Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 101

Author Topic: Darkest Dungeon II. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Wagon Life.  (Read 210630 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

Yah, she's kind of a luck boss. If you get unlucky, you have a hella time. If not, you dodge and resist everything
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Well, there is a bit of optimization you can do for the Siren. Basically, bring a couple of Lepers and fill your back ranks with support (Occultist + Houndmaster or Plague Doctor, I'd recommend). Generally, your support won't be able to hurt your party too much if they get taken, and the Lepers can't target your back rank person (and have lots of self-buff moves filling up the slots they can choose attacks from). Meanwhile you've got at least 1 front-rank Leper to tank.

I don't think it's really necessary, though.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile

I watched the replay I did on Twitch and I'm pretty sure that the charm is a debuff. With the holy water giving them 87% resist, the fight was over before I entered the room.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 11:53:25 am by Boltgun »

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

....you...
Are suggesting....
DD should go freemium...

Dude. No. Just. No.

:) I fully agree, but as a thought experiment I found it wicked to play with.

The interface in DD it fitting for a tablet game, so the producer just needs a way to cover the expenses ... but yes, - let us not go there.  ;)
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

The hamlet events update is out. Everything Burns.
Quote from: devlog
TOWN EVENTS – bonus recruits, extra supplies, facility closures, and more!  Each event is presented with unique key art and commentary by the Narrator (Wayne June), and many are supported with additional in-game art.  Be warned, The Hamlet is not as safe as it once was… (Note: you can adjust the frequence of Town Events in the OPTIONS menu, although they are mandatory for NG+)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

So I finished a champion activate quest in the Cove and got a 33% XP bonus for the next quest and 15% damage bonus if that quest happens to be in the Cove. Just in time to help with the Drowned Crew.

Presumably, the medicine quest reduces the prices of treatment in the sanitarium, the holy relics quest reduces the prices in the abbey, the Cove relics quest for the nomad wagon, and so on.

So there's a slightly better reason to do those activate/fetch quests.

Added a Default Party Order Button, find it on your Map in a dungeon!
Yay.

Trap disarm tooltip in tray now takes difficulty into account to accurately display chance.
If only that could quell the infinite rage of watching my characters fail a 110% trap disarm chance.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

The talk about microtransactions reminded me of an idea I had for how to do a resurrection system in Darkest Dungeon in a way that doesn't ruin the atmosphere. Without having to pay for it with real money. :P

Here's the idea: have the last building to unlock be the Scholar's Garret. She can bring the dead back to life... at a terrible cost.
Also a monetary cost. You should probably worry about that first.

Basically, you can resurrect any of your adventurers for a variable amount of gold (depending on their level) and with a sacrifice of another equal-level adventurer. The sacrificed adventurer cannot be brought back to life, so choose wisely.

The upgrade tracks would be 'Arcane Knowledge' (Reduces gold cost of resurrection) and 'Negotiation Skills' (Allows you to use adventurers of lower level).

It could also cost more depending on how old the adventurer it is; the longer they've been dead the harder it is to drag them back.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Well now (click to show/hide)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

Wow. Wonder how rare of an event that is.

Nice estate name, Blaze.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

That should totally come with some kind of messed up Quirk.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 12:01:13 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

It seems to have brought him back with nearly maxed-out stress, but I agree. Life in this world is horrible and traumatic and people who come back from the dead should never be the same again (at least not without some very expensive therapy).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Let's spoiler that just in case someone is sensitive.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile

Nah, they weren't dead, and they got better.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Picked this up on the summer sale.  Quickly became horribly addicted.  Everything about this game is solid.  But I'm especially impressed with how well balanced it is.  The difficulty and constant suspense are perfect.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In all fairness coming back to life in Darkest Dungeon isn't so much a blessing as it is a curse for the people involved.

It would be like starving to death only to be revived to starve to death once more :P
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 101