Yeah, but have everyone keep their stuff and our point in the 'Story'
- 4 (33.3%)
Nah, let's keep going.
- 2 (16.7%)
Nah, just kill this.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 72

Author Topic: Mall Fight: RTD-ified: THE FAQ AND GENERAL Q THREAD  (Read 111125 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Mall Fight: RTD-ified *FULL* Gotta Catch 'em All!
« Reply #390 on: December 05, 2012, 11:43:15 am »

Harold uses Taze!
It's Super Effective!
(Aim for Swampert, that sounds like a water type.)

You run up to the giant beast and attempt to taze!
[Auto 3] It's not very effective! He get's a slight shock, but that's it!
I recognize....Uh, venosaur, blastoise, charizard...Uh...And that's it. Huh. I haven't played pokemon in years.

Gloriokal and co will run up to the "May" person and smash/slash/rend! Ignore the animals they summoned.
[1 Vs. 2] As you run up, flailing your razor-sharp shovel, May looks over, and bashes you in the face with one of the empty pokeballs! You fall to the floor, and touch your nose. You're not sure if that's red paint or blood, but SHE RUINED YOUR PERFECT NOSE.
May takes the time to try and curb-stomp you. Man, she's tough!
[1 Vs. 4] You roll out of the way just in time for her to slam her foot into the ground. Literally. There's now a hole in the ground and her foot is stuck in it. She can still call out attacks, though.
Shake off the initial shock of having brains blown out, and then SEISMIC TOSS CHARIZARD at RED!
[3 Vs. 5] You quickly jog over to Charizard and attempt to grab it by the tail. He does not like the idea. Being, say, three times your size, he flicks his tail, sending you flying into a wall. Burning. Did I mention his tail has a flame? It does. Don't grab there.
Grab the Syringe Gun, run to the food court. Spray Syringes at the Pokemon and then hide in a nearby restaurant.
You grab the Syringe Gun, leaving the Bow and endless Quiver of arrows there to disappear into the floor. You run back to the food court, executing a perfect matrix leap and [1] Shooting syringes straight up. All of which land in your chest. Ow.
[Roll for Syringe amount = 26]
All 26. Ew...
[Roll for turns infected = 5]
((...Oh.))

Lou uses Flamethower on Meganium!
It's Super Effective! [5] Meganium lights up like a torch, screaming and running around madly. Making a creature probably 5 times as large as you do that is quite a feat. In its little rampage, he manages to kick Ethan into a shelf knocking him out cold this turn!
"Oh my god oh my god I'm dead!"

>Freak the fuck out! Keep away from the light! ...Or are you supposed to go towards it? Damn, I don't remember.

>Freak out more!
[3] You freak out a bit, but get tired of it. You realize you are not dead. Anymore. And there are several giant beast right in front of you. Hm. Maybe you should've freaked out a bit more.
No idea. Though looking more closely at the video I'd have to say it goes a bit more towards Psychic. Though here are the Weaknesses and Resistances that I know of:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And completely not restricted to 4 moves.
Also new action.
Challenge Dawn. Use Psyche Locks. Defense greatly rose!
Also, do I have to roll for these or are they auto-success? For that matter, do the Pokemon have to roll?
[6] Edgeworth used Psyche Locks! Defense rose by 2! Attack fell by 1!
[4] Stainless steel umbrella and CDs GET! You also manage to find a roll of duct tape and a single saw blade. What could you do with THESE?

I have no idea. I just captchalogue everything, setting the saw blade for eject.

I stop and stare at the ongoing battle.

"This is surreal."

I look at the crowd of fighters. They don't look like a friendly bunch, especially the big guy with the gauntlets.

The trainers are punks though. Fighting monsters is not my idea of fun, but the trainers shouldn't be too hard to handle.

RaN: Distract the trainers by addressing them as underprivileged rabble, insinuating that they are too old for pocket monsters.

"HEY LOSERS! AREN'T YOU A LITTLE OLD FOR POCKET MONSTERS?!"
[2] "I'M A LOSER WHO'S WAY TOO OLD FOR POCKET MONSTERS! HA!" Once you realize what you just said, you decide to go hide in the nearest corner.

BOSS TURNS!
((First an Accuracy Roll, then an attack Vs. Defense Roll!))

Red Tells Charizard to use Inferno!
[9] But it failed!

Ethan is out cold! Megainum charges up solarbeam! He's aiming at...[1] Fernando! It will hit next turn!
Meganium gets hurt by its burn! it does 20 damage!

Swampert uses Muddy Water[/u] on Harold!
[4] It hits!
[6 + 1] A large wave of mud floods to food court, burying Harold, Meganium, and Lou!
[Defense Rolls: 4, 1, 1] Harold manages to hold on to life and climb out of the dirty river! Meganium and Lou, however, fainted!
The water subsides, and Lou's body and items disappear for now!

Dawn tells Regigigas to use Thunderpunch on...
[4] Tara!
[2 Vs. 2] But she dodges!

Hilbert tells Genesect to use Techno Blast! Techno Blast became Ice Type!
He uses it on [4] Tara as well!
[4 Vs. 6] Tara sidesteps and scratches at it with her nails!
[4 Vs. 2] They create a large gash in the robo-bug's arm!

Ethan wakes up and sends out Lugia! It has Hydro Pump, Areoblast, Future Sight, and Sky Attack!

Ally Turns!
Ankoth runs up to Genesect and tries to slash it!
[2 Vs. 1] He manages to slice an arm off! W00T!

