: October 17, 2011, 04:25:15 pm »

Should've dropped the steam engine :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: October 17, 2011, 04:30:03 pm »

For that matter, they should have dropped trains altogether and gone with airships/zeppelins. Much cooler, and pegasus cloud technology could probably be used to propel them.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 283