Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35

Author Topic: Competitive Evolution (Turn 18) (11/15)  (Read 33537 times)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Evolution (Turn 15) (11/15)
« Reply #405 on: February 13, 2021, 11:47:53 am »

Yep.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 13, 2021, 12:18:03 pm »

I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 13, 2021, 04:03:06 pm »

Yikes!  Looks like we’ve got something to fix.  Also, I need to research vertebral columns (did you know it’s possible to have a backbone made out of cartilage?)

Gonna need a day or so...
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 13, 2021, 04:52:16 pm »

(did you know it’s possible to have a backbone made out of cartilage?)

Yeah, sharks have it.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 13, 2021, 05:21:11 pm »

Team Friendly Pancake
SS vote: External Drone Homes
Currently, the Drone caste must live a sheltered life within the Hivecake complex, until a few Incubators got nommed and their drone progeny hitched a ride on the Eelish to another Incubator, things changed. These Incubators began to produce small growths on its exterior, housing many, many Drones, as well as a nutrient rich, sticky nectar.

When consumed by an Eelish, some of this nectar will adhere to the face of the creature, sustaining its cargo of Drones until it visits another Incubator and the passengers are swapped out for a new wave of Drones.

Barking Mad
To further protect against unwanted nibbling, lignin is woven into the wall of external cells, making them much harder to eat. Nothing all that special in the end.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 13, 2021, 09:17:28 pm »

Yep.

Ummmm, to what?
I swear I thought that was the confirmation thing, that or I posted too late

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 14, 2021, 02:11:46 am »

Why are greenplates Vulnerable?  ???

Giving naturegirl a chance to chime in if they want to.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 14, 2021, 02:49:40 am »

Why are greenplates Vulnerable?  ???

Giving naturegirl a chance to chime in if they want to.

Oh, that is a mistake. Lemme fix that.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 14, 2021, 07:53:20 pm »

Well, it would have been too much to ask for no terrible rolls i guess.

Normal vote: Pressure compensating system:  In order to thrive in two different enviroment, both the nervous and pseudocoelomatic systems of the eelish had to change. Now the nerve net around the body can sense the pressure changes and the sphincters around the body contract and relax in opportune ways to counteract the pressure, while their body developed ways to acclimatize to the different chemical composition of the water.

Sex vote: Enlarged Gullet: The eelish had a problem. They could either eat anything for a very brief period of time or they could try and feed on the pancakes and risk death.A solution was found in enlarging the front part of their digestive system, creating an internal food sac. The shape of the sac when inflated was attractive to the partners, but more importantly it allowed the eelish to guzzle food very fast to digset it slowly after, whether it came from their visits to the bottom or from  rare safe spot in the pancakes.

Gotototoe, i don't think we need anything urgent but maybe something to increase our speed would be good, so we can catch preys and catch up with our floating homes. What do you think? I am not exactly sure how an eel can get faster though. Any ideas?

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 15, 2021, 07:04:22 pm »

Bump

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 15, 2021, 08:10:28 pm »

Team Pasta Vēlōcis:

Vote:

Fix the skull plates.  The growth of the skull plates surrounding the ganglion needs to be reigned in so that they no longer break through the skin.  Also, that crest is just going to ruin our hydrodynamics down the road.  Get rid of it.

SS Vote:

Cartilaginous Vertebrae.  A series of cartilaginous vertebrae form along the spine of the body from one end of the notochord to the other.  Each vertebra consists of a cartilage plate between the nerve chord and notochord and has two arches made of cartilage.  The plate and the smaller upper arch surround the nerve chord, while the larger lower arch and the plate surround the notochord.  The sizes of the arches vary along the vertebral column according to the diameters of the sections of nerve chord and notochord they enclose.  In addition, there is additional cartilage in between the vertebrae so that the nerve chord and notochord are more or less enclosed in a continuous sheath of cartilage.  Also, some of the vertebrae may (or may not) have varying degrees of calcification.

Edit:  Fixxed typo

Edit2:  slight clarification.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 01:54:38 am by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 17, 2021, 01:22:52 am »

Pancake:

The Greenplates begin to differentiate their eponymous greenplate into branches and leaves, allowing them to gain the same amount of surface area to photosynthesis while needing grow less volume, allowing them to grow larger, and grow faster with less nutrients.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 01:26:24 am by Demonic Spoon »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 17, 2021, 11:06:15 pm »

Team Lagus(Laguras)

Vote: Sexual Reproduction Mk.2
Developing on their hypersexuality and their new breeding grounds.
The Laguras Eral gamet-injecting tendrils has morphed into long shaft full of muscle and tiny bone covered in outer layer,  just tucked behind is two balls of tissue that now houses where it's half of genetic code is produced. It's shaft has tiny tube inside it leading from top to splitting to go both balls and further leading to parts of digestive system(connected to ss vote). It new sexual organ now also slightly controls it's mating instincts. One further thing separating Eral is that it's become slightly smaller than the Alur.

The Laguras Alur on other hand hatchery develops into womb forming thicker muscles and tissues around it while expanding to take up more room in it's body, leading outside it's room is develop thicker layer of tissues that act as pleasure spot for Alur, it's two older chambers have connected to womb and undergone similar development but instead release only 2-3 eggs monthly instead. No eggs are released when Alur is pregnant. It womb also has a small tube running from outside similar to eral connecting to parts of it's digestive system(connected to ss vote). Alur however are slightly larger than eral.

Laguras Juveniles are what young and baby Laguras are called, when a egg is fertilized in the womb it undergoes mitosis and form sticky stack and attach to the womb, the juveniles stay in the womb as their form takes shape for upwards of few months before their 1/4 size of Laguras where then Alur livebirth on land, these juveniles are still to young to look after themselves and will use their heat rods to communicate with their parents, staying with them till they reach adult size which takes many months.

SS Vote: Excretion & Venting
The Laguras has developed to allow it to expel any excess waste and ammonia, using the tubes connected to it's sexual organs it allows some waste expel that way forming a bladder, while it's now vestigial gills have developed pores and covering to allow it to vent out excess heat and ammonia turning them into type sweat spot.
support and +1 vote again

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 18, 2021, 04:10:25 am »

Team Akın

1) Sexual reproduction. Two isolated cavities form inside the back of the animal. A smaller one that produces minuscule males with a single purpose of fertilising the other females through entering the second one.

And a much larger one that sprouts a hundred or so embryos inside it with the genetic information it gets from the drone. These embryos then canniballise eachother until two or three babies are left, which then the parent releases them.

2)A better and adjusted system of gills. Instead of being exposed, the gills are now inward, and can be seen from outside as a chain of 8 holes lining a long and thin hump running the animals back. Each hole leads to a separate chamber with the gill tissue and muscles lining the inside. They suck water in a way that at least one gill always gets oxygen.  They also do not interfere with the animals ganglion.

3) Two pairs of primitive eyes capable of seeing and distinguishing shape. One pair is situated in front, the other is on the sides of the animals "head".

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 19, 2021, 04:08:49 am »

Looking nice.
Edit: Da Pump
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 11:53:41 am by flazeo25 »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35