Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 101

Author Topic: Darkest Dungeon II. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Wagon Life.  (Read 210804 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope he's quite alive... matter of fact here's a picture of him holding his own head.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I'm sure that's not going to cause any psychological problems.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

At any rate he's stopped suffering from headaches.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile

Hilarious.

So, these Abominations.  I like using them for tanking.  They don't have any attacks in the very front, but in the one-back they can do stun attacks I think?  And they have that self heal that seems pretty robust.

I think one guy in the party got killed while I was tanking with this Abomination, without any healers (a Highwayman.  All of my deaths in this particular file have been Highwaymen so far, ripip), but everyone else was... pretty alright.  I think.

Anyway yeah.  Relatively sturdy, stun attacks, self-heal.  Good tank, even without his big gimmick move dealie, in my opinion.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

I recently lost my only Vestal. This is gonna be rough. Nothing but Occultist heals from here on out.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

So, these Abominations.  I like using them for tanking.  They don't have any attacks in the very front, but in the one-back they can do stun attacks I think?  And they have that self heal that seems pretty robust.

I think one guy in the party got killed while I was tanking with this Abomination, without any healers (a Highwayman.  All of my deaths in this particular file have been Highwaymen so far, ripip), but everyone else was... pretty alright.  I think.

Anyway yeah.  Relatively sturdy, stun attacks, self-heal.  Good tank, even without his big gimmick move dealie, in my opinion.

Try transforming. Try it. It's so fun. If you have a party member to reliably handle stress (Jester is best) there's no reason to not use the transform skill some times.

The best slot for an abomination utility wise is the second from the front. In the front all they can do is transform and use beast skills. In the row behind that they can use all their skills, both human and beast. I've tried parties with two abominations, one in front and one behind the first. They work really well with a jester in back to heal stress. If running two abominations I typically bring along a class in the third slot to provide buffs for the abominations, usually a plague doctor. A man-at-arms could probably work well too.

I want to try something crazy like a party with 3 or 4 abominations but I think there would be issues with keeping stress down and having everyone be able to use skills.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile

I transformed very briefly at the very end of the run.  I think nearly everyone was at like 1hp save self-heal Abomination-tank, and I only really got one or two moves off with him, I think.  I wasn't especially impressed... isn't it just damage? but then, I didn't look too close at those moves, nor get much opportunity to actually see them in use, so.

I've yet to see any Jesters or Cultists this run, either... I know Cultbro was one of my favorites for his heal in my initial play, when DD first came out.  Jester was nice too, purely for his questionably-effective stress healing.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

Abomination can deal some great damage in beast form without relying on crits, due to self-buffs and high base damage. His base damage is 7-14, which is higher than any class except the leper, equivalent base damage to the leper, but with better base accuracy than the leper. He has a camping skill that can buff his damage by 25% until next camp, his transform buffs him by an additional 10%, his aoe rake attack gains a self-buff on use, adding +15% rake damage at level 1, which can stack up to 3 times giving 45% damage total, negating rake's penalty of -40% damage. So you can have an aoe attack with good accuracy and high damage to mow through the front two enemy positions. Fully buffed rake would have +5% base damage at level 1, with +10% damage from transforming and possibly an additional +25% damage from camping. I like bringing a plague doctor with emboldening vapours (+25% damage +3 speed at lvl1) to keep buffing him further.

His rage skill lets him attack any of the front 3 enemy positions, dealing good single target damage without having the "buildup" period of stacking buffs that rake requires to reach max dps. The only target he can't hit in beast form is the enemy in the very back.

I find him to be a really reliable source of damage. No worrying about crits, has good accuracy, has good ability to deal damage to either crowds or single targets.

I happened to get a couple good trinkets for the class too, a green lock grants +15% protection for tanking, and an orange lock that lowers the stress damage inflicted on both himself and the party from transforming. Makes him all around great at everything I need him for, tanking and dealing damage in beast mode.

Also the transformation animation and the animations for beast form look pretty cool.  :P

I haven't gotten into the higher difficulty missions, but all the green missions I've taken him on go really smoothly, and I killed both the siren in the cove (really easily) and the bandit 8-pounder in the weald with two abominations acting as the damage dealers and tanks while a jester and plague doctor served as support.

I don't typically use a cutist. For healing in a party with the abomination I usually use either a plague doctor or arbalest.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile

Ooo, that does sound pretty strongk.  You know, now that I imagine it though, a freaky werewolf followed around by some clown singing about hilarious stuff or whatever the stress heal move is seems like it would just make it all the more unnerving.

Does the Doc have a heal?  I thought they only got battlefield medicine, which stops bleed and blight, and doesn't -actually- heal HP or anything.  I just love the Cultist because they like, the only guys that have a strong heal.  Incidentally, Docs are one of my favorite classes, because of that strong back row stun and their ability to clear corpses.  I also uh maybe have a hardon for plague doctors in general they are so cool looking hnngh.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

If you backed the game for stupid amounts of money, the backer survey for designing your own trinket has gone out. There's a problem with it, as no one seems to have authorization to access the Google Doc, but I imagine they'll get that straightened out soon.

