Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: For the third time, Cthulhu is struck down, and hell has frozen over.  (Read 17432 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: For the third time, Cthulhu is struck down, and hell has frozen over.
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2008, 05:34:24 pm »

I loved the little victory dance they'd do when you beat an area...  Especially fun with the braves doing a conga line around the fire warriors who are busy shooting fireworks into the sky.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2008, 06:37:33 pm »

You know what would be epic?  If multiplayer Majesty had one or two kings, and the rest could be heroes.

Also, I've found a fun multiplayer tactic.  My brother likes to build huge cities with lots of heroes, and those heroes make lots of money.  I build a town in the middle of the map with an inn, trading post, and fairgrounds, and watch as his heroes spend literally thousands of gold there.  I saw a single knight spend 1200 gold on a fairgrounds training session.  Of course, all that gold is going to me, instead of him.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 06:43:41 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2008, 07:06:47 pm »

Yep, that's why some people decide to invest in lots of statues, so that doesn't happen.  Either that, or just get a bunch of monks and paladins to protect them. 

Interestingly enough, the primary trait for gnomes is willpower.  I guess they're supposed to be loyal or somesuch.  It's kinda funny, they're dreadfully weak, but they have the best habits.  They spend as much time training as they can, and they also take lots of time buffing themselves in royal gardens.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2008, 09:11:00 pm »

So... I really want to play this game.

But I don't really know how to pirate stuff well.

It's not worth paying for really, because it's eight years old or whatnot.  I mean, I would pay five bucks for it, but I don't think it would be five bucks because I really would have to order it, etc...

Any suggestions?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2008, 09:22:25 pm »

What about $6.70?

That may work.  Thank ye!

...Does that come with the expansion?

...Do I have an E-Bay account?

...Is there anywhere I can just pay online?...

...I wonder if I can borrow an account...
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2008, 10:15:46 pm »

No, that one does not come with the expansion...  I just picked the first item on the list that wasn't charging six bucks for shipping.  I didn't put all that much effort into finding the thing, you might be able to find a better deal somewhere else.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2008, 01:41:01 pm »

Oooh, I just remembered, Majesty had an awesome manual.  My favorite PC-game manual of all time.
Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2008, 01:43:03 pm »

Ah yes, that was a lovely little thing...  It skipped on a couple minor details here and there, but it provided a very solid groundwork and was an entertaining read.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2008, 01:55:52 pm »

As for pirating, not that I engage in it or would recomend it all, if someone were hypothetically going to pirate it i suppose they could download bitcomet. Then, purely hypotheticaly, they may just go on mininova and search: "Majesty". They would, hypotheticaly of course, want to pick the one with the highest number of seeders as this would increase increase their hypothetical download speed. Once their hypothetical download had completed they would probably need to unpack the data archive. Although I have no experience myself in such criminal activities I do believe you will probably want to get the trial edition of WinRar to do this. Our hypothetical person would then probably illegally get Daemon Tools through a similar method, they would then hypotheticaly run it and in the bottom left would be a picture of a little boxlike thing which they would right click on and select mount then select the unpacked file. This would then allow them to install it (hypothetically if it doesnt automatically run go to my computer and double click on the drive with the majesty symbol, a crown) install the game and then follow the hypothetical instruction given to crack it. Our hypothetical person is now ready to play majesty, although they would have to feel very bad about themselves for stealing.

I didnt fool anyone did I? Well make sure you scan it for bugs before you go running anything youve downloaded, and check the comments section if there is anything nasty someone will normally make a comment saying so.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2008, 02:23:48 pm »

People on out local network were nice enough to put both the Majesty and the Northern Expansion CD's up for everyone to download. I say everyone, though I doubt any of you will be able to get it - most of these people refrain from keeping p2p active when browsing external i-net.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2008, 03:15:27 pm »

I hypothetically obtained it, but I've got two problems; the screen scrolls *extremely* fast, and if I stay in the scenario-select screen too long, it locks up.

Smashing game, though. I don't usually play RTS games, but this one is too awesome to pass up.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2008, 03:21:29 pm »

I think I somehow solved the ultrafast scrolling in the game, though not on the scenario select screen. And yes, it locks up periodically.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2008, 03:38:54 pm »

I use the keyboard to scroll, I even turned it down through some configuration file I found while looking around on the site, and it still doesn't work.
Shoes...

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2008, 05:30:48 pm »

According to their FAQ, the fix goes like so:

http://www.cyberlore.com/majesty/majesty-faq.htm#twentytwo
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8