Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 101

Author Topic: Darkest Dungeon II. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Wagon Life.  (Read 210788 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

Throw in a Maintain Equipment camp buff and he'll have 60%. Though I don't know why I'd use it over his party-wides; MAA has some pretty awesome camp skills.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Adrenaline Rush consistently increases the amount it heals as you level, so it goes from pointless to pretty worthwhile. 6 guaranteed healing with Blight/Bleed cure is respectable at level 5, even without the damage buff. It's icing on the "High damage to any rank" cake you can manage with 3 slots of hers.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

Throw in a Maintain Equipment camp buff and he'll have 60%. Though I don't know why I'd use it over his party-wides; MAA has some pretty awesome camp skills.
Yes, in terms of non-self buffs, bounty hunter and Man At Arms are the best.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Like I said. The other tanks are good, and while the Man-At-Arms and Crusader get self-prot....none of them can full heal with a single move, or knock off 10+ stress. The Leper is simply just better for that, AND has the advantage of hitting like a freight train. (I'm consistently disappointed with MAA damage.)

I wouldn't run all Lepers over the other tanks but....I don't worry about the Leper surviving or going crazy like I do the others. At the end of the day the MAA and Crusader and Helion all need help when their HP bottoms out. The Leper doesn't. If the Leper had self prot and self mark target, I probably wouldn't use the other tanks as tanks.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Retailation + guard can make the man at arms slap away 50% of attacks though...
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

If the Leper had self prot and self mark target, I probably wouldn't use the other tanks as tanks.
Leper actually has a self-buff that gives +25% protection. Withstand at level 1 heals 9 stress and gives +25% protection now, I don't think it used to do that.

Tried two lvl 0 lepers in a  party of occultist, plague doctor, leper, and leper. Went really well actually, lepers hit regularly after giving them each an accuracy stone for +5 acc and -1 speed. I think I'll use them more.

I even killed the collector with that party. Plague Doctor kept the collector blighted, occultist healed, weakened marksmen heads, and used eldritch artillery. The two lepers kept hacking at the front lines and even got to hit the collector a few times.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

There's a reasonably cheap and very good leper bracer that gives you +10 acc with a relatively small penalty to speed (IIRC).
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

Killed the veteran level Fulminating Prophet. Took my team of 2 lepers, a plague doctor, and an occultist. Lepers and plague doctor were level 3, occultist was level 4.

Although the prophet was killed (and two of his pews were destroyed for the 1250 gold they each drop), my occultist was killed, and the plague doctor and one of my lepers were on death's door. Once the occultist fell I had to focus on finishing off the prophet before everyone else died.

Ripperoni, Chandros the Occultist. You were a real bro in the fight against the eldritch horrors. He got crit heals often and wasn't afraid of anything. Except when he got the fearful affliction.

That makes the 7th hero to die in 34 weeks. in this save, at least.

So I'm reaching a point where my heroes are high levels but I can't upgrade their skills or equipment to match their level, either the buildings aren't upgraded or the upgrades are too expensive to feasibly upgrade everyone before a mission. It's making veteran missions pretty intense.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

My "strategy" for doing building upgrades:

Spoiler: May All Be Obvious (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

That's pretty much what I'm doing, but most of my heroes are at minimum of level 3 which pretty much forces me to make veteran runs. I agree that medium missions are the best. I've had some good lucrative runs with long missions though. At least novice level long missions. The one long veteran mission I've tried kicked my ass and cost more gold in deaths and supplies than it brought in.

I seem to be low on gold too though, which makes it a challenge to decide which has more priority in a mission, getting gold or getting heirlooms. Inventory space is proving to be annoying.

Spoiler: ruins curios (click to show/hide)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Spoiler: ruins curios (click to show/hide)
this changes everything

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Using a torch on the piles of scrolls will also cure quirks.

Almost all of the items can be used on curios, even the dog treats.  Be careful smashing things with the shovel though, some things react unpleasantly to being smashed.
Shoes...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Using a torch on the piles of scrolls will also cure quirks.

Quirk curing AFAIK:

Guaranteed
- Torch on piles of scrolls (warrens only, I think)

- Herbs on soothing coral (cove only)

- Holy water on eldritch altar.

NonGuaranteed

- Confession booth  (I'm under the subjective impression that it works more often with religious classes, but I've not found it corroborated elsewhere.

- Sacrificial Stone

I mention this because it's handy to embark quirked heroes in safe-ish warrens or cove quests with the intention of purguing them rather than churning out cash at the sanitarium

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

So guys, i wanna as, another question: Which charcater is your facorite in terms of personality? Mines Jester and Bounty Hunter. Hunter because whenever he crits hes just "snort, no biggee, ive seen worse" and the jester because hes pretty much the Joker from Dark Knight. When i fought the last boss, he got powerful and just cackled as his allies crumbled. Hell be laughing still....in the end.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am going to remove my l6 occultist from existence. 4 WRs [heal] in a row: 0 0 2 & 0.  >:( >:(

*edit*

When something like this happens, a specific picture should appear in-game.  :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 12:07:39 pm by gimli »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 101