_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 860 861 [862] 863 864 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5759078 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #12915 on: March 05, 2013, 04:04:43 pm »

"Well yes, I agree with you Flint.  I was thinking we'd have three people at the base at all times and then three dedicated away teams of four.  We'd send the autonomous exploration drones out first to map an area then two away teams to explore it more thoroughly, dividing the map into a grid and partitioning half to each team.  The third team would explore previously explored areas for anything the first two missed.  Obviously it's Miyamoto's decision, though, ultimately."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12916 on: March 05, 2013, 04:05:23 pm »

"Who should drive the vehicels?"

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12917 on: March 05, 2013, 04:08:08 pm »

"People who won't crash them. I don't fancy the thought of backpacking across an anomalous planet just because someone thought it was a good idea to jump that ditch."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12918 on: March 05, 2013, 04:10:08 pm »

"Well yes, I agree with you Flint.  I was thinking we'd have three people at the base at all times and then three dedicated away teams of four.  We'd send the autonomous exploration drones out first to map an area then two away teams to explore it more thoroughly, dividing the map into a grid and partitioning half to each team.  The third team would explore previously explored areas for anything the first two missed.  Obviously it's Miyamoto's decision, though, ultimately."
"So, one driver/technician, one fleshtech and one soldier/bodyguard in the base? Sounds good to me."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12919 on: March 05, 2013, 04:12:06 pm »

So, imagination? And how different is that from what I tried earlier?
Well, I guess I could put a bit more story into it... Nice visual details... Or was she talking about something else? What do you think?
Pity the door closed that abruptly. Well, it's not like we knew it'd happen so.

((I think I could now try willing-into-existence a more descriptive escape attempt, but somehow I doubt that the previous one failed just because I didn't work out enough details. What else could be done in the vein of 'putting faces in the clouds'? ))

I wonder, should we now try to get to a more heavily doored area, like the original path? Or perhaps there is a whole new level of things out here somewhere, waiting to be discovered?..
No, it is no mere training ground, or mental sort of obstacle course; it must be something entirely different. What is it?
Stand aside as the door is opened. Follow Lyra to wherever she wants me to stand.
Calm down and think about 'Feyri''s words, and their meaning in the context of this mindfuck-resisting course. Also think about what went wrong with the previous escape attempt.

(( Wise words that I heard once now come to my mind: a truly good teacher won't tell you what you expect him to; the purpose of a true teacher is to give you that which is completely new, alien to your effective and potential knowledge and thus broaden your mind to levels otherwise unattainable. ))
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:14:45 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12920 on: March 05, 2013, 04:12:56 pm »

((Holly molly this took a long time to write. Here, enjoy the treatise on my favorite form of transportation. And I honestly don't understand why bicycles are so underused in the Sci-Fi genre. I mean, they could be used to navigate around the ship, if nothing else.))

Message to AM
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((By the way, Piecewise, what's your opinion on my musings regarding the diplomacy in this game. This post and my post just above that one.))
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 04:22:58 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12921 on: March 05, 2013, 04:25:09 pm »

Message to the AM:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12922 on: March 05, 2013, 04:26:51 pm »

Also, can we get a VR machine shipped down with us?
((Are you trying to drive our DM mad? ::)))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12923 on: March 05, 2013, 04:27:15 pm »

((@Nikitian: What if your problem isn't lack of imagination? I'm not going to tell you what I think the answer is (first of all because I could be wrong) but maybe you should think about this a bit more, both IC (like you are already doing) and OOC.))
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 04:52:02 pm by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12924 on: March 05, 2013, 04:39:24 pm »

So, imagination? And how different is that from what I tried earlier?
Well, I guess I could put a bit more story into it... Nice visual details... Or was she talking about something else? What do you think?
Pity the door closed that abruptly. Well, it's not like we knew it'd happen so.

((I think I could now try willing-into-existence a more descriptive escape attempt, but somehow I doubt that the previous one failed just because I didn't work out enough details. What else could be done in the vein of 'putting faces in the clouds'? ))

I wonder, should we now try to get to a more heavily doored area, like the original path? Or perhaps there is a whole new level of things out here somewhere, waiting to be discovered?..
No, it is no mere training ground, or mental sort of obstacle course; it must be something entirely different. What is it?
Calm down, sit and think about 'Feyri''s words, and their meaning in the context of this mindfuck-resisting course. Also think about what went wrong with the previous escape attempt.

(( Wise words that I heard once now come to my mind: a truly good teacher won't tell you what you expect him to; the purpose of a true teacher is to give you that which is completely new, alien to your effective and potential knowledge and thus broaden your mind to levels otherwise unattainable. ))
Look at Maurice. Shake my head horizontally twice. rotate my right hand in front of my chest in a pattern similar to a wheel rolling towards Maurice.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12925 on: March 05, 2013, 04:53:30 pm »

((How would we drive Piecewise mad? He could just say no, because it is an expensive piece of machinery.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12926 on: March 05, 2013, 04:59:10 pm »

Quote from: Thearpox
-snip-
(( Wow.
Sounds convincing, actually. Now I'm trying to figure if that or any other underused transportation methods could be converted and introduced into service, especially given the low cost of power generators.
The only problem I see with it is that given that we are more often than not walking down relatively passages, the length of a bicycle might prove a problem, so they should probably be fitted to be shorter than we are used to. Also, what about tricycles? I figure they could be shorter and provide greater stabitity at low speed.
Oh, and I think at least some of the seats should remain, and possibly be expanded for better support. I don't have enough experience with riding bikes without seats, but I suppose that for the sake of transporting wounded there should be at least a couple with large enough seats and just the cheapest power generators and electric motors capable of moving (even at a slow speed) without human power supplied.

@Parisbre56 I understand; perhaps tranquillity and calmness of spirit should be attained, or focus on the real world instead of this illusion, or... The problem is, as I can see it, the possible ways to finish the training are these: ignore the doors and everything and just somehow 'force' my way out of there (wake up, escape, forget, sleep, etc.), or use the environment to get to the mission objective and then be allowed out/escape (follow the doors to the end, find a way to something else and then solve that, summon and challenge the puppeteer and win a duel of wills, etc.) - but I feel that both ways are wrong and something entirely else is required from me, but unfortunately I cannot grasp it.  :-[  ))

Roll, sail in the air... You think something might be thrown at us? Ah, that replica you made? Unlikely, but possible; I'll move out of the way, then, if you insist.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12927 on: March 05, 2013, 05:01:02 pm »

((How would we drive Piecewise mad? He could just say no, because it is an expensive piece of machinery.))
((steve> no, i want you searching the AP, not spending a year in VR.))

shake my head horiztonally twice. let go of maurice's hand and place both of my hands in front of me at chest level, oriented vertically, pointed towards him. after half a second, cross them over to where the other one was, still pointed towards him and oriented vertically. after another half second re-grab his hand with my left hand and let my right hand rest by my side.

((low on time RL, if you reply i'll follow up in a lil over 2 hours from now))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12928 on: March 05, 2013, 05:12:51 pm »

You want us to change places? Hmmm... Me reopening the doors? Unlikely. Me throwing an item of yours there? Unlikely as well.
Just change places physically? Ah, you mean, you want to try becoming the focus of the door contents attention, be it 'Feyri' or something else? Sure, if that is what you wish.
Past Sigs

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12929 on: March 05, 2013, 05:13:43 pm »

((An expensive piece of machinery that gets wrecked and replaced almost regularly.

If I can't do it on the ship, I will do my damndest to do it however I can.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 860 861 [862] 863 864 ... 2101