HEA runs up to Swampert and tries to kick it!
[6 Vs. 5-1] She punts it in the face, splattering it on a nearby wall!

Gumshoe uses tackle on Regigigas!
[5 Vs. 5] But it failed!

Spoiler: Bosses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Players' Status' (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mall Fight: RTD-ified *FULL* TRAINER TIP: DON'T GRAB FIRE
« Reply #391 on: December 05, 2012, 05:33:20 pm »

Anyone?

An I must point out that Tara is probably the most powerful character here. She has an insta-kill weapon, a Healing weapon, Incredibly sharp nails, A lazer gun, and a pipe that has managed to BLOW UP two people's heads!

Fernando is next in line, with a lot of melee stuff and a Grenade Launcher. Then Lou, with a Flamethrower, Soap Gun, and a Sword Shop hideout. Then Charles, with a Gun, Syringe Gun, and a few Melee things, Gloriokal for his allies, Miles, Harold, and RaNDM.

HOWEVER, Miles jumps up to above Charles due to his usefulness in THIS battle.

Anyone disagree?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 05, 2012, 05:39:29 pm »

Hide and get uninfected.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 05, 2012, 05:51:32 pm »

I'm kinda disappointed Lou got taken out on the first turn of the battle because of an attack that wasn't even aimed at me.

Do I get to respawn or am I gonna have to wait until the boss fight concludes?

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 05, 2012, 05:52:13 pm »

My allies didn't help? Huh.

Gloriokal will attempt to summon a spirit from afar!

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 05, 2012, 07:00:08 pm »

Hmm. Use Babahlese fire on Genesect. Order Gumshoe to shoot Genesect.

Also. Do my moves have any particular bonuses? Or is it only decided by my weaknesses/strengths? Also Tara, if you want you could use the spycicle to put Fernando out.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 05, 2012, 09:29:11 pm »

I'm kinda disappointed Lou got taken out on the first turn of the battle because of an attack that wasn't even aimed at me.

Do I get to respawn or am I gonna have to wait until the boss fight concludes?
You do respawn with all your items! You still post an action, but because the fight is in a certain area of the mall, You'll have to roll to see where you respawn. It may be in front of an enemy, on top of one, or inside one.

My allies didn't help? Huh.

Gloriokal will attempt to summon a spirit from afar!

They...Kinda did. Ankoth chopped an arm off of Genesect, and HEA punted Swampert into a wall.

Hmm. Use Babahlese fire on Genesect. Order Gumshoe to shoot Genesect.

Also. Do my moves have any particular bonuses? Or is it only decided by my weaknesses/strengths? Also Tara, if you want you could use the spycicle to put Fernando out.
Yes, and No. The moves themselves get bonuses based on who you're attacking, and the move type. If the move you use is Dark or Psychic type, you get a +1 to attack for a same type attack bonus. If it's super effective, that's another +1. This applies to the enemies as well. Babahlese Fire would be Fire Type, so you would not get a Same-Type attack Bonus, or STAB, and it would get a +1 to your attack roll if you attacked a Grass, Steel, or...Bug type, I think...
And It would not be wise for Tara to do that, as It will A) Freeze him solid as it still counts as an attack, and B) Melt in the fire.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 05, 2012, 09:35:33 pm »

So... Double bonus?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 05, 2012, 10:16:19 pm »

Convince Genesect to join my side!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 05, 2012, 10:51:39 pm »

Run up to Swampert, punch him hard enough in the chest to spit out water on me and extinguish the flames.
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 05, 2012, 11:29:10 pm »

So... Double bonus?
Not for this. You're Dark/Psychic type. With modified Strengths/Weaknesses. Only a single bonus here.

detective1412

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 05, 2012, 11:47:55 pm »

Name: Genman
Occupation: Classic British Gentleman,comple with that typical hat and glasses and hickory cane and stuff.
Special Skill: Beating people to limbo with his cane,and of course,magnificient talking!
Quick Description: Genman was just trying his new gentleman clothes in the local mall store when this all crazy and shit things happen. His response? "Thou this is an uncivil fight,I shall defeat all of thee!"
Starting Item: Your typical hickory cane,Your typical magnificient glasses

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 05, 2012, 11:52:30 pm »

Name: Genman
Occupation: Classic British Gentleman,comple with that typical hat and glasses and hickory cane and stuff.
Special Skill: Beating people to limbo with his cane,and of course,magnificient talking!
Quick Description: Genman was just trying his new gentleman clothes in the local mall store when this all crazy and shit things happen. His response? "Thou this is an uncivil fight,I shall defeat all of thee!"
Starting Item: Your typical hickory cane,Your typical magnificient glasses
Sure, I can add one more in, I guess. How about...a straight up +2 to speech. Of any kind. Because I can't think of anything else for a Gentleman. Unless you're Professor Layton or Sherlock Holmes. THEN is gets into OP territories.

The cane is a good starting item, and, well, you're in the middle of a pokemon battle. So you can either do that or just kill people. Your choice, really.

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 06, 2012, 12:03:32 am »

Hm...

What Type of attack would Lou's Soap Gun be? I'm guessing the Glaive-Guisarme is either Steel type or Fighting type.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 06, 2012, 12:09:06 am »

Hm...

What Type of attack would Lou's Soap Gun be? I'm guessing the Glaive-Guisarme is either Steel type or Fighting type.
Well, I'd assume Water Type, and it would work as a defensive move. Set it up, and if an enemy attacks with a physical move, it fails, and they take damage.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 72