You'll have until the 12th to submit your design. The item should be available to use by the 19th (seems like a really small window....)

I'm not as excited by this backer reward as I once was; the way RH has envisioned trinkets means a lot of really interesting ideas will probably be rejected as too complicated, unworkable or "doesn't fit the schema of huge penalty/decent buff item."

I think it's a real pity trinkets have ended up so boring, and fan submitted ideas probably won't change that.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

Does the Doc have a heal?  I thought they only got battlefield medicine, which stops bleed and blight, and doesn't -actually- heal HP or anything.  I just love the Cultist because they like, the only guys that have a strong heal.  Incidentally, Docs are one of my favorite classes, because of that strong back row stun and their ability to clear corpses.  I also uh maybe have a hardon for plague doctors in general they are so cool looking hnngh.
Battlefield medicine heals 1 hp at level 1, but it can be leveled up to increase the max hp (lvl2 heals max of 2, lvl3 has max of 3, etc) and it can crit for bonus healing, like all heal skills. The fact it can cure bleed or blight for both the doctor and the target means it effectively heals the amount of damage the blight/bleed would've inflicted over time. I typically don't carry bandages or antivenom, so blight and bleed damage can really wear down my party without a healer or a plague doctor to stop it. Other healers like vestal can't prevent bleed/blight damage, only heal. So they can heal more health per cast than plague doctor but also have to compete with the damage over time as well as the damage enemies might inflict with their next attacks.

Plague doctor has some good heal skills for camping; when I'm running a party without a vestal I typically use camping (feasts and skills) to heal if the party is really beat up.

Now that I think about it a plague doctor and cultist could compliment each other. Cultist heals but inflicts bleed, doctor removes the bleed that same turn. Because it takes 2 actions instead of 1 it probably shouldn't be relied on every turn. That extra action spent healing could've been used for damage or stunning or something.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now that I think about it a plague doctor and cultist could compliment each other. Cultist heals but inflicts bleed, doctor removes the bleed that same turn. Because it takes 2 actions instead of 1 it probably shouldn't be relied on every turn. That extra action spent healing could've been used for damage or stunning or something.

Plague Doctor and Cultist can also be a pretty strong offensive combo. Abyssal Artillery + Plague Grenade = a shit ton of damage vs back-row fishmen.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

If you backed the game for stupid amounts of money, the backer survey for designing your own trinket has gone out. There's a problem with it, as no one seems to have authorization to access the Google Doc, but I imagine they'll get that straightened out soon.

You'll have until the 12th to submit your design. The item should be available to use by the 19th (seems like a really small window....)

I'm not as excited by this backer reward as I once was; the way RH has envisioned trinkets means a lot of really interesting ideas will probably be rejected as too complicated, unworkable or "doesn't fit the schema of huge penalty/decent buff item."

I think it's a real pity trinkets have ended up so boring, and fan submitted ideas probably won't change that.
Yeah, this sounds pretty lackluster. Maybe they'll get into more complicated effects than they've been willing to do so far, so you can get corpse feasting or... is heal on kill/recover stress on crit like stuff in? That'd be some low hanging fruit, if not.

Hopefully it won't just be Biff's Rod: +2 Crit, +Edgy Flavor Text. I know Biff spent a lot of money on the game but still.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

It's....it's a mixed bag.

You get to choose up to 3 positive attributes from the pre-determined list of effects, and 3 triggers that affect them. (Low torchlight, etc...) If you want them to be trigger based. You do the same with 3 negative attributes. Choosing more than 1 attribute dilutes the effect of all the others on each side (positive/negative.)

So yeah. It's a personalized trinket, for sure. There's just no surprises out there. And they're still going to need to balance these. (It appears you can create 3 positive effects that are always active, counterbalanced by one conditional negative effect. Shit, if most trinkets in game were like that, they'd all be a hell of a lot more appealing to use.) No doubt they'll have to contact backers about items like that and give them the bad news that nothing can be that good in DD. And given the timeline for deployment, whether they'll get custom art is questionable.

I'm making a DODGE cloak with all sorts of thiefy traits on it at the cost of reduced HP, and reduced Virtue chance in low torchlight. I'm disappointed though. I wanted to make a trinket to increase gold drops at the cost of reduced stress resist.

-edit-

Apparently the deployment of trinkets on the 19th is going to be a sort of beta test on them, so players can try them out and then give feedback for tweaks. You'll type your trinket name into the vendor and you'll just get it in inventory to use. The timeline makes more sense for that and it's a fairly cool way to handle custom content. They're probably going to dump the results of the survey page straight into a database and from there into code. I admire the slickness of it while still being disappointed by the final results (trinkets in general.)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 07:20:02 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I'm making a DOGE cloak with all sorts of thiefy traits on it at the cost of reduced HP, and reduced Virtue chance in low torchlight.

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 101