Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 401893 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Tried, but I ran out of characters, and I don't want to get rid of my current sig... Just yet :P

Now lets follow the tracks just a 'bit more.
Use tinyurl.com, and use a sigtext thread to make room in your signature  :)

Compromised ;P
Ikled means whispers in dorfish apparantly, also Aussie, could you give us an update on the graveyard? It just looked... Well... I see dead people lol

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Tried, but I ran out of characters, and I don't want to get rid of my current sig... Just yet :P

Now lets follow the tracks just a 'bit more.
Use tinyurl.com, and use a sigtext thread to make room in your signature  :)

Compromised ;P
Ikled means whispers in dorfish apparantly, also Aussie, could you give us an update on the graveyard? It just looked... Well... I see dead people lol

There's 44 ghosts roaming around Swordthunders.  They're mostly harmless.  I have interred one or two dangerous ones though.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile

Beach side villa please. Hopefully so long as it dosent flood.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Beach side villa please. Hopefully so long as it dosent flood.

Done.  and it's lake-side.  The beach is on the north side of Hell, the villas overlook what's going to be a nice lake in the south-west area

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thankys.
I shall decorate my doorway with used *Green Glass Vials* for the hell's milkman to pick up later.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

Can someone give a briefing of what the hell is happening here?
(no way I'm going to read 50 pages of old jokes. :P)
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can someone give a briefing of what the hell is happening here?
(no way I'm going to read 50 pages of old jokes. :P)

Let's see if my list of Insults to Hell is up-to-date...

I made the much-feared Clown Car into a simple game of checkers that anyone can make and play

I built a set of bedrooms, workshops, a small barracks, dining room and food storage INSIDE a Glowing Pit (Hence the name 'Pit House') and made the obligatory 'dining in Hell' joke.

I walled off the edge all around with far fewer dwarven casualties than you might think (Almost all the deaths were from being locked outside during goblin sieges)

When a few guys started going crazy with a quote stack, I forcibly dwarfed them and enslaved them to building the wall as masons

I dug a channel straight down and grew strawberries

I'm flooring over the Glowing Pits and smoothing/engraving all of Hell bit-by-bit in dwarven graffiti

I've raised bees for honey

I've filled the north side with water to create a pleasant beach

I've built one-room villas around what will be a pleasant lake for my dwarves to live in

I've declared myself King of Dwarven Hell

I'm having the dwarves use adamantine floors to mark the work "SWORDTHUNDERS" on Hell's surface to show just who it belongs to (with a border around the letters made of wood from the surface)

I think I'm missing a few of the insults to Hell I've made.  Anyone remember the others?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:57:39 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Patroclus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You should move your trade depot down there, let the merchants know they're getting a hell of a deal.
I want Hell to be a place where my dwarves can live in peace and harmony.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Oh hey over 9000 views xD

Also, you forgot the windmill experiment, as well as the penguin artifacts, and of course everyone following the chronicles of the two military dwarves roaming the fort.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

You should make a hospitalin hell as well.

"Oh, they're gonna have to glue you back together... IN HELL!"

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

You should make a hospitalin hell as well.

"Oh, they're gonna have to glue you back together... IN HELL!"

*Proceeds to recover wounded and bring into hell*

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Urist McSoldier wakes up on the battlefield as a beautiful dwarven maiden picks him up and starts carrying him away. "Ach, Ye must be a Valkyrie taking me to Valhalla!". "No," she replies, "I'm taking you to Hell."
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

Aussie, what is your FPS?
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Urist McSoldier wakes up on the battlefield as a beautiful dwarven maiden picks him up and starts carrying him away. "Ach, Ye must be a Valkyrie taking me to Valhalla!". "No," she replies, "I'm taking you to Hell."

On the bright side for that dwarf, at least hes got a good one liner in right at the start and she should actualy remember to feed him and bring him drink.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

On the bright side for that dwarf, at least hes got a good one liner in right at the start and she should actualy remember to feed him and bring him drink.

If it's Doren picking up the injured dwarf, she'd probably cleave his head in instead.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 81